Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

50% Off Selected Rayban Sunglasses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

lotmc wrote: »

Seems to be no way to see which styles are covered by the 50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

It looks 2 me to be all 30 pairs , I tried a few and the code applied to all of them.
    I’m a bit of a sunglasses junkie and already own 2 pairs of Oakleys and 2 pairs of Ray Bans so even though I’m tempted I’m going to keep my money in my pocket this time. Really good deal though as Ray Bans are really good quality

No discount on wayfarers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

what a waste my 5 mints time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Throw up the ones with 50% off if anyone finds them...saves us trawling to and from Pay Now and finding no discount!

Thanks

EDIT...... Found it!!! on top of page is PROMO and when clicked it lists 19 Pairs that are in the Sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭del85

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The ones I want are listed in that 19 but applying the promo code FLASHSALE does nothing to the price
    Yeah, same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Possibly a scam ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Masala wrote: »
    Throw up the ones with 50% off if anyone finds them...saves us trawling to and from Pay Now and finding no discount!

Thanks

EDIT...... Found it!!! on top of page is PROMO and when clicked it lists 19 Pairs that are in the Sale.

When I clicked on that earlier there were 30 Pairs but obviously some have been sold and are out of stock, I noticed on one of the ones I picked that it said 7 pairs left.

I doubt it is a scam as if it was then surely they would have every pair showing at a discount to entice you to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Possibly a scam ???

Hope not! I bought the most expensive ones

• Advertisement

It isn’t a scam it’s just a sh7t sale - 30 pairs in the flash sale as I was on it as soon as the bargain was posted and I clicked several of those and tried to apply the discount code but nothing

Money saved by not buying them lol

The colours that come up are the promo ones. The other colours I think are not on promo

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

del85 wrote: »
    Name one pair.

The first pair that come up on the link that I posted - JUSTIN COLOR MIX. The price reduces from €132 to €66 when the code is added. I found others.

I bought another pair just before I started the thread.

The 50% discount only applied after I added the items to my bag - click on the “Shop Now” button, then click on the Shopping Bag” button, then apply the FLASHSALE code in the “promo code” Box and the 50% discount is applied.

I don’t know how many sunglasses are eligible for the 50% discount, and there may be a bit of work in searching, but it is a genuine promotion from Rayban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

18 glasses show in the "EU Flash Sale 50 Off" - only 2 of which i like but code was invalid for both (worked on the Justin Color Mix though) - more than likely there's a glitch and as there's no chat support over the weekend, it probably won't be fixed until Monday.

but there's a separate sale too - upto 50% off - with price reductions shown in the description. Click promo in the top right corner, in the pop up box click "upto 50% off selected glasses" and you get the full listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but someone mentioned scam.

The whole glasses industry, including RaeBans are a scam. Here's a 60 minutes investigation into the industry. It'll open your eyes, I hope.

Basically an Italian firm Luxottica, controls and makes most of the glasses, including Rayban, sold everywhere in the world, .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUiWOGv8ec&t=537s

Murt10 wrote: »

The whole glasses industry, including RaeBans are a scam. Here's a 60 minutes investigation into the industry. It'll open your eyes, I hope.

Basically an Italian firm Luxottica, controls and makes most of the glasses, including Rayban, sold everywhere in the world, .

Doesn't alter the fact that they & Oakley are the best lenses you can buy & nothing compares to them. They last a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Agree re Oakley.

I've a pair 22 years! I even say on them in my car they just clicked apart and clicked right back still going strong 💪

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Agree re Oakley.

I've a pair 22 years! I even say on them in my car they just clicked apart and clicked right back still going strong ��

Mine are on their 4th set of earsocks. I also have a cycling pair that are worth more now than when I bought them

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

What is your conclusion from that? All sunglasses are the same? Oakleys made before its takeover by Luxottica are better than those available now?

That is not a description of a scam. More like anti-competitive behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Sorry for off topic but could anyone recommend some nice sunglasses that don’t cost a lot ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

They had a similar sale about 6 months ago, was here in BA and was the same, promo code not working on a load of items in the sale section.

Regarding all sunglasses being the same, I had loads of cheapish glasses and now have genuine raybans, the difference in quality is huge, the raybans feel indestructable and of course the lens will offer proper protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Anyone find any still on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thefa

meath4sam wrote: »
    Anyone find any still on sale?

Those Justin Color Mix Brown Grey gradient ones are the only pair I’m interested in that are still successfully applying the code. Any of the other ones I was interested in are sold out but when you click on them, it brings you to the range. Code seems to only apply to the specific model rather than the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

BrendanD wrote: »
    Sorry for off topic but could anyone recommend some nice sunglasses that don’t cost a lot ?
    Asos have a good collection of cheap and cheerful ones. I got these recently for €14 and I'm very happy with them. Obviously they're nowhere near the quality of Ray Bans, but I lose them so often I no longer allow myself good ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Asos have a good collection of cheap and cheerful ones. I got these recently for €14 and I'm very happy with them. Obviously they're nowhere near the quality of Ray Bans, but I lose them so often I no longer allow myself good ones!
    Exactly I keep losing them ; wife bought me a pair of ray bans a few years ago lost them after about a month ; am happy now with the cheap ones 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Thanks OP i just ordered a pair at 50% off. I hope they're nice on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

It’s a load of Bollix.. mods should list as spam as there is no real bargain here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Masala wrote: »
    It’s a load of Bollix.. mods should list as spam as there is no real bargain here

apart from the 50 or so pairs that are 50% off

they mightn't be for you, but some people might find a pair that they consider a bargain.

I tried buying the clubmaster or whatever they are called in the colour that showed up and the code made no difference at all

At first I thought it might be only the colours but maybe they only have a certain few at 50% off and someone got the sale pair before you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Sunglasses arrived today, just in time for the rain.

Excellent quality. I'm very impressed with them. Just looking forward to some sunshine so I can wear them.

Advertisement