Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunstroke 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Burty330 wrote: »
    FNM along with these bands are playing Hellfast in France.. Hopefully some get added to Sunstroke..

Judas Priest, Incubus, Korn, BABYMETAL, Deep Purple, The Offspring, Killing Joke, Social Distortion, Mastodon, Meshuggah, Sepultura, Body Count, and Baroness.

Opeth, Volbeat, Mayhem, Electric Wizard, Suicidal Tendencies, Down, Abbath, Mono, L7, OM, High on Fire, Pelican, Black Mountain, Elder, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Darkness, The Hu, At the Gates, The Black Dahlia Murder, Periphery, Alter Bridge.

Thats some lineup in France . Mouthwatering

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I wonder will single day tickets be available? No word yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mloc123 wrote: »

They showed up on website went live so I assume they will be. Will try sell weekend tickets first though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

mloc123 wrote: »

A couple of days ago it was on their site that early bird day tickets would be €69.50, regular price €79.50. But yesterday they took it down so it looks like they're hoping to shift the weekend tickets during the early bird. I'd be fairly certain that the day tickets will go on sale at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

s8n wrote: »
    Considering the links to the original festival and the fact they are in Europe, RHCP could be an option for this also

Not on the same night as FNM, anyway! Keidis and Patton have a longstanding 'thing' :p

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    They showed up on website went live so I assume they will be. Will try sell weekend tickets first though
    fyfe79 wrote: »
    A couple of days ago it was on their site that early bird day tickets would be €69.50, regular price €79.50. But yesterday they took it down so it looks like they're hoping to shift the weekend tickets during the early bird. I'd be fairly certain that the day tickets will go on sale at some point.

Cool, thanks... really I just want to see Deftones... so will hold out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Needs Biffy Clyro !!!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Wonder how they will set up punchestown for this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

DrumSteve wrote: »

They will probably erect a couple stages

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

s8n wrote: »
    They will probably erect a couple stages

Maybe the main stage will be where the 2nd stage was at Oxegen? They might use the indoor shed (that was used for the dance arena) for the 2nd stage and maybe a tent for the 3rd stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Burty330 wrote: »
    FNM along with these bands are playing Hellfast in France.. Hopefully some get added to Sunstroke..

Judas Priest, Incubus, Korn, BABYMETAL, Deep Purple, The Offspring, Killing Joke, Social Distortion, Mastodon, Meshuggah, Sepultura, Body Count, and Baroness.

Opeth, Volbeat, Mayhem, Electric Wizard, Suicidal Tendencies, Down, Abbath, Mono, L7, OM, High on Fire, Pelican, Black Mountain, Elder, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Darkness, The Hu, At the Gates, The Black Dahlia Murder, Periphery, Alter Bridge.

Got ahead of myself and thought early bird was today. Hoping for another few additions of interest. From this post, I'd love to see BABYMETAL, Mastodon, and Offspring make the journey over.

Also to bump up my own interest I'd really like to see Billy Talent (Academy show was great), A Day to Remember (never seen), and Fever 333 (saw .letlive and the frontman is great live; they're doing dates in Germany in August but otherwise no plans).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

DrumSteve wrote: »

According to Nialler9 there is 3 stages

I wish it was a one dayer though.

That was one of the deadly things about the previous sunstrokes.

Party after, home in your own bed in the morning, with a very hazey recollection of the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not gonna camp, plan is for wifey to drop us off in Naas at around midday and then pick us up at midnight from naas..

Own bed, shower, gaff, too long in the tooth for that camping shite now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not gonna camp, plan is for wifey to drop us off in Naas at around midday and then pick us up at midnight from naas..

Own bed, shower, gaff, too long in the tooth for that camping shite now

I'm hoping for a campervan area.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

FNM announced their own gigs in Glasgow , Manchester and London. Might consider going over rather than going to Sunstroke to see them.

The line-up isn't that appealing to me outside the two headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

2 tickets secured.

Ticket in the bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Woohoo, camping sorted!

Now they need to add a few more bands and make sure the sun does shine :cool:

SUNSTROKE
    Early bird weekend camping have sold out 🎸 General weekend camping on sale now http://bit.ly/SUNSTROKE-TM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Tickets sorted, can't wait to see FNM.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know they're prob limited, but great to see early bird selling. Hopefully shows a genuine interest in this type of festival and it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Bought tickets, no camping though. Here's hoping there's decent bus services.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Anyone any ideas when day ticket might appear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas when day ticket might appear?

On twitter few minutes ago...

EVENT UPDATE: Information on day-by-day lineup and tickets is coming later today!

Early bird ticket allocation is now sold out. General weekend/camping still available at https://t.co/jlDf2I7mSL https://t.co/9vJouwUOP9

SUNSTROKE-DxD-1-485x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

SATURDAY 13th JUNE

FAITH NO MORE
    THE JESUS & MARY CHAIN
    FRANK CARTER & THE RATTLESNAKES
    KILLING JOKE
    NECK DEEP
    REFUSED
    SKINDRED
    BOWLING FOR SOUP
    PUP
    NORTHLANE
    DINOSAUR PILE-UP
    PARANOID VISIONS
    VULPYNES
    THUMPER
    JOHN
    WARGASM
    CHAOS 8
    SLYRYDES

SUNDAY 14th JUNE

DEFTONES
    GOJIRA
    BLACK VEIL BRIDES
    THE HU
    HELMET
    WHILE SHE SLEEPS
    THE SCRATCH
    FIRE FROM THE GODS
    FANGCLUB
    BITCH FALCON
    DEAD LABEL
    LOATHE
    TEMPT
    SENZAR
    GREYFACE

Looks like they will need to pad out Sunday a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a campervan area.

So, it turns out that you have to buy a weekend camping ticket and a separate campervan ticket. The weekend camping ticket is €170...and the campervan ticket is another €80...!? WTF?! Campervan owners clean up after themselves and don't leave tents and ****e behind. Ridiculous pricing.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I will say that The Scratch are possibly the best live band in the country.

Advertisement