Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banners brokers - Money Taken

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Usual banners broker approach, link as many times as you can to the BB web site. Get other BB 'agents' to post irrelevant fluff so meaningful discussion get drowned out by the noise.

Avoid answering specific question about anything.

Rinse and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Graham wrote: »
    Usual banners broker approach, link as many times as you can to the BB web site. Get other BB 'agents' to post irrelevant fluff so meaningful discussion get drowned out by the noise.

Rinse and repeat.

But it's not a pyramid scheme.................. Our model is the trapezoid!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 the_juice

Doughbag wrote: »
    First I never said, that buying a house was not legal, but the way the property bubble was created, it pretty much looks like a legalised pyramid scheme.

Secondly, when you search for companies trying to sell ads on the internet, you find them via the internet, there is no big secret about them, expect Banner Brokers where you first need to know about them. Approximately 100% of those businesses do not ask punters to lend them money to buy ad-space.

But the MOST important reason, why I think this is a pyramid scheme is:

Here are some companies that do banner ads
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/banner-ad11.htm

Notice, that there is a mention about Banner Brokers?

Sure, its Banner Brokers, NOT Banners Brokers. Spot the difference?
    www.Bannerbrokers.com aka Banner Brokers was founded in 1997 by Raj Chauhan an online advertising pioneer, who later on joined Yahoo! And does not exist anymore. This is or well, was a legit business, unlike www.bannersbrokers.com (noticed the added “S”) which is a simple godaddy.com website with a lot of errors on their website, lots of links don’t properly work etc.

This just looks all a bit to fishy for me, to believe that it is not a Ponzi scheme. While this is still running, there will be very little complains about it, since people still make money. But at some stage, it will fall apart. If this is in 6 months, 1 year or 2 years but it will at some stage and a lot of people will cry for their money.

right,here we go, this really is getting tiring now....

you said that buying property in 2002 etc looked legit at the time which basically meant that you now think it wasnt. Again if you were stupid enough to buy crap houses for over inflated prices to fund property developer's lifestyles then you are just that,real stupid.

again it is banners broker, look up www.bannersbroker.com and at the top right there is a video sequence that gives a better explanation on how it works and how it benefits different types of people.

Now where in the world did you get the fact people are buying adspace THROUGH THEM means they are lending BB money?? Its a bloody BROKER!! Do you still not get it??????? Its like ringing a financial broker who gets you life insurance by searchin FOR YOU. Do you think he does that for free or something??? And when my last life insurance broker gave me my first 2 months payments back as a sign up bonus should i have turned around and told him,NO, this smells like a pyramid scheme to me!! Difference between those companies and BB is they profit share! so that they can get bigger and bigger.

As my previous statement said, go get the evidence or at least have a clue what you are posting about before you make claims of this nature.I told you go to www.bannersbroker.com (see how its spelt???) join up through a referral. If you dont buy a package then the only one that benefits is you by getting free ad impressions to send out through,wait for it......BANNERS BROKER!!!

As another poster mentioned,yes we have obviously become more sophisticated in our defence of BB. At least we have answered all questions and spelt out the FACTS as we know and see..... now again i ask all of you.... show me the negatives!

Rinse and repeat.

what discussion?? there is none, you make claims without substantiating them and each time your asked for eveidence you have none. If its your belief then fine but dont say what it is when you havent even looked into it. Discussion?? you couldnt discuss to save your life.

Come back in six months, the negatives, will be evident then, when the johnny come lately's get burned.

• Advertisement

Rinse and repeat.

ask me any question you like dear, i think thats all ive been doing since i tried to help OP,you really make ridiculous statements,what hasnt been answered??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Doughbag

keetzer wrote: »
    "The Banker".....Should have called yourself the "Wan***"
    I bet you couldnt sell fivers for four pounds....idiot !

At least, you know how to make a compelling argument.

Come back in six months, the negatives, will be evident then, when the johnny come lately's get burned.

what a comeback, just sums you up, i will definitely be back in 6 months, 1st september ill post. And we both know what will be said then,come back in another 6 months blah blah. but i will definitely as this company has been doing this since NOV 10,and still you cant find negatives lol. see you in September lol

At least, you know how to make a compelling argument.

and you can?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

The_Banker wrote: »
    One post and you joined in March 2012.... Mmmmm

There was one of those 'investment' evenings held this week in The Vienna Woods Hotel in Cork.

