15-04-2020, 22:23   #16
Ciarrai76

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ciarraioch View Post
Interesting map of Covid cases released by HSE to journalists - when you expand the Kerry section, it's clear there have been cases in virtually every parish:

https://twitter.com/ciananbrennan/st...38838918344705
Looks like a lot in Tralee or surrounding areas of the town! Would be interesting to see more of a breakdown of the county.
Advertisement
15-04-2020, 23:32   #17
Ciarrai76

The Kerryman have a closer look at the cases in Kerry. Definitely a big cluster of cases in the Tralee area & surrounds

https://www.facebook.com/kerryman.of...506216/?type=3
Thanks from:
16-04-2020, 10:00   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarrai76 View Post
Looks like a lot in Tralee or surrounding areas of the town! Would be interesting to see more of a breakdown of the county.
I believe that is the breakdown. It goes to show that social distance is working. Alot in Tralee as you say but you need to take into account the population there.
Did you see the twitter with all of Ireland? Dublin is infested.
Thanks from:
16-04-2020, 10:29   #19
wonga77

I wonder how accurate it really is? Seems unlikely that there would be so few cases from Killorglin all the ways to Sneem
Thanks from:
16-04-2020, 13:18   #20
DeepBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonga77 View Post
I wonder how accurate it really is? Seems unlikely that there would be so few cases from Killorglin all the ways to Sneem
Not an expert but i'd expect to see less cases in less densely populated areas and areas which wouldn't have as much traffic in from outside the area.

Would anyone have a link to the source of that twitter/kerryman image?
Advertisement
16-04-2020, 13:57   #21

Expect to see a spike in numbers next week after the tests come back from the Easter weekend.
May bank holiday coming up in a few weeks....and unless people start behaving themselves...we will most likely still be in lockdown come the June bank holiday.
16-04-2020, 14:02   #22
Ciarrai76

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post
Not an expert but i'd expect to see less cases in less densely populated areas and areas which wouldn't have as much traffic in from outside the area.

Would anyone have a link to the source of that twitter/kerryman image?
Apparently its from the HSE. I don't have a link, but its probably online somewhere.
16-04-2020, 18:23   #23
kn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podge201 View Post
I believe that is the breakdown. It goes to show that social distance is working. Alot in Tralee as you say but you need to take into account the population there.
Did you see the twitter with all of Ireland? Dublin is infested.
Hardly anything in Killarney but Tralee looks like COVID 19 central. Certainly more than other larger urbans like Waterford and Limerick.
Thanks from:
16-04-2020, 19:34   #24
An Ciarraioch

20 extra cases today, according to the digital dashboard:

http://geohive.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...f651706c223520
Advertisement
16-04-2020, 20:05   #25
Ciarrai76

More information on the Kerry locations on Radio Kerry link.

https://www.radiokerry.ie/greater-tr...-hit-covid-19/
16-04-2020, 21:43   #26
wonga77

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ciarraioch View Post
20 extra cases today, according to the digital dashboard:

http://geohive.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...f651706c223520
Is there anywhere that it tells when these tests took place roughly or are we just assuming its 2 weeks? I read about the lady on the front of the kerryman that's waiting almost 4 weeks, that's a bit farcical and not very fair on her
Thanks from:
16-04-2020, 23:10   #27
ongarboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonga77 View Post
Why would you expect low populated areas with low density to have more cases? It makes sense that Tralee and Killarney would have the most as they are larger population centres, hence more risk of spread. Some other areas like Fenit etc that seem to have a lot could have been unlucky with getting hit with infections before the lockdown took effect, the same way Lombardy in Italy was unlucky to be the first area hit.

All it would/ could take was a couple of people flying back from a ski trip in Italy or Austria back in early March for example, spreading it unknowingly to others in the village they happen to live in Kerry that would possibly explain why that village got more and another village with similar population got less or none.
Thanks from:
17-04-2020, 13:47   #28
wonga77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongarboy View Post
Why would you expect low populated areas with low density to have more cases? It makes sense that Tralee and Killarney would have the most as they are larger population centres, hence more risk of spread. Some other areas like Fenit etc that seem to have a lot could have been unlucky with getting hit with infections before the lockdown took effect, the same way Lombardy in Italy was unlucky to be the first area hit.

All it would/ could take was a couple of people flying back from a ski trip in Italy or Austria back in early March for example, spreading it unknowingly to others in the village they happen to live in Kerry that would possibly explain why that village got more and another village with similar population got less or none.
Not to have more cases but to have a few I meant. I live in south Kerry, I find it hard to believe that there's none although it would be great it its true. Despite the fact that its low populated you still had people gathering in shops and stuff and not taking the lockdown all that seriously at the start.
Killorglin to Sneem is 90km roughly, a fairly massive chunk to be staying clear.

All the same the attitude is good around here, the elderly arent rising out at all and you rarely see kids hanging around the place like you usually would
Thanks from:
17-04-2020, 14:59   #29
Ciarrai76

An updated map of Kerry from Radio Kerry:

'New COVID-19 cases in Kerry, Munster and Republic of Ireland, as per the HSE's latest data.
Grey dots are pre-reported cases and red dots are the latest confirmed cases (as per 14 April).'

17-04-2020, 15:48   #30
An Ciarraioch

On first glance, thankfully appears to be fewer reds this time?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion