Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭3d4life

smurfjed wrote: »
    In other news, today is my builders last day in my house, not sure if he knows this yet, but he had promised to be done by tonight, painters finished yesterday so that was the last high cost task, now considering the outstanding snag list there is no way he is going to finish his tasks in one day, but 53 weeks is ENOUGH.

So come Saturday the locks will be changed and Tuesday a new alarm system, unfortunately I’m still stuck with that RED/WHITE American style diner kitchen, but its worth it to get rid of this idiot.

Well done ! :)

Standing joke in yachting circles that the two happiest days of your life are (a) when to get your yacht (b) when to manage to dispose of your yacht.

I'm sure that the inspiration for this comes from peoples experience with builders.

The last time I had an Irish builder that did his work on time and to budget was 1967 :eek:

Grumble
    Grumble
    Grumble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Work PC has $hit the bed. So can't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,023 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Packing up my hotel room, heading to my home city for days off, hopefully about 9-10 days before I return.

It’s time for me to interrupt the mutts busy schedule :)

3d4life wrote: »
    Well done ! :)

Standing joke in yachting circles that the two happiest days of your life are (a) when to get your yacht (b) when to manage to dispose of your yacht.

There is another one, if it flies, floats or f...s, rent don’t buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Another wet, dull day here. The grass makes the house look deserted flying up in the rain and too wet to cut. I'll have great fun trying to cut that.

Time for coffee and figuring out what to do for the weekend. Bubbly I don't envy you camping in that weather!

• Advertisement

.....Bubbly I don't envy you camping in that weather!

Too Right !

Thats the stuff of teenagers.

( Teenagers dont get to work in pest control )

Another wet, dull day here. The grass makes the house look deserted flying up in the rain and too wet to cut. I'll have great fun trying to cut that.

Time for coffee and figuring out what to do for the weekend. Bubbly I don't envy you camping in that weather!

Solid excuse to hit the hooch and start the bank holiday early Leggy :D

Deskside. Work PC has $hit the bed. So can't do anything.

I'm thinking this is one of the less talked of issues with WFH

A few weeks ago I had to phone utility provider. Quick call pickup with a Cork voice at the other end. Explained what I was after. His PC down & WFH. Suggested I redial, with luck would be routed to someone else who had a functioning PC. COB time was minutes away so didnt, had a nice chat with him instead :)

Between that and the army that Apple have had WFH for years I imagine the roads of Co. Cork to be swarming with young IT support types with a tangle of keyboards, power cables and clapped out HDD in their car boots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Solid excuse to hit the hooch and start the bank holiday early Leggy :D

It's a long time since I got properly buckled, wonder if I should invest some time in it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m baaaaaack!

Currently sitting in the sitting room that’s a building site, though it makes a welcome change from myself and mam and two big armchairs crammed into the kitchen :D we’ve had to have some major building work done on the house and my god it’s been tough to live in :eek:

Hope all the Wherers are keeping well :)

• Advertisement

Bubbly I don't envy you camping in that weather!

I actually give up!
    Wind broke my tent up last night, I have hands full of tiny black splinters from tent poles..... Ended up 'sleeping ' on the floor of friends caravan!
    Knackered.
    Funny though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’m baaaaaack!

Currently sitting in the sitting room that’s a building site, though it makes a welcome change from myself and mam and two big armchairs crammed into the kitchen :D we’ve had to have some major building work done on the house and my god it’s been tough to live in :eek:

Hope all the Wherers are keeping well :)

Lovely to see you have returned. I feel your pain with building works but it will be worth it.

So glad I had managed to move back in when builders had finished before the lockdown.

Welcome back Kitty, we missed you big time 😀

Is there anyone here who has had a positive experience with builders ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

kowloon wrote:
    It's a long time since I got properly buckled, wonder if I should invest some time in it this weekend.

Sure do! I'll join ye later on for some inebriated musings.

Will be burning rubber in around a half hour then off for nearly two weeks. Get the fook in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Welcome back Kitty, we missed you big time ��

Yes. I couldn't fault my builder. He wasn't cheap but was as good as his word all the way.

It was a complete renovation and extension. Weather was awful throughout but he kept within time line. Used a lot of eastern European workers, all of whom were so helpful and polite.

Site left clean and tidy and ready for landscaping, which was delayed due to Covid.

Will certainly employ him again in the future.

Waiting on my boarding pass then I shall head to the terminal building, have a massive craving for Butlers chocolate and the airport is the only place in this city with a Butler’s coffee shop. Hope it’s open 😀

Yippee, got 10 bars of chocolate

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

It's a long weekend here in the US of Canada. I'm heading out camping to my buddy's hunting shack. Won't be doing any hunting, just drinking beers by the fire and shooting the empties with a BB gun. Fun times.

wildwillow wrote: »
    Lovely to see you have returned. I feel your pain with building works but it will be worth it.

