Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭colly10

Anyone know if the gards are still hanging round the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

colly10 wrote: »

The €2000 fine for non essential travel has been renewed til the beginning of June so they are probably still there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

colly10 wrote: »

yeah but they never said anythung to me when i flew 2 weeks ago, checked boarding pass and passport on and you go, they seemed to be given some African chap hassle though!

poppy37 wrote: »
    The €2000 fine for non essential travel has been renewed til the beginning of June so they are probably still there.

where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

yeah but they never said anythung to me when i flew 2 weeks ago, checked boarding pass and passport on and you go, they seemed to be given some African chap hassle though!

Do u have to go through a Garda checkpoint inside the Airport itself?
    Or could u go straight to security etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

where did you hear this?

Saw it posted on the travel thread on the Covid forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Had a phone call from TUI 2 days ago, our flight from Shannon to Salou for the 30th of July has been cancelled and they have issued the refund which has been received, doesn't look like they are doing any flights from Shannon this summer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Was that a Ryanair flight or a charter? Salou. We are booked for August. Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

finbarrk wrote: »
    Was that a Ryanair flight or a charter? Salou. We are booked for August. Ryanair.

It was with TUI so chartered, can't see any flights from TUI going from Shannon this summer on their website, it was the flight that they cancelled

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My parents, both vaccinated, got flight out to Malaga for June 28th. They have both made dental and optician appointments, and will both be carrying a history of their work with them. Dad was saying he is in a bad way with his teeth, his gums have shrunk and the dentures keep falling out. That's the line you use, says I, when you are stopped and asked where/why you are going.

• Advertisement

Do u have to go through a Garda checkpoint inside the Airport itself?
    Or could u go straight to security etc?

2 garda there before security on a makeshift stand but all they were doing was checking passports and boarding passes and waving people on, they semeed to be giving some Adrican bloke a bit of hassle, asides from that practically everyone was waved on and there was a large enoiugh queue, im flying again in a few weeks,never any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Spotted a second midweek flight put on for Knock to Alicante for the summer. Knock were unable to confirm but Ryanair via messenger reckon that all flights are going ahead.

Bit cautious to book yet......but finger's crossed things are starting to look better!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kozak

2 garda there before security on a makeshift stand but all they were doing was checking passports and boarding passes and waving people on, they semeed to be giving some Adrican bloke a bit of hassle, asides from that practically everyone was waved on and there was a large enoiugh queue, im flying again in a few weeks,never any problem.
    Thanks! Is it always like this? Would be great to have more updates on how essential travel checks done in airport. Haven't been there since Nov 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I would like to go to Spain too but there are fairly strict rules like having to wear a mask at all times in public. That makes me feel like going might nit be so enjoyable.

I’ve heard the Gardai set up at 7am so just be gone through security before then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

July 5th would be my guess for no fines to be issued for you travelling to Spain from Ireland for non essential travel.

Mind if I ask why you think this? That would be great ðŸ‘👌

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Leo said today no travel until August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

Does anyone think it would be unsafe to bring a 4 year old and 16 month old to Spain from late September onwards. I dont know if the government ever say whether it is or not. My wife quite reluctant at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Sono

McSween wrote: »
    Does anyone think it would be unsafe to bring a 4 year old and 16 month old to Spain from late September onwards. I dont know if the government ever say whether it is or not. My wife quite reluctant at the moment

We have a 3 year old and 10 month old, mulling over booking Spain for end of August, risky enough for now, Ryanair offering free flight changes until end of October, Aer Lingus are the end of the year so a bit of peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sono wrote: »
    We have a 3 year old and 10 month old, mulling over booking Spain for end of August, risky enough for now, Ryanair offering free flight changes until end of October, Aer Lingus are the end of the year so a bit of peace of mind.

What if Spain only allow vaccinated people in.

Kids won't be vaccinated.

kozak wrote: »
    Thanks! Is it always like this? Would be great to have more updates on how essential travel checks done in airport. Haven't been there since Nov 2019

i've taken numerous flights from Dublin airport to England mostly, 1 to Italy, during all levels of covid including level 5, nothing ever said.

Leo the leak desperate to prevent people from flying, it's our own aviation and tourist sectors which will suffer when people just go up to Belfast to fly to sun destinations , as sone are afraid to use Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭dodzy

What if Spain only allow vaccinated people in.

Kids won't be vaccinated.

They won’t be that stupid. Kids will be fine. They’d be only shooting themselves in the foot when international travel kicks off if they were to apply that logic.

Caranica wrote: »

Belfast international and city airports in for a very busy summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It seems to me that it's a ploy to get people to "staycation" this summer to help the economy. My OH is in Spain and I haven't been over to her in almost a year. She's able to go out to the pub etc at pretty much everything is open there. I'll be fully vaccinated in the coming month so I don't see why the government should be trying to fine me for traveling.

If needs be then I'll go via London or Belfast but it's ridiculous when the rest of Europe is going to be open for travel this summer.

It seems to me that it's a ploy to get people to "staycation" this summer to help the economy. My OH is in Spain and I haven't been over to her in almost a year. She's able to go out to the pub etc at pretty much everything is open there. I'll be fully vaccinated in the coming month so I don't see why the government should be trying to fine me for traveling.

If needs be then I'll go via London or Belfast but it's ridiculous when the rest of Europe is going to be open for travel this summer.

jaysus thats crazy you havent seen your missus in a whole year and the relationship is still going well, fair play you dont often hear of that thesedays.

Just get yourself to Spain and dont even think about it, these lockdown fanatics will come up with anything to prevent us from living life, the rest of Europe will be compl;etely back to nornal and NPHET and co will be dreaming up scare stories

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

McSween wrote: »

You will be fine - most of European adults will be fully vaccinated by then.

I'm taking my 5 and 3 year olds to Portugal in late August for 2 weeks, can't wait!

You will be fine - most of European adults will be fully vaccinated by then.

I'm taking my 5 and 3 year olds to Portugal in late August for 2 weeks, can't wait!

Not worried about vaccines for the kids? My wife is fully vaccinated, I’m hopeful of getting mine soon, might just leave the kids at home!

Not worried about vaccines for the kids? My wife is fully vaccinated, I’m hopeful of getting mine soon, might just leave the kids at home!

What's to be worried about. Europe are not currently vaccinating children and they are very low risk of getting sick from COVID.

Worst case scenario i may need PCR tests for them, which isn't an issue.

What's to be worried about. Europe are not currently vaccinating children and they are very low risk of getting sick from COVID.

Worst case scenario i may need PCR tests for them, which isn't an issue.

That they may change their approach and say everyone needs be vaccinated entering their country, be it adults or children.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Caranica wrote: »

None of this makes sense to me.
    I think we have signed up to the Europe travel passport so i m thinking there will be a pan European arrangement.
    Is Leo saying that we sign-up and then ignore the agreement we are signing up to...

• Advertisement

That they may change their approach and say everyone needs be vaccinated entering their country, be it adults or children.

That's a silly thing to say - will never happen. Sure children's vaccines aren't even available FFS.

Won't happen in 2021 anyway and im going in August so do not care.

Advertisement