Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Heard admits to beating up Johnny Depp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm not bothered to look at the link, but I remember reading that this was suspected at the time. It will be interesting to see how this is handled in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Amber heard can abuse me any time she wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Thats as depressed as I've seen him. Should have stuck with the wife...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

We have headbanger feminists running for Public Office trying to convince women that only they suffer from the "Epidemic of Domestic Violence" in the same week we have seen three kids *murdered in Dublin and a man murdered in Wexford by women....

I doubt the Amber Heard story will make much difference.

It is time to stop funding to organisations that are consistently guilty of misrepresenting statistics to the detriment of equality.

Mod note: *Allegedly

Be careful here, folks, there has not been a trial yet never mind a conviction. The person in question remains innocent unless/until a trial convicts them!

Buford T. Justice

I always suspected she was the real instigator in their relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’d say there was a pair of them in it. Pair of drunks, both flaking one another out of it on the regular, both now trying to blame each other to try and salvage some kind of career for themselves. There is something particularly nasty and vindictive about her though. At least he doesn’t try to hide his demons. She tries to come across all holier than thou when she has previous form for domestic violence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I’d say there was a pair of them in it. Pair of drunks, both flaking one another out of it on the regular, both now trying to blame each other to try and salvage some kind of career for themselves. There is something particularly nasty and vindictive about her though. At least he doesn’t try to hide his demons. She tries to come across all holier than thou.

Well put. A nasty business all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

We have headbanger feminists running for Public Office trying to convince women that only they suffer from the "Epidemic of Domestic Violence" in the same week we have seen three kids *murdered in Dublin and a man murdered in Wexford by women....

It is time to stop funding to organisations that are consistently guilty of misrepresenting statistics to the detriment of equality.

*Allegedly

Bingo This farce has to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭misterme123

I am quite disgusting at her. She tried to become this poster child for domestic abuse.

Here is a tape that was consensually recorded in a therapy session apparently. She comes off as a manipulator.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7947733/Amber-Heard-admits-hitting-ex-husband-Johnny-Depp-pelting-pots-pans-tape.html

Whatever happened between them she wasn't the innocent victim she tried to pretend to be.

She has let down a lot of people.

She is such a terrible actress though. I don't know how anyone could have found her believable in the first place. That includes Johnny Depp/Elon Musk and co. What did they see in her?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

nice....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

And this is why men feel compelled to say nothing when impacted by domestic abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm still gonna fap to her though.

In all seriousness though, false claims of domestic abuse are disgusting, nothing but a big "f*ck you" to genuine victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Hard to feel sorry for him after the Pirates films.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

We have headbanger feminists running for Public Office trying to convince women that only they suffer from the "Epidemic of Domestic Violence" in the same week we have seen three kids allegedlymurdered in Dublin and a man murdered in Wexford by women....

This is a disgusting dishonorable attempt to twist the reality of the world we live in. You are as bad as Amber Heard herself. You will be ignored though.

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'm still gonna fap to her though.

In all seriousness though, false claims of domestic abuse are disgusting, nothing but a big "f*ck you" to genuine victims.
    Exactly. Now people will use this to blame real victims.

She will get away with it because she is famous. But in the real world if a woman was to falsely claim this she would be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Hard to feel sorry for him after the Pirates films.

Um. What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Webstarx

Bingo This farce has to end.

Please don't say Bingo to make a point

Webstarx wrote: »
    Please don't say Bingo to make a point
    Yeah ..say BAZUNGA!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

We have headbanger feminists running for Public Office trying to convince women that only they suffer from the "Epidemic of Domestic Violence" in the same week we have seen three kids allegedly murdered in Dublin and a man murdered in Wexford by women....

You simply cannot conflate persistent chronic lower level domestic abuse by either partner with a single, horrific and thankfully rare incident of infanticide by a woman obviously suffering mental health issues beyond the comprehension of the average person.

We have headbanger feminists running for Public Office trying to convince women that only they suffer from the "Epidemic of Domestic Violence" in the same week we have seen three kids allegedly murdered in Dublin and a man murdered in Wexford by women....

BTW between 2003 and 2016 there was 1 reported case of infanticide in Ireland.
    https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-rc/recordedcrimeq42017/homicidestatisticsrevisions/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

What a psycho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 KimWexler

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You simply cannot conflate persistent chronic lower level domestic abuse by either partner with a single, horrific and thankfully rare incident of infanticide by a woman obviously suffering mental health issues beyond the comprehension of the average person.

Watch it play out, either her mental stability or her sex will bail her out. Whichever her PR team sees fit.

KimWexler wrote: »
    Watch it play out, either her mental stability or her sex will bail her out. Whichever her PR team sees fit.
    Her PR team will bail her out. Her lawyers will bail her out.

You said it yourself.

A woman got a prison sentence for shooting a gun into the air in the states a couple of years ago when her husband threatened her.

This is a disgusting dishonorable attempt to twist the reality of the world we live in. You are as bad as Amber Heard herself. You will be ignored though.

Bit of an hyterical reaction there, Amber Heard is bisexual, bisexual women and lesbian women record domestic abuse prevalence at a much much higher rate than other relationships, this completely conflicts with what the National Women's Council maintain, and several politicians that are running for office.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.01506/full

Mentioning the two tragic cases is not in good taste, I admit, but nonetheless it does expose the b##**** narrative that no media outlet is willing to do.

Amber Heard has been previously arrested for hitting her girlfriend, she has been accused of abusing her boyfriend and yet she is a UN Ambassador for Human Rights...because, it seems, there are no consequences for women when they abuse their partners.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

BTW between 2003 and 2016 there was 1 reported case of infanticide in Ireland.
    https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-rc/recordedcrimeq42017/homicidestatisticsrevisions/

If you ignore the hundreds of bodies they dug up in Galway, yeah.

Larbre34 wrote: »

You are right, you shouldn't, but it happens all the time...for whatever reason, Domestic Violence has been completely misrepresented to us to the point now where there is almost like a twisted point scoring dynamic going on...it is the victims, particularly male victims that will continue to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It was obvious from the get-go she was the instigator of the physical abuse. In the audio when he says that he pushed her back and away and only gets physical to defend himself, she doesn't dispute this and in fact mocks him for being admirable. End of the day we can see from his injuries that she has drawn blood. One witness even saying that when he went to their place he say Deep was covered in blood. That she went and became an ambassador for women's rights for the American Civil Liberties Union shows how bloody manipulative she is. A danger to men and rabbits too no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's not uncommon for victims of domestic abuse to fight back and be demonized for it. Its also not uncommon for a relationship to be mutually abusive, which I think was the case here. Some women are abusive arseholes. Some men are abusive arseholes. When they get together it's a **** show. They're both as bad as each other and it shouldn't be used as some sort of gotcha card against a whole group of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭golfball37

Let’s hope Aodhan is along soon to say #ibelieveher

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's not uncommon for victims of domestic abuse to fight back and be demonized for it. Its also not uncommon for a relationship to be mutually abusive, which I think was the case here. Some women are abusive arseholes. Some men are abusive arseholes. When they get together it's a **** show. They're both as bad as each other and it shouldn't be used as some sort of gotcha card against a whole group of people.

True... but it should be used to highlight the double standard that exists in society about domestic abuse. Not to target females, or dismiss the problems they face, but to recognise that abuse is not gender specific which has been promoted in the past.

We really need to be moving away from this idea that women are the only possible victims with domestic abuse, and encouraging a platform for males to come forward, report their problems, and gain protection from their spouses. Both social and legal protections. Just as women have received over the last three decades.

Advertisement