So glad I had managed to move back in when builders had finished before the lockdown.

Oh it definitely will be, though it had to be done too. We had dry rot and the builder said with the timbers he took out of the house he didn’t know how the house stayed standing :eek: been a long process but getting there slowly but surely :)
    Welcome back Kitty, we missed you big time 😀

I actually couldn’t fault our builder either, he’s been excellent. Knew we were doing it on a shoestring as it was work we hadn’t foreseen this coming up and has been trying to keep prices as low as possible and has been flat out doing very good work every day, it’s been the lads he’s contracted out to who’ve let us down. Helps as well that he’s been good craic since he’s been here day in and day out for the best part of a month now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have abandoned all hope of cutting the grass today after the amount of rain that fell this morning .

Think I'll treat myself to a takeaway sandwich and salad from my favourite coffee shop :)

Have a lovely weekend all you nice , genuine posters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just looking at Sky News. Today is Britain's hottest day this year.
    37oC at Heathrow.
    Meanwhile in Ireland...

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

3d4life wrote: »
    I'm thinking this is one of the less talked of issues with WFH

A few weeks ago I had to phone utility provider. Quick call pickup with a Cork voice at the other end. Explained what I was after. His PC down & WFH. Suggested I redial, with luck would be routed to someone else who had a functioning PC. COB time was minutes away so didnt, had a nice chat with him instead :)

Between that and the army that Apple have had WFH for years I imagine the roads of Co. Cork to be swarming with young IT support types with a tangle of keyboards, power cables and clapped out HDD in their car boots :D

I have been working from home for 2 years now as my team is in the US so there's no one in our offices here.. our remote support is good.. even with them working from home, so not too much work dodging once they actually contact :rolleyes:
    kowloon wrote: »

You should consider investing proper time in this Kowloon, don't be afaird to truly commit... dig into them cans / bottles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Welcome back kitty :D

Im Deskside

Gymside getting my sweat on :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, bate after the day, was the park with two of favorite people, my favorite little biyeen had me run ragged in the playground, he wanted to go on everything! "wets go on twis wone uncle" jaysis you can't take your eyes off them :eek: ! great way to spend a day though ! my niece is four months old now and smiling mad !

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I've had the most lovely day.

I woke at half 9, got up at half 10 and had a leisurely breakfast and a snickers. Lounged around and made lunch, downloaded a new audiobook and watched a documentary, had a nap. The only useful thing I've done is put on a wash and hang it up. I've been so tired lately because I've been doing so much and not feeling the best so I really needed this. I have enough food in the apartment and no need to go out until tomorrow! I may have also fapped a few times :D

I hope ye are all well my lovelies.

I'm including a photo of how I managed to make my fairy lights look like barbed wire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Just looking at Sky News. Today is Britain's hottest day this year.
    37oC at Heathrow.
    Meanwhile in Ireland...

As predicted...🌞

521682.jpeg

Still deskside but roadside in a few minutes. Just a little 🚲 ride of 12 km in slow mo to avoid a heat stroke.😜

Cold noodle salad already prepared and bread baked. Outside time till now...10 seconds.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Have abandoned all hope of cutting the grass today after the amount of rain that fell this morning .

Think I'll treat myself to a takeaway sandwich and salad from my favourite coffee shop :)

Have a lovely weekend all you nice , genuine posters :)

The jaysus rain Mam. Thankfully I got the grass done before the monsoon season. Do tell about this coffee shop. Do I know it?
    I have been working from home for 2 years now as my team is in the US so there's no one in our offices here.. our remote support is good.. even with them working from home, so not too much work dodging once they actually contact :rolleyes:

You should consider investing proper time in this Kowloon, don't be afaird to truly commit... dig into them cans / bottles :D

For years I've done the editing side of things from home and had to provide my own support. I was always relieved when I had to work in a dedicated post production facility. If the **** hit the fan, you just sit there getting paid, no blame, while someone else fixed the sh1t.:D But I actually prefer to be on the road shooting with a mix of working from the home tech desk.

Anyway, it's Friday night on a bank holiday weekend, so I'm off out to the pub for a session and a takeaway after that.....oh wait.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod , Cafe Latte , either in the Dunamaise or Lyster Square . Classic Club Sandwich with side salad . Tbh , the girls in Lyster Square know me well so the side salad is always huge !

Hope you get to enjoy a few beers tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Grandeeod , Cafe Latte , either in the Dunamaise or Lyster Square . Classic Club Sandwich with side salad . Tbh , the girls in Lyster Square know me well so the side salad is always huge !

Hope you get to enjoy a few beers tonight :)

Gotcha Mam.;) The Dunamaise version is a spot I've been to loads of times. A great place. I've had the Club as well. Massive. Mrs G does the Tuna melt. A decent oul town to eat in all the same!

• Advertisement

In my own bed, wife one side and mutt on the other in his bed. Good night all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement