Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

I finally received a correct Statement of Liability on Friday.

The first SoL arrived in February but didn't consider the health expenses, the primary reason of me requesting a SoL. It took several rounds of MyEnquiry messages and responses to get it sorted. Didn't bother calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GocRh

Ktryan4444 wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if anyone is still waiting on their statement of liability since January

Same here. Submitted on the 30th.
    FED claim holding it back. After many enquiries I was informed that there's a system problem, and that a workaround was found to manually enter my FED relief. That was 20 days ago, still waiting for the SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Hoping someone can help, iv been mailing "My enquiries" and have gotten the same reply 5 times but still not my question answered.

Basically I owe Revenue and agreed to pay it back monthy from Jan 2020.

I applied for my SOL in Jan 2020 but due to it not requested properly from their side ( 5 phone calls later) I eventually got it in May which had an overpayment and was offset against what I owed.

Revenue are now telling me what I owe is Overpayment on 2020 minus what was owed from previous years, but doesnt look like they are taking into consideration what I was meant to be paying back on my last 4 payslips from Jan 2020. they basically just copy and paste the same reply and its hard when I cannot call them

an example to put into numbers (actual numbers are bigger or I wouldn't be complaining):

I owe €120 ( agreed to pay back 10 Per month for 12 months fro Jan 2020) - I cannot tell, but I presumed this was coming out in Jan,Feb,Mar,April payslips as I was advised it would.

2019 SOL - €50

My understanding
    €120
    -€50
    =€70
    (already paid €40 (€10 per month))

overall €30 owed

but revenue have advised amount owing is €70... €120 - €50

No matter what way I ask my question if i made 4 payments towards what i owe in 2020 is not answered.

I don't mind if it hasnt been paid each month I just want someone to say no or yes.

Could it be when I initially requested it in January that repayments stop until SOL is issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Was the €120 in your example an amount underpaid in 2018 (or earlier)? If it was, what I think happens is that the €50 refund for 2019 is taken away from that and you then have €70 to pay back over 2020 at €6 per month. Check your most recent tax credit cert, it should show how much your credits are being reduced to pay what you owe.

Ciaran wrote: »
    Was the €120 in your example an amount underpaid in 2018 (or earlier)? If it was, what I think happens is that the €50 refund for 2019 is taken away from that and you then have €70 to pay back over 2020 at €6 per month. Check your most recent tax credit cert, it should show how much your credits are being reduced to pay what you owe.

Thanks Ciaran, yes this would be correct, they have advised an amended amount to pay back but it is still at the "€70" remaining, but I would have thought I paid 4 months at the original amount before my SOL was processed in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Your tax is calculated on a cumulative basis looking back to the start of the year with the credits you have now so I don't think it's really possible to split the months up like that. It should all work itself out by the end of the year anyway.

Ciaran wrote: »
    Your tax is calculated on a cumulative basis looking back to the start of the year with the credits you have now so I don't think it's really possible to split the months up like that. It should all work itself out by the end of the year anyway.

Got paid yesterday and it was more than it usually is (strangely enough it is only a couple of euro off what 4 months of the originally agreed repayments are) :confused::confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

Ktryan4444 wrote: »
    Thanks, fingers crossed won't be too much longer

Since around February, the SOL is shown as available in my documents, but once I click on View, I get a message saying that my recent request is being processed and that my SOL will be available shortly.

I have waited patiently until now and not contacted them, to allow for delays due to the new system in place and then due to COVID-19. But I finally sent in an enquiry last evening, asking for an update. Got a reply this morning that an SOL has been initiated for 2019 and will issue in the next 5 to 7 days. So, fingers crossed.

I submitted my return in January and got the same message as other posters when clicking to view the 'statement of liability' saying an error occurred. Logged a ticket via 'my enquiries' with in mid March and have followed up each week only to be told each time it is a technical issue and will be fixed soon. I'm really losing patience now as I am due a refund which is needed. In my last message last Wednesday I asked for the contact to escalate the matter but have not received a reply. Up to this point the contact 'Marie' replied within a day or so each time so I think I am just being ignored now.

Any advice on how I can escalate please?

zepman wrote: »
    Since around February, the SOL is shown as available in my documents, but once I click on View, I get a message saying that my recent request is being processed and that my SOL will be available shortly.

I have waited patiently until now and not contacted them, to allow for delays due to the new system in place and then due to COVID-19. But I finally sent in an enquiry last evening, asking for an update. Got a reply this morning that an SOL has been initiated for 2019 and will issue in the next 5 to 7 days. So, fingers crossed.

Been 10 business days now, still nothing. :(

Might wait until the end of this week and contact them again. But going by the previous poster's experience, it's unlikely to be of any use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

zepman wrote: »
    Might wait until the end of this week and contact them again. But going by the previous poster's experience, it's unlikely to be of any use.

How are you contacting them? Are they taking phone calls?

How are you contacting them? Are they taking phone calls?

No, it was through "My Enquiries". I haven't even tried calling (last I checked, the revenue website still said that their phone lines are closed).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 b0mbell

Hi All
    has anyone got it solved ?

mine still not available since Feb
    They saying it has been reissued and should be ready shortly. Ongoing situation since middle of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

b0mbell wrote: »
    Hi All

They saying it has been reissued and should be ready shortly. Ongoing situation since middle of March.

Is there anything odd you are claiming or declaring?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

b0mbell wrote: »
    Hi All

Send them weekly follow ups through Myenquiries. That worked for me in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Query

PAYE income for income tax purposes

Is ALL your gross income eligible for tax?

I was comparing two P60s...one had all gross income for income tax and another had almost all gross income for income tax...

Is this because of some allowance, and if so, what allowance could it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GocRh

tfeldi wrote: »
    Send them weekly follow ups through Myenquiries. That worked for me in the end

Informing Revenue that I'd report the delays to the ombudsman worked for me. It took me over 3 months to get a SOL.

Yes i do.
    looks like no point to contact them monthly, will have to do it weekly.

Thanks All!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I got my 2019 SOL earlier in the week which showed an overpayment of lets say 900.

My 2018 SOL was an underpayment of lets say 1000 which I have been paying off from reduced tax credits in 2020 so 6 months in so far.

The 2019 SOL says it will be offset against the 2018 under payment and no refund is due.

Am I wrong in thinking there should be a small refund due as I would have paid almost half of the 2018 underpayment off at this stage due to the reduced tax credits.

These are made up figures btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

if your 2018 underpayment is being covered by reduction in 2020 tax credits, you should be entitled to full refund for 2019.

send in a my enquiries to revenue and explain the situation. if they want to recover the tax via reduction in credits, thats fine but you are then entitled to your 2019 refund.
    same if they want to allocate your 2019 refund against 2018 underpayment, then your 2020 credits should be restored to normal.

possibly, 2 different people came across this case, and both dealt with it in a different way.

• Advertisement

got another answer from rev today

''the technical issue is causing the problem and until it is fixed your refund won't issue, IT team are working on it''

so it means God know when i get my refund... so frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

if your 2018 underpayment is being covered by reduction in 2020 tax credits, you should be entitled to full refund for 2019.

send in a my enquiries to revenue and explain the situation. if they want to recover the tax via reduction in credits, thats fine but you are then entitled to your 2019 refund.
    same if they want to allocate your 2019 refund against 2018 underpayment, then your 2020 credits should be restored to normal.

possibly, 2 different people came across this case, and both dealt with it in a different way.

Thanks! I’ve sent them a message through the my enquiries tab so hopefully it will be cleared up.

Another answer from Rev today:
    ''They still Having issues and backlogs are long it could take couple of weeks to resolve''

it's absolutely mad.
    who the hell is their IT if they cannot solve problem since January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Submit my tax return for 2019 in September.

Still no sign of the SOL.

I have sent an enquiry as to the delay with no reply thus far.

Are others experiencing similar delays?

Hope the delay is not for any specific reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

JTMan wrote: »
    Submit my tax return for 2019 in September.

Still no sign of the SOL.

I have sent an enquiry as to the delay with no reply thus far.

Are others experiencing similar delays?

Hope the delay is not for any specific reason!

That seems extremely long. MyEnquiries are usually very good to reply within a few days. When did you send that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Stratvs wrote: »
    That seems extremely long. MyEnquiries are usually very good to reply within a few days. When did you send that ?

I sent an enquiry last Tuesday, I will phone next week if I have still heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I did mine in paper form. Dropped it in by hand to Upr. Mount Street and got it back within a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

When are the 2020 SOLs due?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

padraig.od wrote: »
    When are the 2020 SOLs due?

I requested mine 2 days ago. Pending, will let you know when it's ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Waiting for mine as well..wonder when they start processing them

Advertisement