Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was the €1.50 cadbury stocking selection boxes a misprint or did any store get them in?

I went in on Thursday morning before work and picked up a box of them (8 in a box) and they scanned at 3.99. I showed them the leaflet and they gave them to me for 1.50. Havent heard of anyone else getting them at that price though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Mayo_fan wrote: »
    Well then the poster omegagene who I quoted needs to explain how they save “up” to a tenner each week from the app. That’s the point I replied to, it’s unrealistic that posters can expect up to a tenner a week savings from this app alone

You're aware that a €1 saving is saving "up" to a tenner... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Well then the poster omegagene who I quoted needs to explain how they save “up” to a tenner each week from the app. That’s the point I replied to, it’s unrealistic that posters can expect up to a tenner a week savings from this app alone

I gave up on the app, useless unless you want to go searching for the reduced items (correct sizes etc), I’m not that stuck for money that I’m going to spend extra time wandering around the aisles of Lidl to save 50c on a packet of biscuits which I normally don’t buy. As others have said free treats rarely in stock so that’s also a dead end

I suppose I should remember that some people on this thread have admitted to going to circle k on a daily basis with a bunch of voucher codes for monster energy and other junk food using vouchers which they have gotten by begging other users on here(including setting up duplicate accounts and getting caught out). So maybe that’s Lidl’s target audience. But I’m out

Up to a tenner means anything from 0 to 10euro. That is what omegagene said and that is exactly what the app offers so it is no way unrealistic to achieve that, in fact, it is impossible not to achieve it. Is that where the confusion is? Do you think up to tenner means more than a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not really seeing a problem with the App - have only brought stuff we want or would use. A few things haven't been on the shelves, but that happens at every offer in every supermarket (looking at you Tesco, and the O'Donnells 5 for €5).

Actually, I've one issue - very irritating that it takes the euro off (if that's what you "won") off every bloody item on the receipt!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I can't see me every making use of all 'treats' in any given week but I still think it's worth the 2 seconds it takes to scan the app to keep using it. Some weeks I get money off or a few discounts on things I'd buy anyway and some weeks I get nothing but no harm done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fan of the App but have noticed in last few days some of the vouchers aren't scanning even though the machine bleeps when you scan it.
    Had a €2 off and another item reduced by €1 last week.
    Noticed the receipt on the monitor and didn't have either even though the machine had bleeped and light went off/on when I scanned it.
    Said it to the cashier and she said to re-scan it and both discounts applied.
    She said sometimes it doesn't go through.

Today had a €1 off and another voucher to reduce spuds by €1, both activated.
    Scanned the card, machine bleeped so assumed all was okay but when I checked the receipt at home, I noticed the €1 off worked but the €1 off the spuds didn't and was gone from the list of available discounts so that would assume that it had worked?
    Hope this isn't the start of problems as it has been working well up to now for me.

The card is hard to stick through the hole in front of the till, wonder why they don't put the card reader closer to the plastic screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Fan of the App but have noticed in last few days some of the vouchers aren't scanning even though the machine bleeps when you scan it.
    Had a €2 off and another item reduced by €1 last week.
    Noticed the receipt on the monitor and didn't have either even though the machine had bleeped and light went off/on when I scanned it.
    Said it to the cashier and she said to re-scan it and both discounts applied.
    She said sometimes it doesn't go through.

Today had a €1 off and another voucher to reduce spuds by €1, both activated.
    Scanned the card, machine bleeped so assumed all was okay but when I checked the receipt at home, I noticed the €1 off worked but the €1 off the spuds didn't and was gone from the list of available discounts so that would assume that it had worked?
    Hope this isn't the start of problems as it has been working well up to now for me.

The card is hard to stick through the hole in front of the till, wonder why they don't put the card reader closer to the plastic screen?

You should ring their customer service theyll sort you out, they are brilliant for issues like this

• Registered Users Posts: 84,997 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tscul32 wrote: »
    I went in on Thursday morning before work and picked up a box of them (8 in a box) and they scanned at 3.99. I showed them the leaflet and they gave them to me for 1.50. Havent heard of anyone else getting them at that price though.

