Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

marno21 wrote: »
    The Air Corps aircraft have ADS-B but are no longer displayed on FR24 similar to other military aircraft. They do show on ADSBExchange. The Garda helicopters and the Casa don’t show either but the PC9s, the new PC12 and the Learjet (only shows type) do appear on FR24.

Spot on. As regards coastguard,EI-ICS,ICU,ICA and ICG all show now on flightradar 24 as will ICD in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

SVA3081 HZ-AR23 B787-900 heading for Dublin with ETA 1230

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Spot on. As regards coastguard,EI-ICS,ICU,ICA and ICG all show now on flightradar 24 as will ICD in the next few weeks.

Yup, 3 of them visible now with ADS-B

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Thanks for that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Thanks for that info.

No problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Air India meant to be coming into DUB on 23 and 25 May for cargo.
    AI1197 and AI1199 on flightradar.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Jacovs wrote: »
    Air India meant to be coming into DUB on 23 and 25 May for cargo.
    AI1197 and AI1199 on flightradar.

They're repatriation flights rather than cargo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Noxegon

They're repatriation flights rather than cargo

Self-loading freight.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

EI-ICU heading to Galway University Hospital from Inishbofin after originally taken off from Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Azerbaijan B788 heading into DUB now from Baku.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    EI-ICU heading to Galway University Hospital from Inishbofin after originally taken off from Sligo.

After Rescue 118 departed Air Corps 112 came in twice, so busy in UHG they will have to put in a control tower. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

EI9020 DUB-PEK departed DUB 20 minutes ago, now circling off Dublin bay. Whats up i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

EI9020 DUB-PEK departed DUB 20 minutes ago, now circling off Dublin bay. Whats up i wonder?

Seems to be on its way now - gaining height and speed

OAE559 just landed at Shannon

Storm 10 wrote: »
    After Rescue 118 departed Air Corps 112 came in twice, so busy in UHG they will have to put in a control tower. :D

And busy last night also.

https://connachttribune.ie/gardai-investigate-serious-assault-on-inis-mor-900/

Jet2 Holidays G-GRTG departed Manchester.
    Heading for Cork?

Currently passing Waterford

Can anyone explain this flight?

Departed Manchester circled around twice south of Cork and then traveled south west and disappears.

Only new to FR, but I am finding it very unreliable.

If you search for G-GRTG and replay it’s flight, Manchester to supposedly Birmingham you will see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

Jet2 Holidays G-GRTG departed Manchester.
    Heading for Cork?

Currently passing Waterford

Can anyone explain this flight?

Departed Manchester circled around twice south of Cork and then traveled south west and disappears.

Only new to FR, but I am finding it very unreliable.

If you search for G-GRTG and replay it’s flight, Manchester to supposedly Birmingham you will see what I mean.

Looks like it's G-DRTG and it's on the way back to the North Devon coast as EXS051B. It only disappeared because FR24 doesn't have coverage out into the ocean, and given that the normal schedules have been thrown out the window a lot of FR24's guesses of destinations are quite wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

It's a test or other non-revenue flight. EXS do these regularly out of MAN as required and that callsign format is typical for such flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

That happened three years ago look at the date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

According to RTE, Door fell of Air Corps AW139 over Dublin school tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    According to RTE, Door fell of Air Corps AW139 over Dublin school tonight.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058079903

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ph-law

Any know why this light aircraft keeps flying over Meath and Dublin for the past few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭b318isp

Any know why this light aircraft keeps flying over Meath and Dublin for the past few days?

Aerial survey, although how they are keeping a camera stable in these winds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

PH-LAW over the house today, must be hard work in that wind you can visually see the wings rocking all over the place every time they pass by

49922461398_8099fd54ec_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

b318isp wrote: »
    Aerial survey, although how they are keeping a camera stable in these winds...

I’d assume there’s some sort of gyro stabilisation on the camera, though who knows what the limits of that are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

First thing I noticed is that article is from 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

faoiarvok wrote: »
    I’d assume there’s some sort of gyro stabilisation on the camera, though who knows what the limits of that are.

If its a dedicated Digital camera or LIDAR scanner then it will be gyro stabilised. Having flown survey for an Irish company in the past, our limits where plus/minus 5 degrees in pitch and roll. I can't recall the speed limitation but it was based on ground speed. Camera system could cope with up to 20 degree drift in a crosswind situation.

Sorties were flown at 8000 feet (FL080) if the weather was good enough. At 3000 feet if not but the amount of lines flown was usually trebled.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Aerotranscargo of Moldova bringing at 747 to SNN later today ER-BBJ due around 1430.

There is also two Air tractor aircraft due from Canada this evening filed on flight radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

BZ wrote: »
    Aerotranscargo of Moldova bringing at 747 to SNN later today ER-BBJ due around 1430.

There is also two Air tractor aircraft due from Canada this evening filed on flight radar.

ER-BBJ B744 @1425
    N8522M AT8T @ 1730
    N10028 AT8T @ 1740

Advertisement