Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

yeah the lack of sore boobs is what bothers me most. Last time I was pregnant I couldn't sleep properly with the soreness. This time - absolutely nothing! I suppose I should just enjoy the fact that I am not sore this time but I will be glad to get the scan done anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry! Every pregnancy is different.. On my last I had terrible period like pains & real sore boobs & this time I've none of that! Infact the only thing I've had this time is terrible nausea (which I had last time too) but other than that I don't feel pregnant at all..

I'm so glad you're doing well Yellow & Cunning (even if nervous) looking forward to hearing about your scan on Friday :)
    Have you a date on your scan Yellow?

Java I hope that little'un makes their grand enterance soon for ya! Did you get the sweep or is that this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Tigeress wrote: »
    I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry! Every pregnancy is different.. On my last I had terrible period like pains & real sore boobs & this time I've none of that! Infact the only thing I've had this time is terrible nausea (which I had last time too) but other than that I don't feel pregnant at all..

I'm so glad you're doing well Yellow & Cunning (even if nervous) looking forward to hearing about your scan on Friday :)
    Have you a date on your scan Yellow?

Java I hope that little'un makes their grand enterance soon for ya! Did you get the sweep or is that this week?

Hey Tigress!
    The sweep is on thursday so I'm trying everything to avoid it!!!
    Have had an UNREAL increase in pressure today, when I feel baby's head move, I swear it feels as if it's in my bum!!

Gonna spend an hour on my ball now,then bring the hairy baby for a long walk and see if anything stirs...:D

How are you all?? Your in Portlaoise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh Java, its so exciting for you now. Good luck with everything, hope he/she makes and effortless (:)) appearance soon!

Tigeress, I booked a scan for 4th August as I wanted to do it on a saturday. I'll be 9.5 weeks then so all going well, we'll tell both of our parents that day too. I have 10 nieces and nephews so its old hat to my parents but my husband has none so he reckons his mother will start crying with the excitement...bless!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I am such a bloody moron. I had my first consultant appointment today but had it written in my diary right over the information about my antenatal classes which will be on Thursdays, so managed to get it in my head that the appointment was on Thursday this week instead. I'd even checked it today, to double check the time but completely missed the part where it said July 10th. :o

The first I knew about it was a few hours ago when a midwife at the hospital rang to ask if I was ok. :o:o:o

On the other hand at the exact time of the appointment I was closely examining the ceramics in the bathroom to give myself something to look at while I threw up into them. (I actually managed to hit the triple crown of sink, toilet and bath, as every time I thought it had stopped I started to walk out and it started up again.) And then I followed that up with a bout of severe diarrhoea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

iguana wrote: »
    I am such a bloody moron. I had my first consultant appointment today but had it written in my diary right over the information about my antenatal classes which will be on Thursdays, so managed to get it in my head that the appointment was on Thursday this week instead. I'd even checked it today, to double check the time but completely missed the part where it said July 10th. :o

The first I knew about it was a few hours ago when a midwife at the hospital rang to ask if I was ok. :o:o:o

On the other hand at the exact time of the appointment I was closely examining the ceramics in the bathroom to give myself something to look at while I threw up into them. (I actually managed to hit the triple crown of sink, toilet and bath, as every time I thought it had stopped I started to walk out and it started up again.) And then I followed that up with a bout of severe diarrhoea.

Eeek! How far along are you? Have you been sick all along?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Eeek! How far along are you? Have you been sick all along?

23+2. It keeps stopping and starting. Each time I think I've thrown up for the last time and start to relax it comes back with a vengeance. I was very stressed today so I'd say the stress tipped the hormones over the edge and messed with my stomach. My husband made me a chicken and veg soup a few hours ago and that seems to be staying down (but not too far down:o) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was a one off.

Oh wow Java that sounds promising!! I'm hoping to come on tomorrow and see you have some news hehe!

Oh Iguana :( I hope this eases for you soon! You poor thing! I think you might be right in that the stress prob added to it.. Just take it easy & eat little but often if you can. Xxx

Yellow that's great that you have a date to go in :) very exciting getting to tell people :) you'll get to see a good bit at 9.5 weeks too! Make sure to tell them to turn the volume up on the scanner though! I didn't know until the end of my last pregnancy but they keep the volume turned of but I you ask them to turn it up you'll get to hear the heartbeat aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

yeah the lack of sore boobs is what bothers me most. Last time I was pregnant I couldn't sleep properly with the soreness. This time - absolutely nothing! I suppose I should just enjoy the fact that I am not sore this time but I will be glad to get the scan done anyway!

Hope the scan goes well :) I love the reassurance it brings. I had incredibly sore boobs when pregnant with my daughter. Even my clothes brushing off them had me in agony. Yet there wasn't a bother on them with my last pregnancy.

Hope all is going well :)

Good luck tomorrow java :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hi ladies. Just a quick question from a nana- to-be.

Is it normal for some hospitals not to do a scan around 20 weeks?
    My daughter had a scan in early May and all was well.
    She's 18 weeks now but has no scan appointment until October.
    That seems a long time to me :(
    Can/should her GP send her just to be sure things are progressing ok.

Chucken wrote: »
    Hi ladies. Just a quick question from a nana- to-be.

Is it normal for some hospitals not to do a scan around 20 weeks?
    My daughter had a scan in early May and all was well.
    She's 18 weeks now but has no scan appointment until October.
    That seems a long time to me :(
    Can/should her GP send her just to be sure things are progressing ok.

What hospital is she with? That seems a long time.. Usual they do a scan between 20-24 weeks to rule out cleft lip & other problems. I'd call the hospital and just make a sooner appointment! If she's nervous about anything she can go into the hospital at anytime & they should scan her then.. At least this was my experience!

Chucken it might be no harm for her to ring her GP & check if there has been an error with her appointment.
    The latest I personally heard of anyone having a first scan is 26 weeks if the hospital is particularly busy. 28 weeks does seem very late.

Thanks for the replies :)
    I said it to her now and she said she had double checked with the hospital and they said shes not getting a 20 week scan :confused:
    But then again, her dates aren't the hospital dates either. By her dates shes due 12/11/12, but the midwife wrote down 12/12/12. Thats a month out.
    We need to get on to the GP I think and get it sorted asap.

@ Tigress.. shes with The Maternity in Limerick

Thanks for the replies :)
    I said it to her now and she said she had double checked with the hospital and they said shes not getting a 20 week scan :confused:
    But then again, her dates aren't the hospital dates either. By her dates shes due 12/11/12, but the midwife wrote down 12/12/12. Thats a month out.
    We need to get on to the GP I think and get it sorted asap.

Sounds like the midwife made an error on the EDD! I'd def get that sorted! Otherwise if she doesn't go herself it'll be a long wait! I hope you get it sorted! You can always change hospitals if you're not happy with the other one too so keep that in mind :)

Looks like the sweep worked for me today.

Went in to be told I was already 1-1.5cm dilated and very favourable, got the sweep.

Been very uncomfortable since, doctor told me I would feel period cramps but that they would ease off, if anything they have gotten worse and have had a few bloody shows!

it's all very exciting and nerve wrecking!

Chucken sorry I misread your first mail, I didn't realise she already had a previous scan. I thought it would be her first scan in October.

With cutbacks a lot of the hospitals only do 2 x scans now. One at booking to date the pregnancy & ensure all is well, the second one closer to delivery time. So it might just be the case with her hospital.
    It'd be no harm mentioning in to her GP though & tell him there's a discrepancy between her dates & the hospitals.

Hope all goes well for your daughter :)

Chucken sorry I misread your first mail, I didn't realise she already had a previous scan. I thought it would be her first scan in October.

With cutbacks a lot of the hospitals only do 2 x scans now. One at booking to date the pregnancy & ensure all is well, the second one closer to delivery time. So it might just be the case with her hospital.
    It'd be no harm mentioning in to her GP though & tell him there's a discrepancy between her dates & the hospitals.

Hope all goes well for your daughter :)

Thank you :) We're surprising her with a 3d scan in a few weeks so what we'll do is get the anatomical one as well (is that what its called :D)
    Jebus this child is costing nana a fortune already :pac:

Now all this talk of sweeps and painful boobs has me (cringing hehehe) wishing you all the very best.

I'll probably be back again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

best of luck java. hope things move along for you now x

I was just about to ask if the hospital was Limerick Maternity because I have read that they do scans as 12 and 32 weeks. I'm not sure why that is.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    I was just about to ask if the hospital was Limerick Maternity because I have read that they do scans as 12 and 32 weeks. I'm not sure why that is.

Gosh, it does seem a bit mad doesn't it?

javagal wrote: »
    Looks like the sweep worked for me today.

Went in to be told I was already 1-1.5cm dilated and very favourable, got the sweep.

Been very uncomfortable since, doctor told me I would feel period cramps but that they would ease off, if anything they have gotten worse and have had a few bloody shows!

it's all very exciting and nerve wrecking!

Oh that's amazing Java!!! Very best of luck :) hope it all starts soon for you but by the sounds of things you won't be waiting long :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Amazing Java! Hope things move along nicely for you! :)

Hope that baba has arrived for you Java :)

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hope that baba has arrived for you Java :)

Afraid not lol! Cannot stand to be in this house any longer so going for a walk around whitewater!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hope it happens soon for you Java and your not too uncomfortable!!!! It'll all be over soon and you'll have your little babs in ur arms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I always seem to be the bearer of bad news on this thread :(
    My scan showed that the pregnancy had failed at an early stage, so I had an op to remove it yesterday.

I had mentioned before here that I was worried about a lack of 'proper' pregnancy symtoms so I guess I was subconsciously prepared for what would happen. So there were no hysterics.- I believe the body knows best in these cases.

I think I will be taking a break from the whole baby making thing for a while.
    In time we may try again.

I wish you all the very best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Really sorry to hear that Cunning. We're all here for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

so sorry cunning, take some time to look after yourself x x x

• Advertisement

Oh Cunning I'm so very sorry :( I hope in time you'll be ok & be back to us xxx take care of yourself

Advertisement