Well Done ;)

They in store now at 3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I gave up on the app, useless unless you want to go searching for the reduced items (correct sizes etc), I’m not that stuck for money that I’m going to spend extra time wandering around the aisles of Lidl to save 50c on a packet of biscuits which I normally don’t buy. As others have said free treats rarely in stock so that’s also a dead end

They literally have an end shelf with all the items in one place bar the refrigerated and frozen stuff (and they have very obvious Lidl plus tags hanging above the price for the other items). I've not once had any trouble finding any of the freebies since they launched the card, perhaps my local one is better stocked but I imagine it's more likely people being unfamiliar with the layout of their store.

You'd swear people are expecting Lidl to be handing out free steaks the way they're going on in here. Regular €2/50% off fresh meat, bread, fruit and veg is more what people like the app for, not 50c off a pack of biscuits. The free extras you get with your receipt is just a small sweetener to the main weekly deals, I don't think anyone is expecting another 50% off a pack of mince for example but an extra €1/2 off voucher every now and then is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

I suppose I should remember that some people on this thread have admitted to going to circle k on a daily basis with a bunch of voucher codes for monster energy and other junk food using vouchers which they have gotten by begging other users on here(including setting up duplicate accounts and getting caught out). So maybe that’s Lidl’s target audience. But I’m out

Bargain Alerts might not be for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Today i learned you need to scan the app every time for scratch and save to work... ive been wondering why i never got it again for weeks, cause i hadnt used it every time...

Good deals this week, reset tomorrow and more good stuff. usual staples of rice, nuggets, bacon, spuds and comfort, theyd be in my usual cart, so excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Was asked to pick up some shower gel on the way home so picked up the Coke zero while I was there and got €1 off next shop which I'll use for the oven chips tomorrow or Friday, worked out well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Bargain Alerts might not be for you

Maybe that's what being a long suffering mayo fan does to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

xpletiv wrote: »
    Today i learned you need to scan the app every time for scratch and save to work... ive been wondering why i never got it again for weeks, cause i hadnt used it every time.

Well that kind of makes sense They can't reward you for shopping if they don't know you've done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Yeah, sometimes I don't scan because I've nothing on the treats list.
    I guess it's good for them to link the receipt to the user for their own research and then give a scratch card as reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Used my €2 off from halloween and discount on the cod fillets. Also got jalapeno wedges & some spinach. Thats a relatively healthy 2 person dinner for about €2.50. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Chocolate with almonds bar worth 78c on scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Baggly wrote: »
    Used my €2 off from halloween and discount on the cod fillets. Also got jalapeno wedges & some spinach. Thats a relatively healthy 2 person dinner for about €2.50. Happy enough with that.

Jalapeno wedges!!! Damn you, I missed them last night.

Best thing Lidl sell imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also got jalapeno wedges.

Sorry, what's this now???

• Advertisement

They have a tray in the chilled ready meals section of wedges topped with cheese sauce, jalapenos and ham. Its very very good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

They have a tray in the chilled ready meals section of wedges topped with cheese sauce, jalapenos and ham. Its very very good imo.

Feck it. I was looking forward to these until the ham bit.

The ham is an affectation to protein. Its most wedges, sauce and jalapenos. But yeah, little bit in there.

FWIW, i also bought the composite ingredients to see how much easier / cheaper they are vs just making myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The ham is an affectation to protein. Its most wedges, sauce and jalapenos. But yeah, little bit in there.

FWIW, i also bought the composite ingredients to see how much easier / cheaper they are vs just making myself.

And your answer was....??

I havent tried yet ill be doing so this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have a couple of kilos of Ballymakenny spuds in the press, I will definitely be making these over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

My wife and I live aroud the corner from a lidl and a few times a week we'll go for an evening walk and get seperate few bits to just to avail of the free stuff and discounts twice, I just took the free branflakes once and still got a bonsu for the next shop.....Keeps us entertained in lockdown :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I find a lot of the item of this app are always out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

zell12 wrote: »
    Chocolate with almonds bar worth 78c on scratchcard

got this yesterday, bit annoying having to re-enter the shop carrying a weighed down bag and re-queue, would be nice if it could let you know in advance what prize will be... tho obviously I get that it's setup this way to entice you back ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭zell12

My wife and I live aroud the corner from a lidl and a few times a week we'll go for an evening walk and ,....Keeps us entertained in lockdown :-D
    Did you pop in every four hours during their Trick Treat promotion and get all the goodies?

Advertisement