Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mi Mix 3 5G - 239GBP - Parcel Motel

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi all sorry for jumping onboard this post. I'd just like to give my opinion on the xiaomi mi mix 3 5G. I bought two handsets last December for €280 each, from eglobal have to say I'm very happy them no trouble at all with them. The only problem i can see is Xiaomi don't seem to be updated it to Android 10, and have no plans two, which is a bit of a shame, if anyone else has any updates it would be great to here.

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Hi all sorry for jumping onboard this post. I'd just like to give my opinion on the xiaomi mi mix 3 5G. I bought two handsets last December for €280 each, from eglobal have to say I'm very happy them no trouble at all with them. The only problem i can see is Xiaomi don't seem to be updated it to Android 10, and have no plans two, which is a bit of a shame, if anyone else has any updates it would be great to here.

Tks

Got myself one around the same time, have you been able to connect it to 5G?
    And which network are you using? I'm on Vodafone and 5G options just isn't available for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

I'm with Eir, but not on a 5G plan. I just got the phone to future proof myself because i
    usually change my handset every 3 to 4 years and the phone specs are very good.
    There is an online petition about the update,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Can anyone explain how they got through the buying process.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

Ush1 wrote: »
    5G gives you Corona.

LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

koutoubia wrote: »
    Thanks op.
    Ordered 2 Redmi 8's. One for myself and one for my son.
    Dont need them yet but my sons Redmi7 has a badly cracked screen and was probably cheaper to buy a new one and keep the cracked as a spare.

So this has turned into a bit of a disaster.
    My sons one is fine. My one ...well..turned it on and after a quick charge the screen became unresponsive and then got bricked.
    Online support couldnt do anything so sent out a courier to take it back. Courier never came and had to be re-requested to be collected.
    Heard nothing for weeks and eventually chased it up only to be told that they were waiting on a part.....then told that the part that was needed was no longer being made and a refund was offered.
    I asked could I get a replacement phone but was told that that was another dept.
    GAH!!!

Where did you get them from?

From Xiaoni themselves.

Xaoimi UK?

• Advertisement

Yeah.From the link in the first page!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thanks, just ordered one. Have the last version Mi Mix 3 and it's the best phone I've ever had! Battery life is fantastic.

Do you mind telling me how you got through the process, did you put in the parcel motel northern Ireland address as your address,? What telephone number did you input ? Did you use credit card? I am asking because I put in the parcel motel address in the North ,I don't think it would accept the parcel motel telephone number, It would not accept the payment. I called them and they say because the delivery address is not corresponding with my credit card it can't go through. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

horse7 wrote: »
    Do you mind telling me how you got through the process, did you put in the parcel motel northern Ireland address as your address,? What telephone number did you input ? Did you use credit card? I am asking because I put in the parcel motel address in the North ,I don't think it would accept the parcel motel telephone number, It would not accept the payment. I called them and they say because the delivery address is not corresponding with my credit card it can't go through. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

I used my pal's address in Newry to ship it to and my mobile number. Said my shipping and billing address were the same, even though they're not. I paid through Paypal.

The mi UK doesn't take PayPal, are you sure it wasn't mishop UK?

horse7 wrote: »
    The mi UK doesn't take PayPal, are you sure it wasn't mishop UK?

Yes! Ordered through this link.

Spotted on HUKD that Laptops Direct have them for £269, delivery £15 to Ireland, not as cheap as original post but cheaper than other sources.

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/xiao...ource=webgains

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

somedood wrote:
    Got myself one around the same time, have you been able to connect it to 5G? And which network are you using? I'm on Vodafone and 5G options just isn't available for some reason.

I've just got this phone myself, and with Vodafone. Think there's a 5G network in and around Grand Canal Dock but I haven't been in there since lockdown to test it.

Yes! Ordered through this link.

Spotted on HUKD that Laptops Direct have them for £269, delivery £15 to Ireland, not as cheap as original post but cheaper than other sources.

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/xiao...ource=webgains

Had the phone delivered to a friends house in Newry and only got up there yesterday to collect it. I currently use the Mi Max 3 which I love and bough this one on the spur of the moment and didn't really do my homework! :o

It's much smaller than I expected it to be and quite heavy. I haven't put in my sim card as I don't think I'm going to keep it, just been fiddling around with the apps via wifi.

Anyone interested in taking this off my hands before I put it up on Adverts? It's only been used for one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Security update just released for this. Brings it up to July 2020

• Advertisement
Advertisement