Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Piano teacher for adult

Options
  • 21-01-2021 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a piano teacher for my 70 year old father.

We have a piano at home, so can do lessons there (Cartron) or at the teachers home. It does not necessarily have to be a qualified teacher, just someone who would have the time and patience to teach him. He loves music, but god love him, wouldn't be a very fast learner. I can't see him wanting to do exams etc. Just need someone who will work at his pace.

Obviously this will have to wait until restrictions are lifted, just thought I'd put it out there now and hopefully have something arranged for when it's possible.

Please feel free to PM me if you might be able to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

i used to live across the road from a piano teacher in sligo town, seen people of all ages going to her. can't seem to find her online, shes in lynndale beside magheraboy

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

I'd say Kieran Quinn would be a good guy to contact about this. I'm sure he'll be pleased to advise you and your dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

This might not be the best idea, but I have started typing - and as soon as I start typing, I am unable to stop... (YOU CAN STILL STOP, YOU KNOW THIS IS GOING TO BE A TERRIBLE IDEA, IT"S NOT TOO LATE - JUST HIT THE BACK BUTTON AND NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW YOU WERE ABOUT TO SHARE THIS TERRIBLE IDEA!...) - NO! I have started, so I will finish!

Online lessons! YouTube is full of lessons to learn anything your heart desires - including Piano? I know it may be a little impersonal, and maybe not ideal - but who knows, maybe he might enjoy it? And you know what - let's say he does, maybe THEN he gets lessons? When the sh*t isn't hitting the fan so much? Even if it may not suit him, I can totally understand it may not - but even some online / free / YouTube courses / videos on Music Theory might be a fun / useful way to get used to the terminologies, and... stuff! – I really think this could help!?

Something like this perhaps? https://www.open.edu/openlearn/history-the-arts/music/introduction-music-theory/content-section-0?active-tab=description-tab

Or videos like these:

I don't know. Maybe it's not the best idea, but maybe it might serve as a fun way to get started / prepare / build a foundation, before actual lessons... when the sh*t isn't hitting the fan as much? I don't know... just a thought!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

I might have a go at that meself, thanks Willhelm. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

It was my bright idea for lockdown and only got around to trying to get a digital piano recently only to discover there is a world shortage! Lot of others with same idea and supply shortage... boo hoo:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement