Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current affairs thread ban

• 02-01-2021 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

Received a thread ban from CA and the reason as to why I was threadbanned from Necro was that my comment was racail and that you's don't accept that. I want to know what was racial about my comment using facts and no subjective feelings.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1800_Ladladlad View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExMachina1000 View Post
    Promoting crime and disorder.
    A real addition
    Wah di rass ahh mi dead wid laugh. Bumbowhole raised baka bush. Blabba mout

The results of me living with a Jamaican in London right there

My post was in response to a video by Dre Kannon who was fanning the flames of racial tension, a masked individual calling for violence and retribution against whites. Dre Kannon claims to be Jamaican. And in JAMAICA they speak PATOI. I lived in London with a Jamaican lad and I got to know a fair bit, as one would. Insulting a Jamaican through the use of Patoi and slang is now racist?? or are you inferring that just because of his skin colour and I insulted him in his native tongue, that's racists? Because nothing I said was racist nor was it out of line with anything that has been said in that thread that has been accused of racism.

This is what I said, please see the clink through links to explain the slang.

This would be a literal translation : WTF I'm rolling around pissing myself. This ****er was dragged up and he like to talk

Video in question:

Please explain the racial aspect to what I said.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Jaysus Iv been banned from Current Affairs/IMHO for one week for being uncivil. uncivil to who? The many responses to the video above mirror mine. Id say this is the usual suspects with the strategic out rage through reporting

Re: You have been banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Necro
    Dear 1800_Ladladlad,

You have been banned from Current Affairs/IMHO for one week for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

explain what was wrong with that. Posts like that are all over the thread and forum

It was a racist comment. We don't want that in the forum.

If you wish to challenge this you are free to use the Dispute Resolution Forum

Regards,

Necro

Follow this thread to find out when the next game is and sign up!
    1800_Ladladlad is online now Report Post

Then will this be reviewed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I can look at this however I don't see an adequate discussion with the mod to attempt to resolve. As you are aware mods are volunteers and give up their time to keep the forum running smoothly so put your position to the mod in a polite manner with a view to resolving the situation.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I can look at this however I don't see an adequate discussion with the mod to attempt to resolve. As you are aware mods are volunteers and give up their time to keep the forum running smoothly so put your position to the mod in a polite manner with a view to resolving the situation.

What? They were the ones who referred me to here when I asked them to clarify how my post was racial.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What? They were the ones who referred me to here when I asked them to clarify how my post was racial.

Which would be phrased like

'Please clarify how my post was racist as that was not my intention?'

rather than

'explain what was wrong with that. Posts like that are all over the thread and forum'

A bit of politeness goes a long way especially when dealing with volunteers.

Noted.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, has this been resolved, or do you wish to continue to appeal the sanction?

Hi Beasty, I have not heard anything. The week-long thread ban has since expired but I don't want the strike on my profile as I vehemently deny any sort of racism as claimed for the reason. If it was just a thread ban with any stain on the profile then I'm fine.
    Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can you post a copy of your PM to the mod contesting this, following Pawwed Rig's post above?

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Can you post a copy of your PM to the mod contesting this, following Pawwed Rig's post above?

There was no contest email sent by me to pawwrg as he seems to have just popped in for a lecture on response to being forum banned for racism

OK, one final chance. Send a PM to the mod to try and resolve this directly, as otherwise I'm marking this resolved

Resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement