1. Predict the IMT, mean temperature at five locations in Ireland (Claremorris, Casement, Mullingar, Oak Park, Shannon) for September, 2020. The 1981-2010 "normal" value is 13.1 deg C.
2. Predict the MAX temperature at any regularly reporting Met-E station as reported in the Monthly Summary (and daily in the "yesterday's weather" section of their website), during September.
3. Predict the MIN temperature during September (see 2 above for overview).
4. Predict the PRC (rainfall at this time of year) as a percentage of normal values (1981-2010) at eleven locations, namely Ballyhaise, Cork, Malin Head, Belmullet, Cork, Johnstown Castle, and the five locations for the IMT (section 1 above), during September.
5. Predict the SUN (sunshine) as a percentage of normal values (1981-2010) at six locations, Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork and Valentia, during September.
6. BONUS -- We have not had a really short-range forecasting challenge in a while, so for this month, predict the amount of rain (mm) expected on Wed 2nd at Dublin (A) and Cork (A). Anyone entering the contest after 0300h 2nd will score zero but the late penalties will be relaxed slightly to compensate. If you enter sooner but wish to amend your short-range forecast then either edit your post or send me a PM or post again.
Deadline will be 0300h Tuesday 1st. In view of the bonus penalty, the overall late penalties will be 1 point per six hours to 0300h 2nd (and these can still enter the bonus), then just the 10 points for missing the bonus to 0300h 3rd, then adding 1 point per hour after that for any really late entries.