Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kemosabe

• 22-09-2005 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

New Irish genre blending musical 4 piece ... aeeeeiiii! Coming to a venue near you soon! ... Aeeeeeiiii!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Tunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think they need to visit Dabhoys for recording purposes first Doc Doc. They played a good gig last week/week before/memory fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

were you there John2? Was i speaking to you? Glad you liked it anyway, i'm dying to get some more feedback from it but unsuccessfull as yet..

No tracks as yet Doc, but with my newly aquired laptop there may be some rough rehearsal demos coming in the next week or so hopefully.

But for now we have more gigs coming up..

15th October in Fibbers playing with Stoneocean + Mo'Fro

19th Ocotber in The Hub Playing with Moesly + Mo'Fro

23rd October in Voodoo lounge playing with The Exits and Barracas.

That's enough pimpage for now

LundiMardi wrote:
    were you there John2? Was i speaking to you? Glad you liked it anyway, i'm dying to get some more feedback from it but unsuccessfull as yet..

Indeed I was there. I wasn't speaking to you unfortunately, I literally arrived a little while before you started and ran once you'd finished. I liked the cut of your jib, sounds promising. But as I said to Frankie, you could tell you lot had the first gig jitters. I won't be at your next gig but I'll be at the one on the 19th. And I'll say hello.

cool man, yeah 1st gig jitters is quite the understatement... We should be a lot more prepared by the next time you see us though.

• Advertisement

Good stuff

Fibbers - Tomorrow Night people (sat)

thanks to those who came to the gig in the hub on wednesday, was a decent turn out for a weds night, and we didn't loose any money... yaaaaay!!:)

We shall have a couple of live tracks up from the gig soon, thanks to Dahboys no less.

In the mean time though, this sunday, the voodoo lounge. Be there;)

Have a listen, recorded live at our 3rd gig, twas in the Hub so it was on 19/10..

Thanks to Dahboys ;)

http://artists.cpu.ie/bands/947/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Some of the tunes are available to download off my site.

http://www.jasondonaghy.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah... but CPU is better, cause... it looks cool.

And Jay eats babies.

I don't eat babies. There lies :)

Yeah... but CPU is better, cause... it looks cool.

No it doesn't. It's poxy looking. Jay's site is far nicer to use. Just work through Jay from now on.

Thanks John :)

But Jay wont give us shiney chocolate buttons like CPU will!

Gig this Monday 7th November in UCD Student Bar! Only €2 in, so g g g g get there!

There'll be CDs of our live work up for the asking aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Very catchy, would love to hear some of this recorded!
    Good work!

Thanks! I think these live recordings have put a curb on any rush job recordings... but some properly recorded material should be done next year and hopefully it'll be supa impressive. :)

That the best thing you can do chief, plenty of practice and gigging. Getting the songs tried and tested before recording :)

We're playing tonight in UCD Student Bar. Only €2 in and you get to hear Lugosi aswell. Oo err

Next gig is in Trinity on the 24th of November

• Advertisement

Upcoming gigs...

Trinity 24th of November. Free entry. The Buttery from 8pm. More details to follow...

Iaasc Butts 30th of November. Charity battle of the bands yoke. Should be a good laugh, some nice bands already on the bill. More details nearer the date...

Up to date details at

www.myspace.com/kemosabemusic (as updating our website is just a pain! heh heh)

Gig this Thursday 24th! Aeeeeei! heh heh

gig this coming weds 30th...

Battle of the Bands in Isaac Butts - 5 euro in...

Come one come all

it should be tasty.

Ok, Well Kemosabe are taking a short break for the next 6-8 weeks, focusing on writing new material and improving the material already written.

We shall be back in February with gigs already being booked, there shall be gigs nationwide as well as overseas.

There will also be a new website coming soon, tshirts, hoodies, posters available at our online store so lots of stuff to luck forward to.

Keep an eye out as Kemosabe shall be back with avengence!!!!;):D

Jaysus, when's the record deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

LundiMardi wrote:
    Kemosabe shall be back with avengence!!!!;):D

Whan's that gig? I heard Avengence kick ass :v:

weh weh weh... good one. :)

Dunno if this is pimping our band our not, but our we've parted ways with our old bass player. So we're on the look out for a new one, so if you know anyone or indeed you are a bass player, gimme a shout on here.
    You can hear our noise at www.myspace.com/kemosabemusic

Nice one.

• Advertisement

We have a new bassist - Ciaran Murray.

We'll be back gigging soon. First gig will be a support slot on 11th of Feb in Slatterys on Capel st.

Advertisement