Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government exemptions from seeking planning permission.

• 08-05-2021 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭

When the Thornton Hall prison construction project was announced for the first time, I read that, if I remember correctly, the Department of Justice was exempt from having to get planning permission.

In relation to where the Trident submarines would go if Scotland become independent, there is a question of whether the British defence ministry would get planning permission for having a new base constructed in England for the submarines.

If the Irish justice department doesn't have to get planning permission, does that mean that the Irish and British defence departments are also exempt from that requirement, given that justice and defence have state security in common?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They aren't exempt, certain types of projects are subject to different procedures. I don't know what those procedures are.

Advertisement