Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Package lost by An Post

Options
  • 03-05-2021 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Last November I ordered a pair of Dr Martens boots from Dr Martens themselves. They arrived, were too small so I sent them back to Dr Martens in the Netherlands via An Post. They never arrived to their headquarters and so I never got any refund from Dr Martens. I foolishly never registered the package so is any way to be compensated or for An Post to be held accountable? I opened a case with them but they said they could not find the parcel and sent me 4 complimentary stamps. The boots cost 180 euro so am pretty annoyed. Lesson learned re getting post registered but is there anything I can do in this instance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The short answer is, no. Not registered or insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

In future always pay with PayPal where possible and sign up for PayPal refunded returns. You get 12 returns a year for up to €30 each.

I've used it a few times, it's very handy. €30 will cover An Post registered post for most things to Europe or UPS Standard which is my preferred method.

Advertisement