Have you ever heard of a legitimate company gathering people in hotels at night gathering €500 and €600 investments from ordinary people?
    Pyramid/Ponzi scheme. Nothing more.

I've heard of this been mentioned around galway recently, no such thing as easy money, especially these days, total scam imo

• Advertisement

the_juice wrote: »
    what a comeback, just sums you up, i will definitely be back in 6 months, 1st september ill post. And we both know what will be said then,come back in another 6 months blah blah. but i will definitely as this company has been doing this since NOV 10,and still you cant find negatives lol. see you in September lol

Buddy, if you keep getting those returns, in 6 months time you'll have enough money to corner the world energy market or buy a football club or own a solid gold house.

I wish i knew how easy it was to get rich, hand over money, someone hands you back double, lather rinse repeat ad infinitum.

I hope it works out well for you.

Buddy, if you keep getting those returns, in 6 months time you'll have enough money to corner the world energy market or buy a football club or own a solid gold house.

I wish i knew how easy it was to get rich, hand over money, someone hands you back double, lather rinse repeat ad infinitum.

I hope it works out well for you.

honestly jack,go through the whole thread,never once have i predicted what or when i will make any returns,in fact i specifically claimed anyone that does is talking out through their arse.

And yet the sad thing is people are still willing to believe that they can double their money every few weeks buy selling something worthless.

Even worse they are naive/greedy enough to bring in anyone else gullible enough.

Banner ad displays can be purchased for pennies/cents for every few thousand views. Ask boards.ie if they can double their money every few weeks by displaying banner ads.

right,here we go, this really is getting tiring now....

you said that buying property in 2002 etc looked legit at the time which basically meant that you now think it wasnt. Again if you were stupid enough to buy crap houses for over inflated prices to fund property developer's lifestyles then you are just that,real stupid.

again it is banners broker, look up www.bannersbroker.com and at the top right there is a video sequence that gives a better explanation on how it works and how it benefits different types of people.

Now where in the world did you get the fact people are buying adspace THROUGH THEM means they are lending BB money?? Its a bloody BROKER!! Do you still not get it??????? Its like ringing a financial broker who gets you life insurance by searchin FOR YOU. Do you think he does that for free or something??? And when my last life insurance broker gave me my first 2 months payments back as a sign up bonus should i have turned around and told him,NO, this smells like a pyramid scheme to me!! Difference between those companies and BB is they profit share! so that they can get bigger and bigger.

As my previous statement said, go get the evidence or at least have a clue what you are posting about before you make claims of this nature.I told you go to www.bannersbroker.com (see how its spelt???) join up through a referral. If you dont buy a package then the only one that benefits is you by getting free ad impressions to send out through,wait for it......BANNERS BROKER!!!

As another poster mentioned,yes we have obviously become more sophisticated in our defence of BB. At least we have answered all questions and spelt out the FACTS as we know and see..... now again i ask all of you.... show me the negatives!

I tried to point out to you, that the real company was called Banner Brokers and when that went out of business, change its name - some clever Ponzi made up the name Banners Brokers, registered a slightly different domain with godaddy.com .

I also never said anything about getting a mortgage or buying a house was illegal at any stage. But certainly a few people profited immensely and a lot of people have to pay for their greed. Which basically is how a pyramid scheme works.

To your insurance broker, does he have a registered address? Opening hours? A physical presence? Does he sell you insurance from some anonymous insurance crowd?

To your insurance broker, does he have a registered address? Opening hours? A physical presence? Does he sell you insurance from some anonymous insurance crowd?

If it were banners brokers insurance, they would give you back double your annual premium 6 weeks after the policy started :D

Hi lads.

Like all of you i was approached about this last year and thought exactly the same, pyramid,ponzi etc etc. I am a bit of a gambler so put some money in, just some that i could afford to lose as i thought if im in early then ill get something out of it. I didnt tell anyone about it and saw how it went. I was told the way its set up you will not need to bring anyone in and so i made sure i wouldnt ask anyone and would see if it would do as people say. At the time this was set up as a multi level marketing program, as in when you began to make money, you could set up another account and place it under you where again you would have the joining bonus of 2 free cycles. I knew of guys with 50-60 accounts all under each other which was against the rules of the company but for some reason they let pass as it basically wasnt that professional a set up. This all changed in 2012.

