Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

New card arrived, activated it. Tried to add it without vpn and no joy, it wanted a Turkish mobile, even though it's my Irish number on file. Vpn and incognito , started chat and in fainess the rep brought up the in chat form straight away, all I had said was I couldn't update my payment details. Smooth process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone know how to reset my google account being set to the default of Turkey rather than Ireland. After disconnecting the VPN for my visit to Turkey to update my account, I cleared out my history, cookies etc and it it went back to Ireland but since then it has defaulted back to Turkey and I haven't even used the VPN since, any help gratefully received.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

I remember a time when companies where falling over themselves to stop piracy and try generate a revenue stream, now we have Netflix going on an all out war to stop what must be a small part of there user base saving themselves a few euro. This madness will drive that user base back to pirate means, greed as usual the driver. It's not even the few quid, its Netflix launching a war against this small user base as they have made there shareholders belive this is the reason they are loosing money, not the high monthly fee, when I firsted joined in IE, it was 6.99/7.99€ that was reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Disney plus are worse, their hoops are very technical to jump through. But at end of it all, it's a tiny tiny amount of subs. The amount of people I've told over the years who seem happy to keep paying the Irish sub, as if the gestapo will call to their door and send them to a prison for having a foreign subscription.

My tally is now Turkish Netflix, Disney plus, prime and Ssport plus, Arg YouTube and tidal. I could do without some of them but they're cheap.

Lastly, got surfshark through quidco last week and it's opened a whole new world of Netflix. I'm using https://unogs.com/ to search for my preferred movie, then turn on relevant country and off you go. South Korea and Germany have a surprisingly large library

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I use Getflix for my streaming services. Would you say Surfshark is better? It seems to be for Netflix anyway.

• Advertisement

I've used a few over the years but this just seems to work. Had to fiddle with settings on fire stick app but got it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've found getflix more reliable than vpns, but from last check I think you can only flick between us or irish Netflix. Vpns obviously give you a wider range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

How much is the Disney sub costing?

1.95 a month. 19.50 a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

I take it the Prime membership is only for Prime TV and doesn't work for Prime delivery?

Correct unless you're in Turkey. But you get to watch all the videos on PRIME. It's worth about the 50c a month until they start taking all the bond movies etc back off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Can confirm is video only.

I also have a sub prime through amazon brasil, that will give you free amazon music too. Works out a bit more expensive at around 14 euros a year.

Just be aware that the basic amazon music only allows 1 profile so only one person can use at a time

is it just with a vpn to sign up or do you need a vpn when watching?

Just sign up but that has a tricky procedure. See the Disney plus thread

Cheers I’ll take a look

I just added my revolut card to netflix without issue, no VPN required. Had to confirm the TKL payment via revolut, and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Well just updated my payment info tried a few different ways but what worked was Live chat in incognito mode with vpn set to turkey on my phone thanks to bazwraf for the step by step guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Got logged out of my account and it cancelled my account.When trying to restart the membership through vpn again it wont accept my curve / revolut card now.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

My Revolut card expired after using this since 2019.. so I tried updating my card details using the VPN to Turkey but Netflix wants to send a confirmation text to a Turkish mobile number.. Any idea how to get around this?

I know from this thread smspva.com has been used to resolve this issue, but they dont seem to have Turkey available to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

For whatever reason I could not add any cards, Revolut or Visa etc and couldnt get the verification txt bypass working either. So went off and got Netflix voucher, now paid up till October. I'll keep trying to add another payment method between then and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Try vpn-ing to somewhere other than turkey to add card. Lots of people here used Cyprus; Canada worked for me (I was already connected and gave it a shot)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Anyone get Paramount plus working through Argentina?

Tried everything including a bluestacks etc,no go.

I managed to sign up to Mexico for a month last year. When I was on the VPN to Mexico it's worked but without the VPN it didn't. I don't think it works (Latin America anyway) the same way as HboMax in that with my Getflix Smart DNS it wouldn't connect to the American server and would just freeze.

No matter how hard I tried I could not sign up to the Argentinian service. My card kept being declined via the website or the app was showing a price of $4.99/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Anyone else having issues when trying to verify their phone number on Turgame. I don't appear to be receiving the OTP

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Did you try same way as disney plus? Removing all google play accounts and leaving just the Argentinian play store and downloading the paramount plus app from that store with Argentinian vpn on? That was only method that worked for disney plus...

Yes, tried BlueStacks and spare mobile. Tbh didn't think the library was worth it after I tried Irish trial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Okay so I've added my Revolut card as an alternative payment method and cancelled my Irish Netflix subscription - it expires on the 8th July.

Do I just get a VPN - set it to turkey and remove my Irish card and use the Revolut card as my main payment card? Is it that simple? I don't mind topping my account up with Turkish Vouchers if that is easier. Is it possible to buy Turkish Netflix vouchers and pay for a year in advance. How much is year in advance in TL (just so I buy the right amount of vouchers) This is what I did when setting up my Turkish Disney Plus account. Any help greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I'd say remove your irish card now otherwise it will get charged when you change to turkey

Advertisement