Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car seat covers

Options
  • 16-05-2021 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I'm looking for a cover for back seat of a car. Preferably ones that zip up at the sides so the dog is fully enclosed, but not covered on top if that makes sense.
    I've looked online but most of them seem to be coming from Europe or China. And the prices and reviews vary hugely.
    We had one which we were using today but its slightly too small for the car (Mercedes saloon) and the poor thing had a bit of an accident. Its also open at the sides and we had a bit of leakage. TMI I know. :-)
    Made for a very smelly journey till we could find somewhere to pull in and sort things out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I use a deep dog bed with dog blanket over it combined with a seatbelt attachment to the collar/harness.

And any longish journey would have pitstops

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Darc19 wrote: »
    I use a deep dog bed with dog blanket over it combined with a seatbelt attachment to the collar/harness.

And any longish journey would have pitstops

Just to clarify, it was only a 40 min journey and she had done her business before we left.
    It was just one of those things that can happen.

I'd be looking for a material that we could wipe down rather than blankets and beds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

We got ours on Amazon.

Its around 3 years old but it's still in good condition used for a GSD who does be wet and muddy at times.
    My car has cream leather and is perfect when you remove the cover, and is machine washable.

Think it was around €30 or 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have the hammock version of this one about 10 years - I had bought a few cheaper ones in Aldi/Lidl before then and all broke. I lay it flat as a boot liner these days and it’s brilliant - no worries the wet soaking through.

https://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/car_bed/car_seat_mats/129693

Advertisement