They have now registered as an irish limited company, banners broker ireland ltd, and have an office in cork in the Regus in Mahon Point. All aspects of a multi level marketing company have been erased. It is strictly one account per person, its a single tier system, VAT of 23% is paid when depositing money and valid ID has to prove you are over 18 to join. I do get the "im here promoting it" comments that will inevitably come but im just explaining things that i know. I didnt ask anyone to go into this and still i am making money every day.

As for the working of the program, its very easy to set up and use. People do have their accounts managed but i dont,i work on my own every couple of days and its very easy once you know what your doing.The way it works is this:

As one of you said google yahoo and facebook have the ad industry tied up. All they do is buy space in millions of sites for a sum of money and sell them to the highest bidder. Banners broker do exactly the same. They pool money together, buy inventory from 200k sites and sell them to advertisers that want to use them for a period of time. Each time the ad in your panel is viewed then you make something like .005 cents (think thats how much anyway after doing my math). When you make double what you paid for your panel the original deposit is paid back to you in an ewallet which you can withdraw anytime you like and the other half is used to buy another panel of advertisement. The company continues to use the original panel you bought and will continue to make money from that indefinitely. Thats it put simply but it does take a lot of study to work the thing correctly.There are benefits to joining people up, its just like any business where you'd get commission for promoting your business, but instead of cash you get traffic which you can then apply to your panels,no cash whatsoever.

As for my original money, i have tripled it in 5 months and thats because i keep buying more panels and applying traffic to them which is just another aspect of working the thing.

Again i do get the "its a scam" etc comments but this is what i know and have experienced. There are meetings EVERY week in vienna woods and up and down the country at this stage and its just for training so that people can use the program on their own and to give updates on where the company is at.

They have set up their own social network site now which attaches itself to your facebook,twitter etc and have plans to set up a search engine in the next couple years so they will have their own sites,just like google etc, which will then obviously carry ads. Again this is all i know.

As for the OP contact them down in mahon point to get that funding sorted. I do know a few people had problems like that and have had them rectified since.

Oh the reason i posted this is like the earlier poster i try and look up negative things about it every once in a while and see if there is another side and if you do google "banners broker scam" ponzi, pyramid etc there are results, but go into them and theyre not negative from what ive found anyway

Sounds like a whopper return to me

I tried to point out to you, that the real company was called Banner Brokers and when that went out of business, change its name - some clever Ponzi made up the name Banners Brokers, registered a slightly different domain with godaddy.com .

I also never said anything about getting a mortgage or buying a house was illegal at any stage. But certainly a few people profited immensely and a lot of people have to pay for their greed. Which basically is how a pyramid scheme works.

ok so what your saying is this is the second coming of this ponzi scheme,ok whatever.

you said its seemed legit in 2002,read your bloody post!! or at least read your post before posting,again pay 400k for a terraced house=mug

his name is paul o neill,main st,midleton,office there and all lol now before replying please have something that resembles an argument in regard to www.bannersbroker.com as your not really douing a good job thus far ;-)

Sounds like a whopper return to me

it could very well be but again how can you predict traffic coming to any ad? so you could make a return in a day, a week, a year, maybe never as noone might view that ad. thats what im saying,people can go on all they like about how much money they expect to make in a certain time but its bs.

by the way im telling you what i see in my account,not in my hand.

it could very well be but again how can you predict traffic coming to any ad? so you could make a return in a day, a week, a year, maybe never as noone might view that ad. thats what im saying,people can go on all they like about how much money they expect to make in a certain time but its bs.

You buy the traffic from a reputable source, I'm sure boards.ie can give you a rough estimation of their traffic.

You buy the traffic from a reputable source, I'm sure boards.ie can give you a rough estimation of their traffic.

yes of course they can, but its all well and good a site saying we get 10,000 hits a day but on how many pages was your ad on the pages that showed on someones pc? thats the thing, its not how many people view boards its how many people view your ad on boards.

• Advertisement

by the way the ads on this thread are making a packet just by me refreshing the page lol

look ill post here no matter what 1st september with an apology or an update lol

by the way im telling you what i see in my account,not in my hand.

Hang on you claimed you had already tripled your intitial investment (in 5 months), nobody said you made any claim in relation to future returns.

