Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Erasmus Credits?

• 09-11-2015 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,
    So I'm on my Erasmus in Venice, and I'm taking classes that add up to 38 credits.
    Two are worth 6 each and the other two are worth 12 each.
    I have managed to organise them, so that I can take all the exams before I leave in December, but one lecturer is being fussy and wont let me sit the exam until January (the class that's worth 12 credits).
    But I don't want to have to fly back for one exam. Its too expensive and a waste of time, but if I don't fly back, I'm loosing 12 credits, and I'm down to 24 total.
    So, I was just wondering if any of you know if I would be able to pass the Erasmus semester with just 24 credits? If not, can I make up the extra credits back home? And will it affect my QCA?
    I'm and Joint Honours student, and an access student...so realistically my degree isn't too strict and i really can't afford to fly back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

bexter94 wrote: »
    Hey,
    So I'm on my Erasmus in Venice, and I'm taking classes that add up to 38 credits.
    I have managed to organise them, so that I can take all the exams before I leave in December, but one lecturer is being fussy and wont let me sit the exam until January (the class that's worth 12 credits).
    But I don't want to have to fly back for one exam. Its too expensive and a waste of time, but if I don't fly back, I'm loosing 12 credits, and I'm down to 24 total.
    So, I was just wondering if any of you know if I would be able to pass the Erasmus semester with just 24 credits? If not, can I make up the extra credits back home? And will it affect my QCA?
    I'm and Joint Honours student, and an access student...so realistically my degree isn't too strict and i really can't afford to fly back.

Two of my friends failed exams on their Erasmus and so didn't get the credits they needed and the Erasmus office in UL just made them write a paper or something to make it up. They don't tell you this because they don't want to promote failure on Erasmus but yeah. Unless things have changed, this is what happens.

I also couldn't afford to fly back for mine but I ended up staying over Christmas - couldn't even afford to see my family at Christmas time - so I stayed and did my exams. Most people do and if you get the Erasmus grant, the money from that normally covers it.

I'd e-mail the Erasmus office, say you are worried about failing and what is the procedure if this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bexter94

Yeah, I actually, FINALLY, got through to the erasmus office today, and they said I only need the 24 credits. So was worrying for nothing. At least I can actually relax now and enjoy this waste of time a bit more :D
    Thanks for the reply :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Yeah, I actually, FINALLY, got through to the erasmus office today, and they said I only need the 24 credits. So was worrying for nothing. At least I can actually relax now and enjoy this waste of time a bit more :D
    Thanks for the reply :D

That's great :D So glad you got it sorted!
    No problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JKoumas93

Hey,

You'll be fine :)

Advertisement