Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advance Passenger Information - Middle name

• 17-04-2021 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I booked a flight to New York for next February through aer lingus for me and my partner. When booking I just entered her first name and surname. I just noticed today when I went to enter the API that she has her middle name on her passport. The API says that the name must match the passport. Do I need to contact aer lingus to include her middle name before completing the API?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

snypers12 wrote: »
    I booked a flight to New York for next February through aer lingus for me and my partner. When booking I just entered her first name and surname. I just noticed today when I went to enter the API that she has her middle name on her passport. The API says that the name must match the passport. Do I need to contact aer lingus to include her middle name before completing the API?

I think you've answered your own question - API must match passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭snypers12

I think you've answered your own question - API must match passport.

This was taken from aer lingus website though

“ If the name in your booking does not match how it appears on your passport, you can request a correction, please contact us. Please note that the first and last names must match your valid form of ID, but the absence or presence of middle names on your booking does not require correction”

This is why I’m confused. If it was a European flight I wouldn’t be worried but just wondering if this will effect a US flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Well your ESTA is going to have to match your passport so why not request a correction?

Advertisement