Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geocaching Forum in 2016

• 21-12-2015 11:39am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Almost tripped over a few tumbleweeds getting in here.

Budgese is a new Mod here but we need some ideas to breathe some life into this forum.

How can we make this place work?

Comments

Heya!! I came in here tonight to post a happy Christmas message, and see how we could get the forum rolling again!

Great minds?!

I will start my new thread idea right away!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hi how does this work. A few years ago I accidentally found one near a wood outside Limerick. Other than checking this forum out at the time I didn't do much more.

I think I'd like to give it a go.

Anything much happening around Limerick city or the mid west region.

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to be asking.

Happy Christmas

Hello!

Geocaching is a community activity, although usually pursued as individuals. Have a look at geocaching.com and set up an account. It's the type of activity that is what you make it to be - I myself prefer to set out alone with my phone with GPS and app, or with another friend who is into the sport. Some prefer to do group events. Any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask and we'll answer as best we can!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We could have a New Year meet up at my place.

-28.762782, 153.345905

Is the party over yet? I'm still travelling!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am here with all my friends......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

It would be nice to see life breathed into this place. There isn't a whole lot of cachers on boards it seems. Maybe I need to make a pack of laminated QR codes with links to this forum to shove into geocaches

That's a good idea, that is. Unfortunately geocaching is probably for a lot of people a seasonal activity too!

My own cache went missing last year, I replaced it last August, but in a very changeable landscape, I was afraid it was gone again. It was found twice in the last week! One person was from Seattle! I'm delighted to know it's there and safe. I haven't been down to see it much lately. It wintered well obviously!

I want to place a new cache, does anyone know where I can get those small magnetic containers from? I'm on a budget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

My own cache went missing last year, I replaced it last August, but in a very changeable landscape, I was afraid it was gone again. It was found twice in the last week! One person was from Seattle! I'm delighted to know it's there and safe. I haven't been down to see it much lately. It wintered well obviously!

I want to place a new cache, does anyone know where I can get those small magnetic containers from? I'm on a budget!

A lot of them are just normal small containers with some small magnets from eBay (China) stuck to them.

• Advertisement

Hi!

I know very little about geocaching but oddly enough I dreamt last night where it was suggested to me as a fun thing to do.

How mad is that!

Hi!

I know very little about geocaching but oddly enough I dreamt last night where it was suggested to me as a fun thing to do.

How mad is that!

That's a pretty cool dream ;)

It is a fun thing to do! Doesn't require any commitment either, which is fun. You just do it when you feel like it. Any questions fire away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭mollybird

Hey guys, i'm thrilled to find this forum. ive only recently found out about this activity and what can i say im HOOKED!!! im seriously loving it. ive gotten my neighbour into it and going to introduce my godson and my best friend to it next week when im down home :D:D

hope the forum becomes more busy.

Since i properally started last week ive found 12 caches. how many have people found so far?

I must get back into it. It's actually a good thing to do along with Photography.

Maybe now that Summer is coming there things will start to move here.

I have seen Key Hide thing in the $2 shop here. Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

mollybird wrote: »
    Hey guys, i'm thrilled to find this forum. ive only recently found out about this activity and what can i say im HOOKED!!! im seriously loving it. ive gotten my neighbour into it and going to introduce my godson and my best friend to it next week when im down home :D:D

hope the forum becomes more busy.

Since i properally started last week ive found 12 caches. how many have people found so far?

I've been at it on and off for a few years now, it's the type of thing I just look at the weather, decided "I fancy finding a few caches!" and off I go. I've found 79 and own 1. I intend to double that (both numbers!) this summer!

CabanSail wrote: »
    I have seen Key Hide thing in the $2 shop here. Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

I'm going to go down and poke around the site one of these evenings. Handed in final college assignments today, and apart from exams I will finally have time for other pursuits! I will have to assess the place to see what kind of container I'm after, though I'll probably need a magnetic one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭mollybird

is it very awkward looking for permission from council's etc to be able to place your own cache does anyone know?

Advertisement