Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you notice the AWD in normal driving?

Absolutely.

It has no understeer (or perhaps it has...but at a point where I haven't dared to go yet) and you can really feel everything tightening up and the push coming from behind when accelerating out of a bend right at the apex.
    This is noticeable even on a perfect, dry road and very pronounced on the damp, dirty and semi frozen surfaces we've had lately.

Great fun altogether.

Off-road (or rather on my lumpy, very slippery driveway) the AWD is perhaps a bit less aggressive than you'd like it (you'd get a bit more wheelspin than you'd expect) ...but it does the job.

On-road it's perfect ...does what I described above at speed and doesn't bind or rub when maneuvering at full lock
    It’s also the size of a toaster!
    pretty much exactly the size of a Mark 1 Golf...only a good bit taller

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it 3 cylinder?

Is it 3 cylinder?

Nope.

1242 cc four pot, naturally aspirated, no turbo, mild hybrid, 90 PS

Is that engine Fiat related? 1242 is the cc for the 8v and 16v engines since the 90s

don't think so...but Fiat and Suzuki were in bed with each other at some point so it could well be that the block came from Fiat at some stage.

It's a 16 valve btw, with dual indirect injection...but that bit is deffo Suzuki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Drove at 85 kmph (D7 gear) mostly and and got this average :)
    Mercedes C200D

0-IMG-20200125-WA0012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Don't remember it to be so filthy. 5 days after last wash!

501064.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

501065.jpg

3500 rpm in fifth(about 95Kph) seems to be the sweet spot. 50 Mpg in old money is mad for a near 30 year old 1.8 engine design. I reckon the sub 1100 kgs weight and narrow in modern terms tyres make a big diff. That's in ideal circumstances mind you. Overall driving it's averaging around 8 litres/100Km's(35 Mpg) which is still pretty bloody good, though if driven in an ahem "spirited" manner figures like 15 or more litres/100 can pop up...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Gave her her first wash at the weekend.
    I had a go in one of those last year. Feels like it's hewn from granite. Bloody lovely car to be in. :)
    My car at the moment, some fog we had this morning.]
    Very underrated car IMHO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

My 3 girls 986 S 3.2 (Summer) , 159 1750 TBI (Scar) and 166 2.5 V6 (Clima) , Had the Boxster wheels refurbished last week with new rubber all round - again used Wheel Wizards they also did my 166 last year they do fab work.

501138.JPG

501139.JPG

501140.JPG

501141.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I love those 159 wheels , what stud pattern are Alfas ?

Had to make a trip to/from Dublin with a space saver on last week, never seen such dizzy heights in MPG

mpg.jpg

Irishcrx wrote: »
    166 2.5 V6 (Clima)
    Now that's what an engine bay should look like. :)

tossy wrote: »
    I love those 159 wheels , what stud pattern are Alfas ?

Same as Opel/Saab. 5*110

You’d get them on a VW with spigot rings and wobble bolts I’d say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Same as Opel/Saab. 5*110

You’d get them on a VW with spigot rings and wobble bolts I’d say :)

The would look good on so many cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

1HCXzvi.jpg
    UyYBETy.jpg
    wyoV6fv.jpg
    Old silver look
    kdnEOqs.jpg
    New wheel nuts and a spring clean. Like the all black look. Surprised at the amount of corrosion on old silver ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Is that an 8 series in your neighbours garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Is that an 8 series in your neighbours garden?

Yeah it's a nice looking car and colour 192 I think. It's the diesel but still a lovely rumble off it on startup and idle.

Think he had a 5 series or something before it but was much older.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Permission to cross post to "Your own pictures of bad parking"

UmVUArw.jpg
    rqCq84T.jpg
    xMN7y0K.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Mud around here has been really outstanding, got some time today to give the v50 an overdue scrub.

GxFAkSV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

TeaPot918 wrote: »
    Permission to cross post to "Your own pictures of bad parking"

The only thing that could ever potentially completely ruin your posts for me, would be that it turned out you were a Healy-Rae. :pac: :P

Beautiful pictures, lovely car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Hooked

after-1.jpg

after-2.jpg

Here's my baby... An auld 2005 VW T5 panel van, DIY converted by myself to a camper. With T5.1 (2015) front end, T6 wheels and a few other bits...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I must say I though the 159 was a real beauty in the Ti spec; wish I had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hit this milestone today!

EF8083-E6-888-B-471-F-9524-92-C2047-F9212.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hit this milestone today!

Bmw e60?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hooked wrote: »
    Bmw e60?

330.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

Out with the old hot hatch (Corsa OPC) and in with the new one! I have it 2 weeks now but this weekend is the first chance I'll have to take it for a proper spin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

CR 7 wrote: »
    Out with the old hot hatch (Corsa OPC) and in with the new one! I have it 2 weeks now but this weekend is the first chance I'll have to take it for a proper spin. :D

Congrats on the new purchase, hopefully the weather improves so you can enjoy your first blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Awesome little cars these. I bought one new in 2016, I've been ruined since cos i can't go back to anything normal. Best handling FWD car I've ever driven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Well wear they are class picked my one up in July and love it. I have a dummy obd/obd relocator cable going cheap if any interest too they sent two! Good idea to have extra security on them. PM me if you want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

49538602398_09295b8096_c.jpg

Advertisement