Does the bit in bold not worry you? It seems to me like the comment of somebody who maybe expects some difficulty cashing out their account.

Why dont you cash out now, using your 'e-wallet' or whatever they've called it?

Hang on you claimed you had already tripled your intitial investment (in 5 months), nobody said you made any claim in relation to future returns.

Does the bit in bold not worry you? It seems to me like the comment of somebody who maybe expects some difficulty cashing out their account.

Why dont you cash out now, using your 'e-wallet' or whatever they've called it?

no i dont expect any difficulty whatsoever, i reinvest everything that i make,minus fees and thats how i havent taken anything out. I wont be cashing anything out until summertime as thats just part of a strategy im using. The ewallet thing is just the same as a paypal account or whatever,its there but not in your hand

yes of course they can, but its all well and good a site saying we get 10,000 hits a day but on how many pages was your ad on the pages that showed on someones pc? thats the thing, its not how many people view boards its how many people view your ad on boards.

Most reputable sites can tell you with a fair degree of accuracy how many page views they have per day and how many displays your banner was shown.

no i dont expect any difficulty whatsoever, i reinvest everything that i make,minus fees and thats how i havent taken anything out. I wont be cashing anything out until summertime as thats just part of a strategy im using. The ewallet thing is just the same as a paypal account or whatever,its there but not in your hand

Except paypal is regulated, banners brokers isn't.

Except paypal is regulated, banners brokers isn't.

banners broker ireland ltd, its on the company registration office website, everyday you can see your panels going up bit by it or not at all, thats the way i see my adspace is viewed, although if you have your own business, give bb a banner and send it out virally then you can get a report on how many impressions were used and how many clicks per impression (CTR)

banners broker ireland ltd, its on the company registration office website, everyday you can see your panels going up bit by it or not at all, thats the way i see my adspace is viewed, although if you have your own business, give bb a banner and send it out virally then you can get a report on how many impressions were used and how many clicks per impression (CTR)

Having a CRO registration does not mean you are regulated by any financial regulator. Paypal IS regulated by a financial regulator.

A CRO registration means nothing to your ewallet other than if the company goes bankrupt, you become an unsecured creditor.

ok so what your saying is this is the second coming of this ponzi scheme,ok whatever.
    you said its seemed legit in 2002,read your bloody post!! or at least read your post before posting,again pay 400k for a terraced house=mug
    his name is paul o neill,main st,midleton,office there and all lol now before replying please have something that resembles an argument in regard to www.bannersbroker.com as your not really douing a good job thus far ;-)

I never said anything about anything being legit in 2002.
    I asked you, if your saying Bannersbrokers is legit and Ponzi-Schemes are legit. Nothing whatsoever about the housing. I only pointed out that even if something is legal, does not mean it’s not a Pyramid Scheme.
    However, just to remind you, I quoted myself.
    And what exactly do I do with those 1000 FREE impressions? Meaning I get something free, that somebody else pays for and can turn that into REAL money?
    This all might be legit and stuff, but that magic money printing machine hasn't been invented yet. They may have needed investors in the beginning, but after 18months paying that much out, any decent business person would not give that money away anymore to new clowns giving him €25.
    Read up on how this works: http://education.wallstreetsurvivor.com/ponzi-scheme
    Your saying it is legit? Maybe, but so was getting a morguage in 2002 for a house you bought for €150.000 and sold one year later for €300.000, after 3 years €450.000 and in 2006 for €600.000..... then comes along 2008 and the House does not sell and in 2012 that house is worth €85.000...... Sure, a lot of people got rich, till they lost it all again. Just look into any newspaper here in Ireland and you wil find out who has to pay for this.

Also, I pointed out that Banners Brokers is a scam on the real previously existing Banner Brokers - however now defunct company.
    And do to the fact, that you do not have to invite other people, it is in the grey area of being legal. However, not sure how the national consumer agency thinks about this.
    This is a very elaborate Ponzi Scheme, but it is a Ponzi Scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

keetzer wrote: »
    "The Banker".....Should have called yourself the "Wan***"
    I bet you couldnt sell fivers for four pounds....idiot !

Stay classy :rolleyes:

Anyway, hopefully the following three sentences show up in search engines

Banner Brokers = Scam
    Banners Broker = Scam
    Banners Brokers = Scam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement