Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GOMO network and failure to receive SMS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

My case journey has come to an end with no resolution. Gomo were in regular contact. They say they checked the porting, rechecked the routing, sent me multiple test calls that I reviewed. But still no solution to 2FA or automated tests deliveries. They have offered a month's credit on my account. So I'll stay another month to make use of that, then I'll jog on. Life is too short to be complaining to an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pg17

mickotoole wrote: »
    I've attached 2 screenshots. One from a Virgin Mobile number ported to GoMo (the one with the errors) and the other screenshot from a GoMo number that was not ported (everything looks good there).

Have we any recourse here? How do we make GoMo listen and take action?

@mickotools Can you tell me which site you used to check your HLRs - I tried https://phonenumber-lookup.info/ but it now only gives minimal information and says "Operator's HLR rejected the request" for all numbers I tried VF, GoMo, 3, Tesco and one foreign number.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

pg17 wrote: »
    @mickotools Can you tell me which site you used to check your HLRs - I tried https://phonenumber-lookup.info/ but it now only gives minimal information and says "Operator's HLR rejected the request" for all numbers I tried VF, GoMo, 3, Tesco and one foreign number.
    It's been a while since I did it but I think it was the same sir that you referenced in your message. I had a very good chat with someone knowledgeable in GoMo and he told me it was down to an error by the previous provider not portng the number across properly. If you're having issues I would contact your previous provider and get them to sort it out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've just started having problems with this tonight, I was waiting to get a passcode to verify a payment but nothing came through (and I tried rebooting the phone, changing various settings, etc). Funnily enough, this was working up to 2 weeks ago. I'll ring my bank in the morning, but this is hugely annoying, I hope it can be easily resolved.

NVM. It was a problem with the bank, for some reason they defaulted back to my old mobile number.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

On the topic of issues with Gomo is anyone having trouble making calls on the network today? Neither myself or partner can make calls, just nothing connecting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've just tested, it's working ok for me Miamee.

Try switch to aeroplane mode and back again, sometimes that works with data, you might just be lucky with calls, too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It was a Gomo issue, back now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I got a Gomo sim today I haven't started the porting process yet as I'm worried about not receiving the 2F texts. Is this still a problem or has it been resolved? I'll be moving from VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Im not getting 2FA texts or passcodes. I can't tax my car online or even top up my revolut card. this gomo sim is useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Im not getting 2FA texts or passcodes. I can't tax my car online or even top up my revolut card. this gomo sim is useless.

Some people have 2FA text problems with ported numbers. Did you port your number? I ported my number from Three & have not had any problems.

I can't send texts now either ffs. getting error 38

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Some people have 2FA text problems with ported numbers. Did you port your number? I ported my number from Three & have not had any problems.

I ported from vodafone last year. Was able to get 2FA texts no problem until lately now i can't even send texts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I ported from vodafone last year. Was able to get 2FA texts no problem until lately now i can't even send texts

Strange, I wonder is it a phone setting?

Very frustrating I can imagine...

I switched to Gomo when they first came out and have no issues getting any 2FA, ported from Eir...

I have a spare sim in other slot its 48 network. its sending texts fine, its the 3 network. I switched my security number to that one with BOI online but they haven't updated it with 2FA yet. Hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow during office hours

For 48 (IIRC), it turned out that the missing 2FA messages were ending up in the "Spam and blocked" folder (click on the three dots of your inbox to find it). It could be the same problem.

Also, for anyone whose phone went through an android update recently, check that the access point name settings haven't been changed by default from data.mymeteor.com to mms.mymeteor.com - this caused a lot of problems on my phone, which were immediately fixed once I changed that setting back to what it was.

New Home wrote: »
    For 48 (IIRC), it turned out that the missing 2FA messages were ending up in the "Spam and blocked" folder (click on the three dots of your inbox to find it). It could be the same problem.

Also, for anyone whose phone went through an android update recently, check that the access point name settings haven't been changed by default from data.mymeteor.com to mms.mymeteor.com - this caused a lot of problems on my phone, which were immediately fixed once I changed that setting back to what it was.

nothing in the spam folders. internet works fine just can't send texts or receive 2FA texts

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Fieldog wrote: »
    Strange, I wonder is it a phone setting?

Very frustrating I can imagine...

I switched to Gomo when they first came out and have no issues getting any 2FA, ported from Eir...

Not having any issues either.. PTSB, Revolut, Paypal, Credit Union, Microsoft etc

My number has been through the main networks over the years but ported in from 3 when GoMo launched and haven't ever had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

No real help I'm afraid but same for me, just looked at the SMS messages there & they're all authentication texts as people have all moved to WhatsApp or Viber. A few are Avant Money, An Post, PTSB, Paypal & Parcel Motel.

All working fine for me I just registered for the vaccine and got the text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

CoBo55 wrote: »
    All working fine for me I just registered for the vaccine and got the text.

I wouldn't assume that means it's working fine. I also got a Vaccine text with no issue but cannot get texts from Insurance Company, They investigated over a period of weeks and gave me a final response letter stating that they believe the issue is with my network provider.

GOMO Chat was a wasted hour and the operator closed the chat and cut me off as I was insisting it was their issue and the operator wasn't interested.

I have raised a complaint and that is currently being looked into and I will go to COMREG after that if not resolved as the behaviour of the Rep on Chat was unacceptable (I have a transcript of the chat saved)

I may ultimately get nowhere but I will exhaust the avenues available before I port off.

E30M3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't assume that means it's working fine. I also got a Vaccine text with no issue but cannot get texts from Insurance Company, They investigated over a period of weeks and gave me a final response letter stating that they believe the issue is with my network provider.

GOMO Chat was a wasted hour and the operator closed the chat and cut me off as I was insisting it was their issue and the operator wasn't interested.

I have raised a complaint and that is currently being looked into and I will go to COMREG after that if not resolved as the behaviour of the Rep on Chat was unacceptable (I have a transcript of the chat saved)

I may ultimately get nowhere but I will exhaust the avenues available before I port off.

It's been said a million times now the problem lies with your old provider not handing over to GoMo properly. The only service I didn't get a text from was Netflix but when I was with VF I didn't get a text from them either I did it more for curiosity than anything else. You need to chase your old provider.

It's been said a million times now the problem lies with your old provider not handing over to GoMo properly. The only service I didn't get a text from was Netflix but when I was with VF I didn't get a text from them either I did it more for curiosity than anything else. You need to chase your old provider.

I don't see anything said here a million times and if this is the issue I expect GOMO to know about it and advise me or correct that with my old provider.

E30M3 wrote: »
    I don't see anything said here a million times and if this is the issue I expect GOMO to know about it and advise me or correct that with my old provider.

Maybe it's in another thread. GoMo can't fix what your previous provider did incorrectly and neither can comreg. You need to contact your previous provider.

Maybe it's in another thread. GoMo can't fix what your previous provider did incorrectly and neither can comreg. You need to contact your previous provider.

I'll let my complaint with Gomo Run its course and then decide. I expect my current provider to have the means to advise me if there is an issue and what needs to happen to resolve that rather than insist there is nothing they can do and cut me off.

Here's their reply when I told them I'm not receiving 2FA texts from boi, credit Union etc. And I can't send texts either.

i there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you don't notice any issues receiving calls/texts from one provider in particular, would you be able to find out the network that the company uses to send their short codes to you? As we can then look into fixing this routing issue with them.

For further queries you can also contact us via webchat at https://gomo.ie/help-support/
    Thanks!
    The GoMo Team

I mean Jesus Christ how am I supposed to know anything about networks and short codes of bank of Ireland. Lazy bastards couldn't be arsed.

How about asking BoI?

New Home wrote: »
    How about asking BoI?

They should have all that information at hand and I'm nothing going to contact every single company that I'm not receiving texts from. They didn't give me an explanation why I can't send texts anymore either

How can they have that information at hand? They'd need to contact every single company out there that might be sending codes to their customers. Even if they did, the information could become obsolete very quickly if the sender changed their provider. You're the one who's not receiving texts from BoI, plenty of other GOMO users do, so it's a problem limited to certain customers, not to everyone, which means that it would make more sense to address that one issue for that one customer as an individual problem. I have no affiliation to GOMO aside from being one of their customers, but I've worked in customer services a long time and the phrase "Help us to help you" springs to mind. Out of curiosity, how many other companies are you not receiving texts from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Here's their reply when I told them I'm not receiving 2FA texts from boi, credit Union etc. And I can't send texts either.

i there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you don't notice any issues receiving calls/texts from one provider in particular, would you be able to find out the network that the company uses to send their short codes to you? As we can then look into fixing this routing issue with them.

For further queries you can also contact us via webchat at https://gomo.ie/help-support/
    Thanks!
    The GoMo Team

I mean Jesus Christ how am I supposed to know anything about networks and short codes of bank of Ireland. Lazy bastards couldn't be arsed.

Got the same ****e. Can't get KBC OTP, so can't actually move my money to pay rent.
    Got an Ulster Bank txt though.
    Pain in the hole

Advertisement