Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

schoolbooks

• 13-07-2020 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭

i did up my basket in schoolbooks, easons and bookhaven.

i did a little better (about 10 euro cheaper) on a basket of approx 200 euro (before discount codes applied) using bookhaven and the code SCHOOL20 than with either easons or schoolbooks. Easons were out of stock on one item too.

Delivery was 4.50 - but im next door to a shop so saved that too.

https://www.bookhaven.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

My sons school is not listed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

just means you have to search for the books by subject?

i think the school can organise that, and they get a sweetner to put the code in the years booklist. but if there isn't a bookhaven close to school they may not bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

just means you have to search for the books by subject?

i think the school can organise that, and they get a sweetner to put the code in the years booklist. but if there isn't a bookhaven close to school they may not bother.
    Knocklyon is right beside me. I'll compare their prices to the school book shop in Rathfarnham sc to see if they are cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Have a look at Reads, shop in Stillorgan.
    Last year they did school books at cost price when you spent an amount (can't remember exact) but it was either €10 or €20.
    Not sure if they are doing it this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Treppen

our students can choose to arrive into school with all books ready and waiting to go to their lockers. They pay same cost but the school gets a nice kickback as they buy from one bookstore and claim some of the bulk discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Treppen wrote: »
    our students can choose to arrive into school with all books ready and waiting to go to their lockers. They pay same cost but the school gets a nice kickback as they buy from one bookstore and claim some of the bulk discount.

Why not share the nice kickback with your lovely students? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Treppen

Why not share the nice kickback with your lovely students? :D

The school could, but then the students would have no toilet paper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

i did up my basket in schoolbooks, easons and bookhaven.

i did a little better (about 10 euro cheaper) on a basket of approx 200 euro (before discount codes applied) using bookhaven and the code SCHOOL20 than with either easons or schoolbooks. Easons were out of stock on one item too.

Delivery was 4.50 - but im next door to a shop so saved that too.

https://www.bookhaven.ie/
    Wish I read this an hour ago.

Order from easons. Missing 1 book but I can order that locally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

For me bookhaven is dearer then www.schoolbooksdirect.ie by 2€ and missing one book. Anyway any discounts codes for www.schoolbooksdirect.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

loki7777 wrote: »
    For me bookhaven is dearer then www.schoolbooksdirect.ie by 2€ and missing one book. Anyway any discounts codes for www.schoolbooksdirect.ie?

They included the discounts in the price.
    I went to easons. Cheaper delivery and only missing 1 book which I can order locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Treppen wrote: »
    The school could, but then the students would have no toilet paper :pac:

but they have books ...paper books

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement