Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clear Sent Messages from my PMs?

• 20-04-2021 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Good morning,

Sorry if I'm missing something very simple but can you please tell me how to clear my Sent Messages? I can delete received PMs but there is not the same option for ones I've sent.
    Instead it saves 5 pages of messages, starting from the oldest, so does not show any of the most recent.

Thank you

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

When you are in the PM inbox, you will see this at the top of the page:

550769.png

If you click on the small arrow next to DATE it will reverse the order of the messages for you, you can have oldest first or newest first.

If you click on the box next to the number of messages (4,222 in the image) this selects all PMs on the page and you can select to delete these from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately you can only do this page by page so if you have a large number of PMs to clear it might take a little while to get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Thanks Niamh, that's great. I use the touch site but was able to view/arrange/delete on the full site.

Thanks again.

If you click on the box next to the number of messages (4,222 in the image) this selects all PMs on the page and you can select to delete these from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately you can only do this page by page so if you have a large number of PMs to clear it might take a little while to get done.

Good morning Niamh,

I did delete all Sent messages yesterday, so box is now clear. It only held around 60 so storage was not the issue...

I have since sent new messages yet they do not appear in Sent???
    Can you tell me if I'm m I missing something please?
    Thank you

To save on storage, saving sent items is turned off by default. However you can update that in the User Control Panel by going to the Messaging & Notifications tab (second one down here) and ticking the box next to "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" then click Save Changes.

Huzzah! Thank you!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement