Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can we fly to Spain.

• 20-04-2021 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

When will restrictions on flying to spain be lifted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Irish restrictions, Spanish restrictions, or both?

Spain doesn't restrict irish travellers but many regions in Spain do.

While some ppl are scared to go to the airport, flying from belfast may be more palatable for some even if not as convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

antix80 wrote: »
    Irish restrictions, Spanish restrictions, or both?

Spain doesn't restrict irish travellers but many regions in Spain do.

While some ppl are scared to go to the airport, flying from belfast may be more palatable for some even if not as convenient

Im in Spain meself, hoping the son comes out soon. I'm here since August. Problem is son is waiting on level 5 to be lifted so he can get his passport, had applied but level 5 kicked in and all passports on hold.

Local airport is malaga, Ryanair flights stíl flying in here from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Balls. I applied 04/01/2021 and thank god they processed it.

Flights are so cheap. Im meant to to fly home on 7th.. Paid €50 with priority boarding, 2x cabin bags and one checked bag. Now ryanair monkey with their fees but that is dirt cheap.

I think your son should book his flight now ahead of the rush. Ryanair are flexible.

I'd rather be in mainland Spain rn but i dont love their restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,029 ✭✭✭✭neris

There are no restrictions on flying to Spain just the crap of dealing with the gardai at the airport. my parents are down there since September and having a great time rubbing our noses in it that theyve been out to bars and restaurants and meeting friends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Aviation around Europe is open... ( except in the isle of saints and scholars )

Active flights a few minutes ago :

551241.png

The way the residents of this country are being treated by the countries leaders is disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭colly10

neris wrote: »
    There are no restrictions on flying to Spain just the crap of dealing with the gardai at the airport.

Think they’ll be hanging round much longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

0lddog wrote: »

551241.png

The way the residents of this country are being treated by the countries leaders is disgraceful

How many people on those flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Is it possible to fly via Belfast or do they share data with the authorities down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

How many people on those flights?

Ryans and Easy Fairly busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Is it possible to fly via Belfast or do they share data with the authorities down here.

To/From Dublin easier, Im just back from canaries , getting busy there at last, Great week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,029 ✭✭✭✭neris

colly10 wrote: »
    Think they’ll be hanging round much longer?

If talk from mehole is foreign holidays late summer/autumn ive no doubt they,ll be there till then and even then i wouldnt ne surprised if they hang around to give lectures

I see in the news that we are lifting lots of restrictions but no actual mention of coming out of level 5,which is needed for passport office to open.

I know some people are getn passports back. But if further docs are required, i.e. correct photo it will not be done until level 5 is lifted.

There seems to be no clear indication of the actual levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

Widely reported that passport production is to be deemed essential.

Caranica wrote: »
    Widely reported that passport production is to be deemed essential.

Also reported that passport office to be reopened when we come out of level 5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

551241.png

great to see so many flights.

the lies and scaremongering about travel is shocking, it's safer to fly than go to tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

great to see so many flights.

the lies and scaremongering about travel is shocking, it's safer to fly than go to tesco.

The picture that you quoted was from a couple of weeks ago, much busier now ( except when it comes to The Sainted Isle )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Sono

I’m tempted to book a holiday to Spain end of august for a week or 2, it’s slightly risky but I think things might be ok by then, prices are good but will soar once any travel announcement is made.

Anyone else take a punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Sono wrote: »
    I’m tempted to book a holiday to Spain end of august for a week or 2, it’s slightly risky but I think things might be ok by then, prices are good but will soar once any travel announcement is made.

Anyone else take a punt?

I did, for exactly the reason you quote - I feared exploitation once the floodgates open. Used a credit note for a 2019 booking (for 2020) that I can reuse if necessary. Car hire comes with cancellation within 48 hours of collection and daytime flights were €200 return for 2 to Girona but I didn't book cases yet.

If I have to I'll use change the flights for a date later in the year and go across to the mainland and take in a match or 2.

I want to go as many others do too but I don’t want to end up with a holiday headache I could have easily avoided! If I can convince herself to go I reckon I’ll book.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Wat's happening regarding the restrictions to needing a valid excuse to fly out?
    The government don't seem to be too keen on allowing vaccinated people to travel as an example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,849 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Wat's happening regarding the restrictions to needing a valid excuse to fly out?
    The government don't seem to be too keen on allowing vaccinated people to travel as an example.

They will lift restrictions when we are >80% vaccinated.

They can't lift restrictions for vaccinated people because "we are all in this together" and I'd be seriously pissed off if vaccinated people got more freedoms than unvaccinated. People sacrificed a lot to protect the vulnerable, now the vulnerable can wait a few more months.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squelch666

What is cancellation policy with Ryanair aerlingus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Del2005 wrote: »

Oof! That sucks, with only 10% done so far.

Is there an article that mentions that 80% figure?

They can't lift restrictions for vaccinated people because "we are all in this together" and I'd be seriously pissed off if vaccinated people got more freedoms than unvaccinated. People sacrificed a lot to protect the vulnerable, now the vulnerable can wait a few more months.

Says who exactly?

If I had the jab and I had to wait until 80% Vaccinated I would be extremely pissed off, no one knows what the uptake is going to be like with the younger population, my guess is it will be low, no way we will wait until 80%, I’ll be shocked if this is true

• Registered Users Posts: 81,016 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

July 5th would be my guess for no fines to be issued for you travelling to Spain from Ireland for non essential travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

551241.png

Have you heard of Covid?

Relax the kaks for a month or two when the vaccination benefit will be in full swing. Travelling now for non essential stuff is stupid at the moment, nothing to do with the government

• Registered Users Posts: 18,849 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

accensi0n wrote: »
    Oof! That sucks, with only 10% done so far.

Is there an article that mentions that 80% figure?

70% to 80% is usually considered herd immunity, obviously the higher the better. If we let people travel and they bring back the virus before we have herd immunity then we could have another wave.
    Sono wrote: »
    Says who exactly?

If I had the jab and I had to wait until 80% Vaccinated I would be extremely pissed off, no one knows what the uptake is going to be like with the younger population, my guess is it will be low, no way we will wait until 80%, I’ll be shocked if this is true

The vast majority of the population had very little risk from Covid yet they've followed the rules to protect the tiny minority who were at risk. The minority can now wait a few months for the majority to get vaccinated, as the majority have protected them for over a year.

The chances of variants coming back if we don't have herd immunity buts the vulnerable back at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

70% to 80% is usually considered herd immunity, obviously the higher the better.

So is there a statement from the government or some article you can point to that said restrictions will be lifted when we have herd immunity?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭KaneToad

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I see in the news that we are lifting lots of restrictions but no actual mention of coming out of level 5,which is needed for passport office to open.

I know some people are getn passports back. But if further docs are required, i.e. correct photo it will not be done until level 5 is lifted.

There seems to be no clear indication of the actual levels.

I got a new passport online, old one had expired. It arrived 48 hours after application. You take the photo yourself. It won't let you upload a 'bad' photo.

No mention of essential travel required..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

KaneToad wrote: »
    I got a new passport online, old one had expired. It arrived 48 hours after application. You take the photo yourself. It won't let you upload a 'bad' photo.

No mention of essential travel required..

Many passports require supporting information, additional documents or new photos. New photos are often for babies and small children.

It is not the Passport Office's duty to inform you about travel.

Advertisement