Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

THIS BAND IS GOING TO BE MASSIVE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Oasis can't even sell Oasis records anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Next stop Knebworth, no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

I don't see AC/DC in your list of influences on facebook, but I do see how you lifted the opening of Long Road to the Beginning directly out of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. I doubt I'll be the only one.

As for the band name, it's too long. Learn from your idols, Oasis, Pulp, Cast, Bis... It doesn't have to have meaning, but it needs to be short... so your fans can remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

Watch this space and watch out!

Here's a preview of dublins sorry Irelands next big thing!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHvH1Thfih4

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Last-Partizan/307149051569?ref=ts

You can't take influence from bands like Oasis because the man in the street liked them, you have to rip off segfried y bastillo or some other rubbish none entity from some ****ing Igloo band. I don't know why you bother with this forum anyway, as you can see from the bitters who replied it's full of fence sitting pond life who'd rather criticise everything than support their local bands. You can be sure none of these spotty nerds would say any of that **** to you in person, if they ever go outside that is.

Nice try though and don't mind the geeks, they were probably bullied at school.

Danco wrote: »
    As for the band name, it's too long. Learn from your idols, Oasis, Pulp, Cast, Bis... It doesn't have to have meaning, but it needs to be short... so your fans can remember it.

You're probably right I think The-Last-Partizan/307149051569?ref=ts is a bit of a mouthful alright. Might just call ourselves The Last Partizan for short, hopefully people will be able to remember 3 words.

• Advertisement

8 number 1 albums? Do you expect them to be still number 1 a year after they've split?

Next stop Knebworth, no doubt about it.

Next stop Chocolate Factory no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 briand10

Sounds good lads. Keep it up. You never no. The world need more proper bands again.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Good luck man, everyone needs it...

its not terribly different from anyone else though for me.... just what I call a guitar band :)

but again good luck hope it works out :D

liking the singers tone.... thats different from alot ive heard !

• Advertisement

If anyone wants to see a **** Oasis, ACDC knock off then come on down to The Stables, Dominick Street in Mullingar Co. Westmeath on Saturday 7th August. See you there

KOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ahh, the classic hands behind the back pose.........

Pint%202.JPG

mikom wrote: »
    Ahh, the classic hands behind the back pose.........

I agree with you he looks a bit cliche doing that. He used to jump around the stage like Morrissey but we stomped that out of him. We're trying to wean him onto Axl Rose next.

Still though, you get abuse for being influenced by bands like oasis. But if you copy the clash, ratm or any of that university indie ****e (bloc party, etc..) people love it.

Give me 20 pub rock bands anyday over some snivelling little geek moaning about the suffering of the people of some ****hole he's never been to.

And ratm types can **** off aswell, wearing a che guevara t-shirt, pumping your fist, shouting "**** you I won't do what you tell me" and then off back to your capitalist job on monday morning.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

And ratm types can **** off aswell, wearing a che guevara t-shirt, pumping your fist, shouting "**** you I won't do what you tell me" and then off back to your capitalist job on monday morning.

funny stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 21 briand10

I agree with you he looks a bit cliche doing that. He used to jump around the stage like Morrissey but we stomped that out of him. We're trying to wean him onto Axl Rose next.

Still though, you get abuse for being influenced by bands like oasis. But if you copy the clash, ratm or any of that university indie ****e (bloc party, etc..) people love it.

Give me 20 pub rock bands anyday over some snivelling little geek moaning about the suffering of the people of some ****hole he's never been to.

You make very good points there man. The problem with lots of people is mate, they are all trying to be so different and unique but in trying so hard to do that they all end up doing the same sh** as eachother anyway if you no what i mean.
    Anyway keep up the music lads it very good!!!!!

If anyone wants to see a **** Oasis, ACDC knock off then come on down to The Stables, Dominick Street in Mullingar Co. Westmeath on Saturday 7th August. See you there

KOR

Sickened I can't make this! Would be class to be able to say I saw the band in a small venue before they go stratospheric. Guess I'll just have to settle for the O2 date whenever it's announced, should be any day now! :pac:

Sickened I can't make this! Would be class to be able to say I saw the band in a small venue before they go stratospheric. Guess I'll just have to settle for the O2 date whenever it's announced, should be any day now! :pac:

What a suprise, the vegan leftie doesn't like us, shouldn't you be out protesting against Israel with all your other soap dodging mates. Or have you moved onto some other cause now.

Meat is Murder etc....

What a suprise, the vegan leftie doesn't like us, shouldn't you be out protesting against Israel with all your other soap dodging mates. Or have you moved onto some other cause now.

Meat is Murder etc....

Oh dear, somebody is getting very mixed up. Given the influence that The Smiths had on Oasis and the path of mimicry taken by The Last Partizan, I'd expect your band to resemble a poor man's Smiths by the end of the month! Best not say anything you can't take back now.

P.S. Isnt' that Che's happy face I see peeping out from the bass drum between "Liam's" legs in the photo of The Last Partizan above? Fight the power... with pub rock!
    :pac::pac::pac:

Oh dear, somebody is getting very mixed up. Given the influence that The Smiths had on Oasis and the path of mimicry taken by The Last Partizan, I'd expect your band to resemble a poor man's Smiths by the end of the month! Best not say anything you can't take back now.

P.S. Isnt' that Che's happy face I see peeping out from the bass drum between "Liam's" legs in the photo of The Last Partizan above? Fight the power... with pub rock!
    :pac::pac::pac:

Who's mixed up? certainly not us. Nothing under the sun is original, especially music, everything is taken from what went before. But I suppose we should give up now because if a know it all on the internet doesn't like us, that's the end of it. All the people at our gigs must be coming to see us for our good looks.

And it is actually the murdering terrorists face on that drum kit.

And it is actually the murdering terrorists face on that drum kit.

Sticking it to the RATM fans FAIL!

• Advertisement

Sticking it to the RATM fans FAIL!

FAIL? are you a nerdy little american teenager or something. If you had half a clue, you'd know hardly any live bands in Dublin get to use their own drum kit. You're more than welcome to come along to a gig and tell us what we're doing wrong in person but i'm sure you'll come up with some snide reply about how you've better things to be doing with your time etc...

FAIL? are you a nerdy little american teenager or something. If you had half a clue, you'd know hardly any live bands in Dublin get to use their own drum kit. You're more than welcome to come along to a gig and tell us what we're doing wrong in person but i'm sure you'll come up with some snide reply about how you've better things to be doing with your time etc...

Wow, good answer. And it only took you a week to make it up!

I'd love to come see the band and help you guys out with some direction, but I've better things to be doing with my time etc...

Never fear though, I'm happy to continue helping with online advice.

This weeks tip: Stop pretending large amounts of people are coming out to see you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Mod Note: Danco and thelastpartizan, please take your little tête à tête off this thread from now on. Any further off-topic posts will not be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 elhombre

Wow, good answer. And it only took you a week to make it up!

I'd love to come see the band and help you guys out with some direction, but I've better things to be doing with my time etc...

Never fear though, I'm happy to continue helping with online advice.

This weeks tip: Stop pretending large amounts of people are coming out to see you play.

comedy gold!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Meat is Murder etc....

Not able to listen to your music links right now, but i'm reading your posts in here and your coming across not so well... not sure if your trying to be funny/sarcastic or just be an a$s to the people who don't pat you on the back and say 'your great'....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I have to agree with the Oasis soundalike comments. Plus I hate Oasis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ok. Let's keep the thread on topic.

Any more personal or off-topic comments will result in bans being handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Very funny thread!!!

As for the band, not bad. I agree with the Oasis comparison, but I love Oasis!!

As for the band, its not bad stuff. I wouldnt necessarily say Im mad on the band, (its not the most original sound Ive heard) but its not bad. Ive heard worse. Maybe some advice? Your song "Aint Life a Bore" is a little too long in my opinion. Maybe shave off the last chorus or something?

Anyways, best of luck with it anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 traleemusic

Just something to help ye along the way,the only reason yer gettin d oasis similarity is cos yer singer looks like Liam Gallagher doesnt really sound like him at all(cut yer hair man),d singer sounds more like Tim Burgess, i think ye shud get a second guitarist yer songs are good but need some lead guitar over them,aint life a bore, just listened to it about 7 or 8 times there(its lackin lead guitar wise), to get on in the music industry u guys need a big image change people wont give ye a second look if yer blatantly rippin off oasis, a little more work and ye ll be rockin, great drummer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

As for the music, well, it's pretty bad. Sorry, but I see no real quality in it. Just my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement