Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Remembered when this first came out, You where sure to here it twice in one night it was so Hugh. but of course it was played to death and this horrible vocal version came out in later years and put me right of it. But you still can't beat the Original Mix:)

totally agree with the vocals paddy, totally ruined this track for me years ago as it brought a more commercial element to it. and haven't listened to it in years until now but, i can say the original is still a good track never the less ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

es-cee wrote: »
    he's not even on the net as far as i can tell, tried lookin on myspace, facebook, bebo etc etc, but he wasn't anywere to be found, but then again he might be and just goes by his real name which is robbie somethin or other, never got his surname.

i know ye haha ive tried basically all the sites u mentioned aswell as others, the chap musn't want people to know his real name. its actually weird because besides his name watever that is haha there is very little info about him at all on the net of any,,,other than whats talked of him on this:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Im on a knife edge about it now, could go either way, time will only tell.

Hey Key,thought you'd be interested in this..

I emails the lads Organizing the gig and asked a few questions.

I asked first about turning up on the night and paying cash at the door?
    They said
    Yes it's ok to turn up at the door, the door rate is €20 but priority entrance goes to ticket holders. The way tickets are selling you may have to wait a short while to get in. Best option (and cheaper) is to get into a Ticketmaster outlet and grab a ticket, then you're safe.

I expressed a concern about the ticket prices we all have on here - Boards.ie.

Reply..
    Hi Paddy

Please also pass on the fact that anyone who buys a ticket for the event on 25th June will be entitled to half price admission to the next Asylum gig on Sat 3rd Sept. This will get them admission to the gig for only €8...which is a complete gift for what will be another whopper line up.

This gig on 25th June is costing approx €15,000 so far in running costs and mounting every day. Its not an average gig, the DJ's are all asking for pretty large fee's and there are a host of hidden costs that are pretty frightening to say the least.

We are not in this to make a quick buck and milk some money. Asylum is back as a clubbing brand and it is along term project in which we will be working with the people to give them value.

I think you will see on the night that it's not a cheap oldskool gig, this is a professional production with some many little touches that other nights just do not offer.

I would be grateful if you could pass this along to anyone who feels that we are money grabbing in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Hey Key,thought you'd be interested in this..

I emails the lads Organizing the gig and asked a few questions.

I asked first about turning up on the night and paying cash at the door?
    They said

I expressed a concern about the ticket prices we all have on here - Boards.ie.

Reply..

Interesting indeed Paddy.Fairplay to ya and fairplay to them least they had the decency to reply.

yeah, agree with what ace just said, and also like the fact that we get half price entrance in september too :D means two good nights out at least this year, as i haven't been further than the boozer myself at all this year lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

yeah, agree with what ace just said, and also like the fact that we get half price entrance in september too :D means two good nights out at least this year, as i haven't been further than the boozer myself at all this year lol.

I never even made it to the boozer lol , But yeah - the lads seem sound enough and i suppose you needs some ball's to go into that business especially in these tough times.

Taken from Pressure still life side A...Savage tune anyone know it

http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/74915578/file.html

Taken from Pressure still life side A...Savage tune anyone know it

http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/74915578/file.html

that sounds like it was made around 97/98 was it???

was mad into dnb at that stage, wouldn't really know much apart from the hard house keno and orbit used to play in the ormond and temple of sound, ah fond memories of of the under 18's in the temple of sound, good times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

yes, its from 97,only posted that last week..know most of them,,remembering the names is a diff story

was mad into dnb at that stage, wouldn't really know much apart from the hard house keno and orbit used to play in the ormond and temple of sound, ah fond memories of of the under 18's in the temple of sound, good times :D

ye it is indeed, finding the name for it though is tricky:D

• Advertisement

yes, its from 97,only posted that last week..know most of them,,remembering the names is a diff story

Ya should save them on an excel or word file which ever you desire.:D

Where would ya be with out tracklists ey.

i'm the same, tunes i know as well as anything i can't remember the names of these days, old age kickin in with a vengeance me thinkz, and all that whacky tobaccy i smoked over the years couldn't have helped either lol. wonder what my 30's are gonna be like if this is happenin at 28 :p:D:D

aceberg wrote: »
    Ya should save them on an excel or word file which ever you desire.:D

Where would ya be with out tracklists ey.

i put them on text documents in a folder with the mix when i get em lol, handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Believe it or not lads .............it's Erasure!!! Fookin savage tune! had it years ago, must try getting another copy.

