Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Its so exciting Princessa and Rach, hopefully you will have baby in your arms at some stage today or tomorrow and be home in time for Santa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Thanks ladies!! I'm really hoping that this is the start of it all! These definitely feel different than braxton hicks pains alright!

about going into the hospital...they kind of give you guidelines but there are no hard or fast rules that i can tell so far. I was told consistent contractions every 3-4 minutes for several hours on your first. Also if you waters break that would be a time to go in. But most women's waters don't go in early labour, or even until right at the end. The midwife told me on the phone if I wasn't coping to call them back. She was saying that it could stop for a couple of hours and even start back again. Was saying that the pains should get stronger as well. kinda hard to judge because pain is pain though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Rachineire wrote: »
    Thanks ladies!! I'm really hoping that this is the start of it all! These definitely feel different than braxton hicks pains alright!

about going into the hospital...they kind of give you guidelines but there are no hard or fast rules that i can tell so far. I was told consistent contractions every 3-4 minutes for several hours on your first. Also if you waters break that would be a time to go in. But most women's waters don't go in early labour, or even until right at the end. The midwife told me on the phone if I wasn't coping to call them back. She was saying that it could stop for a couple of hours and even start back again. Was saying that the pains should get stronger as well. kinda hard to judge because pain is pain though!

Ooh, keep us informed anyway (when you can obviously!). It's so nice to hear about everyone's experiences and share this with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Very exciting ladies. Best of luck and keep us updated when you can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Rach that's so exciting!!! Hope all is moving well for you and Princessa and we'll hear some exciting news soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Good luck Rach and Princessa!!!
    Very exciting 24 hrs ahead!!! Will be thinking of ye!

I did a wacky thing today.....

Changed from semi private to private today..... Think unjust got I we whelmed by the fear of the vbac so close to the last section... Not that the care is any different on the day but my consultant will be there - and he knows my wishes and fears so I think mentally it is making it easier for me knowing that!
    It's a waste of hard earned money really... All my savings... BUT the peace of mind it's given me is priceless! Also if its 50:50 ill end up with a section I'd like my own room. I didn't sleep a wink the last time for the 4 nights and got early discharge from all the babies crying - mine too if course!! They were like playing tag....!!

Anyway bug decision but I'm happy with it. We really don't have a lot to buy this time around as everything still here from Aine - we even have a buggy that converts to double - So we can just about afford it.

Still part of me is laughing at myself for being so ridiculous!

Hi ladies.

Had my 38 week check up today. Blood pressure was very high so they are keeping me in. Again. This is the third time iv had to stay in from it.

I'm miserable. I'd just like to go home to my own bed and hang out with the cats :(

Tigerton wrote: »
    Hi ladies.

Had my 38 week check up today. Blood pressure was very high so they are keeping me in. Again. This is the third time iv had to stay in from it.

I'm miserable. I'd just like to go home to my own bed and hang out with the cats :(

Awe sorry to hear about the BP Tig! Hopefully it'll be improved tomorrow and you can get home! On my last Preg I ended up in hospital a few times and I hated it.. Especially cause everyone had their babies and I didn't! Did you bring earplugs so you can get some sleep?

DL fair play hun! If ya feel tht it gives you better piece of mind then go for it! I was very panicky myself at the thoughts of a VBAC and now that I know it's a section I think I'm more scared cause last time was so awful.. I'm really hoping this time will be easier! Only 16 days to go for me now :) getting so close and still haven't gotten everything sorted :o I'm sure we'll get there though hehe

I had my check up today and all is going good, felt a little better in myself with the SPD too which is good :) they want me back next week on the 27th which is my little fella's 1st birthday :( I tried to talk them out of it but they wanna see me.. The appoints are only in the afternoon which is when his party is organised for & they won't let me go the next week cause that's when my section is.. Guess he'll be having a late birthday party!

Thanks Tigeress! Yeah it's just frustrating. I think they're just going to increase my blood pressure medication and monitor me. So fingers crossed they let me go in the morning!

