Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2022 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dropkick Murphys gig would be a laugh id say

No bother picking up tickets id say closer to the event if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i would take nightclubs and smaller venues open first before festivals. Any word on nightclubs ? i heard leo varadker mention normality in August surely that means the club scene opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mountcharles being interviewed on RTE radio 1 now. Its been in news before but says he is hoping for 2 shows at Slane next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Couldnt find a wishlist thread but I'd love if Mdou Moctar comes and plays in the summer of 22

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Was looking forward to seeing Jimmy Carr in Castlebar or Sligo in October/November (not many acts I'd care to see venture out west) but seemingly his Irish tour has been moved to next May. Was this really necessary? Surely we'll be well clear of the woods in 5/6 months?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Was looking forward to seeing Jimmy Carr in Castlebar or Sligo in October/November (not many acts I'd care to see venture out west) but seemingly his Irish tour has been moved to next May. Was this really necessary? Surely we'll be well clear of the woods in 5/6 months?:confused:
    He has lots of UK dates which have been moved to Oct-Dec (most originally from autumn/winter 2020, but some from around now too).
    A few seem to have been cancelled outright too. Moving so many dates is a logistically nightmare as some venues may already be booked for other acts on random dates, and it makes no sense to be criss-crossing the country every few days.

https://www.overdrive.ie/less-than-jake-announce-their-returns-to-ireland-details-here/

Less Than Jake

29th March- Voodoo Lounge Dublin
    30th March- Limelight 2 Belfast

Happy with this, its a bit freaky that I only got back listening to them 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

E17JPJlX0AIGXAJ?format=jpg&name=900x900
    On sale Fri 28th May

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Billie Eilish for the 3Arena 4th & 5th of June 2022

How's the Voodoo Lounge ??

Heard of the it no idea what it's like or where it is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How's the Voodoo Lounge ??

Heard of the it no idea what it's like or where it is ?

Sh1te, been to countless metal gigs there over the years it's by far my least favourite venue in Dublin.

Sh1te, been to countless metal gigs there over the years it's by far my least favourite venue in Dublin.

Ah sure i suppose it will do for Less Than Jake

Should be good craic

Ah sure i suppose it will do for Less Than Jake

Should be good craic

It's grand for what it is, a cheep enough room to rent for gigs, it's deceptively big inside but you'd probably wanna hope it doesn't sell well the place turn's into an absolute sweatbox when full. black walls,no windows and the door is as far away from the stage as possible and will likely be shut. Sound is by hit or miss depending on who sets is up can be anywhere between okay and truely awful bordering inaudible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah a very unappealing venue for sure a kip, easy to get to though 10-15 mins walk from O' Connell bridge along the quays or/ just around the corner from the Smithfield luas stop.

Don't recall issues with sound any of the multiple shows so it has does have that going for it I guess, have they not gotten rid of that pillar in the centre still?

I see Evergrey are down to play there in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭fafy

ts_editor wrote: »
    E17JPJlX0AIGXAJ?format=jpg&name=900x900
    On sale Fri 28th May

We must be getting back to normal !, 3 pre-sales for this:

Wednesday 9am - album purchasers presale
    Wednesday 9am - Three Presale
    Thursday 9am - MCD Presale

Yeah a very unappealing venue for sure a kip, easy to get to though 10-15 mins walk from O' Connell bridge along the quays or/ just around the corner from the Smithfield luas stop.

Don't recall issues with sound any of the multiple shows so it has does have that going for it I guess, have they not gotten rid of that pillar in the centre still?

I see Evergrey are down to play there in October.

Was there last time I was in for gig so I'd image its still there.

Future Islands playing Belfast and Dublin in March. https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1396828911758155776?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Eod100 wrote: »
    Future Islands playing Belfast and Dublin in March. https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1396828911758155776?s=19

Got my presale tickets today. Mother of God, can't wait for it.

Vicar Street is the perfect venue for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

A pity they aren't playing the Opera House in Cork again, that was some gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

So I presume there good live? I don't know many of their songs apart from seasons change.

• Advertisement

2022 looking good for me so far (touch wood), real travel back to my teens

29th March- Less Than Jake- Voodoo Lounge
    24th May- My Chemical Romance- Kilmainham Hospital
    27th June- Hella Mega Tour RDS

Is presale through their site? Only saw them at a festival once, think EP but ya say Vicar St would be pretty class!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

billyhead wrote: »
    So I presume there good live? I don't know many of their songs apart from seasons change.
    Eod100 wrote: »
    Is presale through their site? Only saw them at a festival once, think EP but ya say Vicar St would be pretty class!

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/future-islands-dublin-28-03-2022/event/18005AB3E8402180?did=elaserp

Code is OUTINSP4CE

They are one of the best bands live going. Have seen them three times before in Dublin and if I saw them once a year, it still wouldn't be enough. Sam Herrings energy on stage is unique and mesmerising. Would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

well there be ANY gigs in ireland in 2021? or is it all gone? will there be small gigs even in vicar st? even coppers would do at this stage.......

Dickie10 wrote: »
    well there be ANY gigs in ireland in 2021? or is it all gone? will there be small gigs even in vicar st? even coppers would do at this stage.......

Really really hoping there will be as I have a few from September onwards but my confidence is lower as each weeks goes by as the health officials are so cautious about mass gatherings

Let's hope we have an idea will be given this week

Dickie10 wrote: »

Talk of test indoor and outdoor gigs in June and July. Hopefully means some outdoor gigs can happen in summer and indoor in autumn say. Unclear how big gigs will be yet but it's something at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

hynesie08 wrote: »

Very surprised they didn't include a 3Arena date this time round. Looking at the schedule hard to see them fitting Dublin for logistical reasons because it could mean 3 shows in a row

Saw them in 2017 there and then in Marlay Park the year after both great nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Very surprised they didn't include a 3Arena date this time round. Looking at the schedule hard to see them fitting Dublin for logistical reasons because it could mean 3 shows in a row

I think it could be due to the stage layout, there seems to be a bit of a runway .
    They were able to shorten the runway the last time to fit the stage in but perhaps its not feasible on this tour.

Advertisement