Erasure - Dont day your love is killing me (Jon of the pleased wimmin remix)

http://www.discogs.com/Erasure-Dont-Say-Your-Love-Is-Killing-Me/release/185954

just browsin yt there lookin thru some 'NOISIA' tracks and came across this, not too sure if its done for a real animated film or just for this track, but the video is killer, and the track is a fooookin excellent bitta neurofunk (which i love these days) dark, dirty and evil soundin :D

bit more neurofunk goodness :D

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Believe it or not lads .............it's Erasure!!! Fookin savage tune! had it years ago, must try getting another copy.

Erasure - Dont day your love is killing me (Jon of the pleased wimmin remix)

http://www.discogs.com/Erasure-Dont-Say-Your-Love-Is-Killing-Me/release/185954

great tune pretty sure its the tall paul remix though :D

Anybody got the flyer for the Reunion thats indicates the type of music to be played in each vault.

great tune pretty sure its the tall paul remix though :D

You might be right, they're both on the 12"

so what happened in the last 2 n half hours? You went from asking for it to be ID'd to now been "pretty sure" its a certain mix lol :rolleyes:

Your welcome btw! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Over 1,000 pages. Good work lads. These have probably been posted somewhere over the 1,000 pages but I'm fcuked if I'm looking:P:P

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

This on Bellboy seems to be pretty forgotten...

Bulkhead - Cachka

And three from Mark NRG, loved when I'd find a new track of his back then.

In My Brain

Nightflight on Wax

Don't Stop

And lads stop talking about it and get the fck down to the Asylum reunion and get off ur tits - you know you'll regret it otherwise :pac:

Fck me I just selected a related Mark NRG track that I didn't know, thank fck I did, absolute quality... can't beat rolling snares, used to always get people going nuts - perfect example in this track... it does sound familiar, probably did drift off to it along the way somewhere.

Military City

...........and in other news

Dug out a handful from 95 and blew the dust off :D ..... ohhhh the build up!

Which reminds me, Key asked a few months back (or was looking for clarification/back up that he wasnt dreaming lol) about a tune with the orchestral sample from '2001 Space Odyssey'

...... :o eh, Key.... I think this is what you were after after all lol ....I knew it sounded familiar but never thought much more about it....and there it is in my record box!! man my cells (or whats left of them) are shorting terribly.

Over Drive was such a quality label, there seems to be so many I still don't know on it, I often find another cracker that I haven't heard before, or at least can't remember.

Secret Base - Warpmission

Bulkhead - Cachka

And lads stop talking about it and get the fck down to the Asylum reunion and get off ur tits - you know you'll regret it otherwise :pac:

Here's another stomper on Bellboy label

:) So your taking a step back in time with the rest of us SD? good stuff, so far from here it seems EsCee,Holy,Stomp,Key(oh yes he is),Ace,Al,Blue, and possibly Johnny are confirmed attendee's
    :cool:

EarlERizer wrote: »
    You might be right, they're both on the 12"

so what happened in the last 2 n half hours? You went from asking for it to be ID'd to now been "pretty sure" its a certain mix lol :rolleyes:

Your welcome btw! ;)

i went straight to discogs and looked at the rest of the mixes and the timeframe at which they all ended made it more likely that this was the tall paul mix so i googled it and bang! there it was:D super tune;)

Bulkhead - Cachka

And three from Mark NRG, loved when I'd find a new track of his back then.

In My Brain

Nightflight on Wax

Don't Stop

Are ya heading in youself Dave.

aceberg wrote: »
    Anybody got the flyer for the Reunion thats indicates the type of music to be played in each vault.

BTW, yesterday came n went and noone copped it was this threads 6th birthday :eek:.

Little Asylum/Oldskool came into the world on June 15th @ 6.45pm :) awwwhhhh A bright and healthy bouncing little bundle of joy,growing up lovely and getting stronger n stronger everyday thanks to his 'family' nuturing him.

So your all inviteda along to help celebrate his birthday on 25th @ The Vaults :D (Weeeell I say invited along - more , invited to go buy a ticket lol)

You looking for this Ace?
    http://www.asylumdublin.com/#/events/4550798787

• Advertisement

i went straight to discogs and looked at the rest of the mixes and the timeframe at which they all ended made it more likely that this was the tall paul mix so i googled it and bang! there it was:D super tune;)

Clever clogs!!! lol , I twigged that too but couldnt be ar$ed editting it at the time lol ....... ah after a few hundred posts on here you begin to try rely on memory before resorting to google lol .... we're trying to use the few cells we've left :o

Main thing is .....It was ID'd!!!!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement