Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premiership Rugby 2020-2021

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Were we expecting Sale to be absolutely annihilating Bristol!?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,950 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Were we expecting Sale to be absolutely annihilating Bristol!?

Yeah, that's basically Bristol 2nds apart from Earl.... And sale having lost two in a row since the restart, it was very much a must win game for them.

15min hat trick for ollie Thorley today for glaws

sydthebeat wrote: »
    15min hat trick for ollie Thorley today for glaws

4 in 22 mins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭OldRio

Spectators allowed in at Quinns v Bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Owen Farrell high tackle against Wasps' Watkinson. Straight red.

https://streamable.com/lhnuc3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

cost them the game too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

cost them the game too

Interestingly, the game was very much in the balance still at that point.

That was the first choice Saracens line up too. I presume this was their practice run for Leinster and they'll rest them next week.

Bristol up 21 - 3 after 19 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

These games are garbage.

These games are garbage.

there’s been about 5 half decent games in the premiership since it came back. so many scratch sides and throwing of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Owen Farrell hearing ongoing

He must have brought a four course meal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Farrell banned until October 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

5 match ban - misses the remainder of Saracens season.
    6 match ban - sees him miss the Barbarians game
    7 match ban - sees him miss the Italy game

So 5 matches punishes him without hurting England. Possibly tin foil hat stuff, but there you go. A full reduction despite having a previous ban for a dangerous hit doesn't make complete sense to me.

molloyjh wrote: »

So 5 matches punishes him without hurting England. Possibly tin foil hat stuff, but there you go. A full reduction despite having a previous ban for a dangerous hit doesn't make complete sense to me.

5 match ban is more then I expected. I was convinced it would be 6 weeks cut to 3 weeks.

The mitigation is an absolute joke, they just decided to ignore his previous ban and WTF they have his charities involved in the hearing I do not know, but it's about as long as anyone could have expected imo.

molloyjh wrote: »

oh no, no tin foil hat stuff, you’re dead on. i think if there was any way to get him to play against Leinster they would but i guess there’s no way they could spin the England captain swinging his arm into the side of the head of a young player because he was frustrated as deserving of a 1 week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Watching some of last night's action - Big gap between teams in top half of table and those in bottom half. Leicester, once a great side, are looking particularly out of their depth while London Irish despite some decent signings are struggling too. Exeter, Sale, Wasps, Bristol and Bath all looking impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The congestion in fixtures seems to have created a Top14 type situation where the rotation of lineups and haphazard scorelines suggests that teams are targeting certain games and throwing others.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Venjur wrote: »

This was inevitable when you have the revolving door Leicester had in the off-season / lockdown.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2020%E2%80%9321_Premiership_Rugby_transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_(rugby_union)

Shame this guy can't save them from that which must not be named.

The schedule since the restart has been so full that it's made a mockery of the competition. Teams actively throwing games as a method of being pragmatic.
    The only team that really tried to make their squad 50/50 of starters and reserves were saints who have lost 5 from 6 since the restart, and are currently 13 - 3 down to Leicester.

Today wasps hosted Bristol. Wasps firsts versus bears seconds. Wasps had the TBP after 17 minutes!

All they've been doing since is basically keeping bears at arms length... It's currently 59 - 28

These are two playoff competitors.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,617 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leicester are a tremendously dumb side. Lavanini was binned for repeated infringements on their own try line. Northampton kicked to the line and 30 seconds later they collapse the lineout drive, concede a penalty try and get another yellow. Now they have to play 10 minutes with 13 men.

And in the 8 minutes from the yellows to half time Leicester manage to outscore Northampton 3-0 despite being down to 13 men. Northampton look dreadful.

Hopefully Byrne gets an extension on his Bristol contract. Think it's just a loan currently.

https://twitter.com/BristolBears/status/1305133927695290368?s=19

That gigantic left wing who plays for NH is unbelievably average.

Glaws couldn't score in a brothel ......

https://twitter.com/nesw2019/status/1305610442719604737?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I see Andy Goode supported the ban.

Basically a case of Goode, the ban and the rugby.

Advertisement