Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Las Vegas Sept 2021

Options
  • 11-11-2020 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Was just looking at going to Las Vegas and seen that there was a travel agent doing 4 night accom in the Luxor Hotel and flights (dallas then to Las Vegas) all in at €500.

Seems very good value - whats the catch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Covid 19

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Luap wrote: »
    whats the catch?
    Nevada health response site. USA leads the world in total number of deaths at 288,906. .

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

I live in Las Vegas. 500E including flights is a pretty good deal I have to say, however a couple of things to bear in mind:

Las Vegas in September is still likely to be mad hot by Irish standards. Later in the month would be better than early September, but you could still be looking at days over 40 celsius if you're unlucky and it's almost certainly going to be in the 30s. Hotel wise the Luxor is pretty so-so by Vegas standards. It's an older hotel and hasn't been renovated in a good while, doesn't have a great pool or great shops/bars/restaurants. It's also pretty far south on the strip, a good walk from most of the other hotels you'll be wanting to hang out in. A better bet for a budget option is the Flamingo in my opinion - bang in the middle of the strip, nice pool and their upgraded rooms are decent.

Overall though, 500 Euros all in is a pretty amazing deal if it's round trip from Ireland - you'd usually pay that in flights alone. Can I ask why you're going to Dallas? Unless you've got relatives there or something it would be a strong avoid for me. One of the most characterless cities in America, just an endless suburban sprawl with a boring downtown/financial district in the middle. Or are you saying you just have a connecting flight via Dallas? In which case fine.

As for covid - the city is wide open and has been for months. Case numbers here are down to almost nothing and continue to dwindle, masks are optional pretty much everywhere now as long as you're vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

There doesn’t seem to be a huge push to lift the proclamation banning travel from Europe yet though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Some states have reached or surpassed Biden's 70 percent vaccination goal. Unfortunately, not all have, with some southern and midwestern states at only half or below. California claims over 70 percent vaxxed, and had opened June 15. Masking and social distancing almost absent during July 4th holiday weekend. Will there be a Delta spike? Only time will tell. Las Vegas gets tourists from everywhere domestically, so their exposure is greater to the plague.

• Advertisement

"Do not travel to Ireland due to COVID-19." The flip side by US Dept of State. August 2, 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Not looking good for September.i had booked nyc for 10th. I guess they will announce something next week as the ban stays until aug21st so they might give an indication of their plans as to when they might open.

Advertisement