Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods with personal vendettas

• 04-12-2020 2:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

again I got a ban, this time for a month by a mod who unfairly banned me.

When i questioned the ban , not only did they lack the decency to ever reply to 2 messages i sent , despite them being on line, they banned me for a month.

I would not have got the one month ban were the undeserved warning not given out in the first place.

I called a person who abused kids sick in the head, but because of the mods paranoia, and obvious vendetta, gave me a warning.

+
    +
    +
    1.png

my reply
    2.png

after getting zero reply, I sent another message
    3.png

.Then whilst banned another member proceeds to call me a racist and claims I was banned for racism, but like always no action is taken against them.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It appears that the ban is already up. You can appeal anyway if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I do.

The ban may be up but another warning mostly likely means a full ban, and besides, the ban i got should never have been issued in the first place,

Nor does it alter the fact the mod who wrongly banned me did not have the decency to even reply to my 2 messages, then that is hardly a surprise these days.

did the member who called me a racist even get a warning after me reporting him ?
    course not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Justin Credible Darts,

I will look into this for you. To clarify, you are appealing the one month ban you received on the 20 October from Current Affairs, yes?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Hi Justin Credible Darts,

I will look into this for you. To clarify, you are appealing the one month ban you received on the 20 October from Current Affairs, yes?

My problem is with mods waiting to pounce upon anything I post i am aware another warning etc could lead to a permanent ban, so the least number of what I deem unwarranted and undeserved warnings the better.

so yes, i would like the warning which led to a ban to be looked into......especially since my query to the mod who gave it to me lacked the decency to reply to my 2 messages before being flung out of the entire forum for a month.

Thanks Ancapailldorcha.

btw.....I see this post which is clearly a lie as well as a personal attack is still unedited after I reported it and of course nothing done about it

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115214924&postcount=2529

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Justin,

I see a previous DRP for this ban here where it was upheld:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058123665

Can you confirm that it's the warning leading to this one month ban which was issued for this post that you are appealing?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

no.... the ban was for the post in the start of this thread, for calling a child abuser sick in the head.

when I questioned the mod by sending 2 messages i got no reply, and then a months ban.

Hence why this thread.

That's the post I linked to. Ok. Bear with me.

H. H. Asquith

Hi Justin,

I'll have an update for you this evening. Apologies for the delay.

H. H. Asquith

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, I have to concur with the moderator that the yellow card for this comment is wholly merited. You've referred to a transgender person as being "sick in the head" here and that's not acceptable on this site. Given your record on the CA/IMHO forum and the site in general, I advise you to reconsider and appraise your posting style going forward.

Please let me know if you would like to appeal for an admin review and I will flag this.

H. H. Asquith

thats the point, I was referring to the child abuser as sick in the head

but because it was a transgender person you cannot say it....yet people are free to call me racist.

go figure

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP please advise if you wish this to be looked at by an Admin

yes.

It seems every time I get an undeserved warning or ban which is over turned it just makes the mods more determined to get revenge in the next post.

I got yet another ban 2 nights ago for posting an actual video of joe biden in a joe biden thread.
    It broke no rules, the mod has not replied and accused me of trolling...a cop out by mods when they have no genuine reason to issue a ban so blatantly claim it must be trolling, that way you can ban anyone without just cause.

Each time i stand up to mods with a vendetta, they just find another excuse when posts are not even breaking rules.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I know this has been left for some time unaddressed, but you were somewhat "indisposed" for a month and unable to participate. I will have a look at this for you

OP, you stated
    "who ever would have guessed that they could be sick in the head"

Whoever would have guessed implies the fact they were transgender resulted in you conclusion they could "be sick in the head"

There was no suggestion the person you were referring to was described as "sick in the head" in the Twitter post. You drew this conclusion apparently because they were transgender

I am therefore upholding the yellow card

Your other comments about moderators and moderation are irrelevant to this appeal. Please stick to the disputed sanction when appealing mod actions

Advertisement