Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Just rang around a few places in Wexford. Some difference I tell you. I want to spend about €300 and here is the following :

Campus 800 litres online €299.99 with discount Code CM15 - Over the phone €315

So the best value is either Campus and you pay online or else Glen Fuels and you pay cash on delivery . Pays to shop around .

If you use code car25 you will get more off with campus. In your example it would be €291.99 for 800L.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

homah_7ft wrote: »
    If you use code car25 you will get more off with campus. In your example it would be €291.99 for 800L.

Ahh no way. Didn’t know that. Just placed a order using the code I had .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Campus wexford gone down today yesterday for 300 lt €144 now €130 with car25 thanks to Hamah 7f €123, reason for 300lt don't think i will get much more in tank, i should have waited i paid €269 for 500lt 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

Is this tax coming in on 1st of May still? Carbon tax

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

kenyard wrote: »
    Is this tax coming in on 1st of May still? Carbon tax

Yep, an extra 16 euro per 1,000 litres thanks to the Green party, and that's only this year. We have 10 years of it done and there's another 10 years of it to go.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭jt69er

380 euro for 1000 lt's Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Prices in Limerick dropping..

O'Dwyer Oil 38c Litre. 1000 litres for 380euro

Naughtons Oil 36c Litre. 1000 litres for 360euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Surely that can't be matched or go any lower. That price must be based on ur 3000L purchase. I'd be fighting just to get the whole lot for €1k cash... :-) No harm in asking

3000 litres just delivered €900.00 :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Local supplier won't budge to 340 from 360 after telling them I can get further afield for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

I know it's a how long is a piece of string question but do you think it's worth getting 1000 litres now before the carbon tax or would waiting a week or two get even better savings?
    Best price I've been quoted is €390.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ingalway wrote: »
    I know it's a how long is a piece of string question but do you think it's worth getting 1000 litres now before the carbon tax or would waiting a week or two get even better savings?
    Its a moot point now Id imagine. The carbon tax applies from friday and between people being aware of that and also the very low prices all the companies are most likely flat out and so you are probably looking at the beginning of the week for a fill.

in saying all that it depends where you're based and maybe the lorry is making a delivery near your place in the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

muffler wrote: »
    Its a moot point now Id imagine. The carbon tax applies from friday and between people being aware of that and also the very low prices all the companies are most likely flat out and so you are probably looking at the beginning of the week for a fill.

in saying all that it depends where you're based and maybe the lorry is making a delivery near your place in the next 24 hours.

I'm not desperate for oil just yet, just wondering if it's worth ordering/paying before Friday or will it keep coming down over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I'm not desperate for oil just yet, just wondering if it's worth ordering/paying before Friday or will it keep coming down over the next few weeks.

Just got 2 IBC 1000l tanks delivered for 120 - Used once with plastic pallet/metal cage , Have also ordered 2000l to be delivered on Friday for 680 Euro , 1400l tank already full so I will have 3400l of Heating Oil that will last a good while !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

mother in law just order 1000l for 270 - great value there. to be fair i am pretty sure she got some discount as her brother works in the industry and he orders for her but even still. Discount wouldnt be massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

muffler wrote: »

That doesn't matter, you get the price on the day you order so you still have until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

mother in law just order 1000l for 270 - great value there. to be fair i am pretty sure she got some discount as her brother works in the industry and he orders for her but even still. Discount wouldnt be massive!
    Can you ask the mother in law to put in a few orders for us 😀270 for 1000L is some bargain ,has it ever been that cheap before .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Discount looks about 20% at best rates on cheapest oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

3000 litres just delivered €900.00 :eek: :D

Result... Plus robbery on ur part... Lol...

Speak Now wrote: »
    Discount looks about 20% at best rates on cheapest oil.

That must be at least the margin that the distributors are working off so which sounds about right.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

TimHorton wrote: »
    Just got 2 IBC 1000l tanks delivered for 120 - Used once with plastic pallet/metal cage , Have also ordered 2000l to be delivered on Friday for 680 Euro , 1400l tank already full so I will have 3400l of Heating Oil that will last a good while !

Do you mind saying where you bought the IBC's please ?
    Great value, put in an order with Flynn's this evening @ €340 for 1000 litres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

It's a tough call, I've ordered 2,000 litres for tomorrow at 37 cent a litre.

Other counties are a lot cheaper but there is a bit of a cartel operating in Kerry from what I can gather. Having said that it would have been 140 euro dearer 5 days ago and I paid 400 euro for 700 litres about 6 weeks ago.

The carbon tax on Friday will add 16 euro per 1,000 litres and there's not a whole lot more room for prices to drop from where we are.

I personally think waiting for a few weeks for another drop that will negate the carbon tax is a gamble and I'm happy enough to get oil at about half price compared to what I paid last year.

Bonkers.ie is a great site to sign up to for money saving tips, they send out emails once a month. This was sent out today..

https://bonkers.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f48e7c4e791de8ee29cb90fe&id=7242d2f567&e=1df629d6c5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

That must be at least the margin that the distributors are working off so which sounds about right.

In fuel they work off cent per litre as their costs don't change with fuel prices.
    7-8 c would be normal, so whilst it's about 25% now and sounds great, it's 10% when the price is €750/1000L

And that covers drivers, delivery cost and office staff along with rent, rates etc etc

Refineries are cutting their margins and that's making prices even lower. No sign of any increase coming, so I wouldn't be rushing. The carbon tax will add less than €20 to a full tank

Darc19 wrote: »
    In fuel they work off cent per litre as their costs don't change with fuel prices.
    7-8 c would be normal, so whilst it's about 25% now and sounds great, it's 10% when the price is €750/1000L

And that covers drivers, delivery cost and office staff along with rent, rates etc etc

Refineries are cutting their margins and that's making prices even lower. No sign of any increase coming, so I wouldn't be rushing. The carbon tax will add less than €20 to a full tank

This makes no sense when talking about a business that's primary cost is in transporting many thousands of tons of product by road on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

800 Ls for 290 quid and my tank is filled. Job done today. If the 800 Ls doesn't fit, the oil company have agreed to fill the drums I have with the balance. Happy now that the next winter fuel need is done. One less worry.

Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I built my house in 2016/2017 and I was as smug as anything putting in an Air to Water heat pump pitying the suckers who were going to get fleeced for oil in years to come.

Joke's on me!!!!! (for the time being)

This makes no sense when talking about a business that's primary cost is in transporting many thousands of tons of product by road on a daily basis.

So are you saying that it costs more to deliver oil at 80c per litre than oil at 35c per litre.???

And that other costs including office and administrative and other fixed costs are different depending on the oil prices?

Seriously?

Darc19 wrote: »
    So are you saying that it costs more to deliver oil at 80c per litre than oil at 35c per litre.???

And that other costs including office and administrative and other fixed costs are different depending on the oil prices?

Seriously?

Yes.

Yes.

Care to explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Yep, an extra 16 euro per 1,000 litres thanks to the Green party, and that's only this year.

The GP were not in Govt last year.

Advertisement