Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel Allowance

• 26-09-2009 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

I applied for the Fuel Allowance Supplement about 6 weeks ago, haven't had any communication from my local welfare office since to inform me whether my appplication has been denied or accepted.

Just wondering if any of you applied for this lately and if so have you started receiving the payment yet as I gather it is paid from the end of September.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

They may be behind with it since they've been late with the back to school allowance and JSB/JSA claims are taking months in some cases to be paid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Also I don't think Fuel is being paid until next week or so - it may just appear as extra in your payment. Call into your local office to check for sure, or try ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 linx

Fuel allowance is paid out from this week i got mine thursday , if you only applied lately you will get it backdated to the end of september as long as the got your application on time i think mine was 2 weeks late last year it usually comes with your allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

AFAIK it isn't being paid out until october.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

Fuel allowance was paid out from LAST week, as linx stated- i got mine on wednesday.. It is now paid for an extra 2 weeks as well. As Xiney said they may just be behind with it, but if you qualify you will get it, just a case of when im afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

never got mine. may have something to do with changing over to BTEA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 crocko

I am in the process of applying for fuel allowance at the moment and was wondering do
    they look into your bank account as you must inform them of your account no. etc?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

SW don't have access to your bank accounts and can only request certain information from you bank if you authorise them to do so. I have never heard of SW going to a bank (not to say that they don't mind) they will usually ask for bank statements instead, much less hassle for them!!

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    SW don't have access to your bank accounts and can only request certain information from you bank if you authorise them to do so. I have never heard of SW going to a bank (not to say that they don't mind) they will usually ask for bank statements instead, much less hassle for them!!

Thanks for the info was worried as on the fuel allowance form they ask for
    bank account no.
    bank sort code
    bank IBAN
    bank BIC

lot of info why????? as they dont make payments into bank accounts anymore!!!!

• Yes they do. My Fuel Allowance is paid into my bank account.

• Advertisement

Yes they do. My Fuel Allowance is paid into my bank account.

Thanks for the info it has eased my mind.....thought they would be snooping
    about checking to see how much money i have;) I asked for my SW payments
    to be logged into my account when i became unemployed and they
    told me they do not do this anymore.

Guess it just for payments like this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

crocko wrote: »
    I asked for my SW payments
    to be logged into my account when i became unemployed and they
    told me they do not do this anymore.
    I think it's discretionary whether they pay JB/JA into yir' Bank A/c.
    I chanced my arm after 7-months this year of ringing local head-office & the kind woman just asked my details (A/c No. & Sort Code) & cleared it there & then.
    No deciding officer or forms involved.
    Like i say it could be discretionary.
    There was alleged widespread fraud with Welfare Tourism occuring with people flying back in one-time a month to sign on.
    When the payments were stopped going electronically the edict ondly applied to new applicants POST August 2008.
    Why they didn't backdate it retrospectively if the alleged abuse was so widespread is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'm on JSB, where do I send my application for the fuel allowance. It's unclear to me whether it goes to Longford or Sligo.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 linx

I dont think you can get fuel allowance on jsb i know we couldnt when my partner was on it. Unless it has changed

I'm on JSB, where do I send my application for the fuel allowance. It's unclear to me whether it goes to Longford or Sligo.

Thanks!

The completed application form goes to Sligo

NFS Section
    Social Welfare Services
    College Road
    Sligo

but you must be claiming social welfare for 15 months they informed me today. The only thing you can claim for is SMOG allowance if you live in these areas

• Arklow
    • Bray
    • Celbridge
    • Cork
    • Drogheda
    • Dublin
    • Dundalk
    • Galway City
    • Kilkenny
    • Leixlip
    • Limerick
    • Naas