Aw that sucks about your apt date. It's always the one day that's not so suitable! Hopefully itl go quickly and you'll be home early for your little ones party. And at least now the end is very near and you don't have long to wait!!! :D

• Advertisement

Oh Tigerton u poor thing :( Hopefully it comes down again soon! Hope you get some sleep in there, maybe an ipod or something to drown out background noise would help with sleep? Id be using it whilst u still can as soon youll be listening out for a baby :)

Tigress - thats just ridiculous....i mean i know they are doing it all for your own good - but surely a little compassion wouldnt go astray and let u go the day before or after!! but as you say - little N is so small he wont know any better and you can have it later! Cant believe N is one and babs two arriving in 16 days!!! Its going to br brilliant :) Ill be tracking your progress!! Dont worry about the section - itll be fine - you know how to cope better with it this time - in that you know what ways to move about afterwards etc to minimise soreness - you know all the tricks of the trade like holding it when coughing our laughing etc - the big job will be to keeo N from jumping on it :p I know A thinks the bump is a bounceboard at the moment so id say we'll struggle with that too!!
    Im the same - nervous of a section but only cos i want the quicker recovery of a natural birth - im so nervous about rupture tho that im preparing myself for either way! The main thing is our little babs come out healthy and happy and we get back to our number ones in the best shape we can be to start the fun times that are ahead ;)

Still at home getting pains...mostly 6 minutes apart all day....tapered off for a few hours this evening and have come back stronger. Hoping baby makes appearance in the next 12 hours....exhausting!

I'll be delighted if I don't have to be induced though....this is just taking forever! I swear this is only because I'm such an impatient person....first lesson in parenthood...baby does things on his schedule and not mine!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

oooh so exciting girls:)

Tigerton - *hugs*

I am not back in the hospital for 2 weeks so baby should be long here:) (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Awww so excited for ye princessa and rach if things haven't progressed enough before yer inductions good luck today. Xoxoxoxo
    Tig thats a right pain about your pb hope it settles down and you get home today.

Thanks ladies. The good thing is that they increased my blood pressure meds last night and BP is coming down a bit so might get out of here today (I will be so happy to get home). OH was away last night so I'm pretty sure the cats hate me now for abandoning them! :D

Sebastian Bryan James was born at 7:20 this morning weighing a whopping 8.9lbs! I'm beat!,

Sebastian Bryan James was born at 7:20 this morning weighing a whopping 8.9lbs! I'm beat!,

Yay!!! Congratulations. I love love love the name as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Aww beautiful Rach! He is finally here! Congrats to you and your oh, best Christmas present ever :)

Thanks ladies. The good thing is that they increased my blood pressure meds last night and BP is coming down a bit so might get out of here today (I will be so happy to get home). OH was away last night so I'm pretty sure the cats hate me now for abandoning them! :D

The cats will forgive you when they see you, I'm sure. I have a clingy cat at home who hates being left alone as well. Hopefully you get home today and the BP keeps coming down.

Also, 8lbs 9 :eek: No wonder you were uncomfortable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

o congrats rach thats great news :) u can really enjoy xmas now.. hope babs is good now and u get a bit of rest to recharge a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Lovely news!

Enjoy the mayhem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ah congratulations Rach...Nothing too shabby about that weight ;) Little bruiser! Hope you're feeling good. xx

Yellow Hen - your username gives me cravings. Where we used to live there was this gorgeous noodle place that did a dish called "yellow noodles". I've been craving them for a while and can't find anywhere in Dublin that does them! Everytime I see your name I think, mmm yellow noodles with chicken. :D

I've looked up a recipe but you need to buy yellow ghee and that seems like a lit of work!

Yey :D absolutley delighted for you Rach! Hope everything went well! Enjoy every minute of him :) well done hun xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Massive congrats Rach, so delighted for you. And wow that's most def a big babs. Hope ye both manage to get a bit of rest and then get home xoxoxoxoxoxooxox

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Congrats racheneire,well done,beautiful name too:)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

The cats will forgive you when they see you, I'm sure. I have a clingy cat at home who hates being left alone as well. Hopefully you get home today and the BP keeps coming down.

Thanks MurdyWurdy. It hasn't come down enough yet to go home so looks like I'm in for another night but fingers crossed the next time I'm in il be having my baby.

Congrats to all the new mammies. Very exciting stuff!!

Thanks MurdyWurdy. It hasn't come down enough yet to go home so looks like I'm in for another night but fingers crossed the next time I'm in il be having my baby.

Congrats to all the new mammies. Very exciting stuff!!

You might need a peace offering for the cats so - mine is into chicken in a big way :)

and yes, fingers crossed next time you're in it'll be because bubs is on the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Big Congrats Rach that's fantastic news, hope you and babs are doing good :)

Advertisement