Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nippedin

Done a full network settings reset and its still the same.
    no internet connection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

nippedin wrote: »
    Done a full network settings reset and its still the same.
    no internet connection
    What are the exact APN settings being used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Got sim at 4pm. Set porting time to 4:10.

Phone needed a restart but everything over in a couple of minutes and 25/5 mbit speeds in Dublin centre.

Did have to collect it and sign for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Can anyone confirm that 2FA verification SMS from Google, Microsoft, Irish banks etc are being received OK please?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

long_b wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that 2FA verification SMS from Google, Microsoft, Irish banks etc are being received OK please?

Yes, just removed my phone from my Google account and re-added it, got text message alright :)

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »
    What are the exact APN settings being used?

Name:
    Meteor

APN:
    mms.mymeteor.ie

user name
    my

password
    wap

mmsc
    http://mms.mymeteor.ie

mms proxy

mms port

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl,mms

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

APN roamong protocol
    IPv4/IPv6

APN enable/disable

Second APN

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

user name
    not set

password
    not set

mmsc
    not set

mms proxy
    not set

mms port
    not set

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

APN roamong protocol
    IPv4/IPv6

APN enable/disable
    APN enabled

Name:
    Meteor

APN:
    mms.mymeteor.ie

user name
    my

password
    wap

mmsc
    http://mms.mymeteor.ie

mms proxy

mms port

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl,mms

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

APN roamong protocol
    IPv4/IPv6

APN enable/disable

Second APN

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

user name
    not set

password
    not set

mmsc
    not set

mms proxy
    not set

mms port
    not set

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

APN roamong protocol
    IPv4/IPv6

APN enable/disable
    APN enabled
    Those are different to the default, delete the data access point only and create a new profile with these settings (everything else as default).

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Type: default,supl

Those are different to the default, delete the data access point only and create a new profile with these settings (everything else as default).

I made the changes to the APN and rebooted the phone and still the same
    no internet connection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I made the changes to the APN and rebooted the phone and still the same
    no internet connection

You have the settings correct but is the apn selected? I know it sounds silly but it can catch people out.

When you are in the menu that shows the 2 apns make sure it has the data one selected.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    You have the settings correct but is the apn selected? I know it sounds silly but it can catch people out.

When you are in the menu that shows the 2 apns make sure it has the data one selected.

I verified the dat APN was selected and rebooted the phone and checked the APN again and it stayed with the data APN
    still no internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Apologies if this question has been answered, I don't see it on the front page of Q&A.

I cross the border quite often.

Can I use it in NI and roam freely? Use my inclusive mins/text/data?

I assume after Brexit it may change!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

NIMAN wrote:
    Can I use it in NI and roam freely? Use my inclusive mins/text/data?

As long as northern ire is part of the EU you can. Roaming data limited to 10gig but all the calls & texts you like

I verified the dat APN was selected and rebooted the phone and checked the APN again and it stayed with the data APN
    still no internet

Folks, just a quick note to update you on my lack of network connectivity.
    GoMo washed there hand of me, just said it was my phone even thou 4G was working on another network without issue
    So to take matters into my own hands I done a factory reset and wiped it clean.
    I had it backed up and after it came back I could see the 4G was coming on.
    I done a restore and after that the 4G was gone again.
    Done an other reset and now the 4G is working again and I am reloading everything individually.
    its going to be slow.

Thanks to all you guys for all the help and suggestion, its much appreciated

Ordered 4 cards a few days ago & the only one to arrive so far is my sons one. I popped it into my dual sim phone.My Virgin card got 7.99 Mbps download & 4.65 upload on 4G. The GoMo is getting average 37.3 Mbps download & 9.84 upload. One test actually got over 50Mbps download.

I'm looking forward to getting my own sim next week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Received, placed in router, works out of the box, but unimpressed.

SpeedTest.net, same router, same client device, 2 minutes apart (Router Restart Time).

kB/s in all fields.

3 Mobile : 1,182 Down; 1,034 Up
    GoMo: 469 Down; 745 Up.

So, yeah, check your locale's speeds before porting/cancelling existing sims or numbers.

Folks, just a quick note to update you on my lack of network connectivity.
    GoMo washed there hand of me, just said it was my phone even thou 4G was working on another network without issue
    So to take matters into my own hands I done a factory reset and wiped it clean.
    I had it backed up and after it came back I could see the 4G was coming on.
    I done a restore and after that the 4G was gone again.
    Done an other reset and now the 4G is working again and I am reloading everything individually.
    its going to be slow.

Thanks to all you guys for all the help and suggestion, its much appreciated
    Nice, can you tell me what you used to backup / restore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Just wondering what these changes may of done. I ported over good this morning for phonecalls. But internet was v bad . Originally did not notice as I was on WiFi . I added these settings and rebooted my phone (mi max3) and the connection has gone up considerably. Cheers

Nice, can you tell me what you used to backup / restore?

just used google

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

Folks im not very good at phones,so apologise if im asking a silly question.

Im with Vodafone pay as you go and thinking of taking up this offer but im wondering if the unlimited texts,calls, are to any network?

Also if i decide to leave Vodafone(its a pay as you go plan ,top up every month)can i just leave and say nothing with no penalties?

And finally is the payment taken directly from my card automatically or am i sent a monthly bill by email and i go to their website and log in and pay using the registered card?

Thanks.

ddub11 wrote: »

Im with Vodafone pay as you go and thinking of taking up this offer but im wondering if the unlimited texts,calls, are to any network?

Also if i decide to leave Vodafone(its a pay as you go plan ,top up every month)can i just leave and say nothing with no penalties?

And finally is the payment taken directly from my card automatically or am i sent a monthly bill by email and i go to their website and log in and pay using the registered card?

Thanks.

All the information is in their site.

It's unlimited calls and texts to Irish landlines and mobiles.

On pay as you go you can just leave anytime.

The card payment will be automatic each month.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Unlimited calls/texts to any network. 80G of 4G data.

I just left Lycamobile, paying 15e in advance ever month. Didn't say nuthin to them. I cancelled my auto renew and ported my number on Friday the same day my Lyca bundle was expiring anyway.

Just 9.99 has been taken from my card so far. I presume my first month's bill will come at the beginning of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

lighthouse wrote: »
    Unlimited calls/texts to any network. 80G of 4G data.

I just left Lycamobile, paying 15e in advance ever month. Didn't say nuthin to them. I cancelled my auto renew and ported my number on Friday the same day my Lyca bundle was expiring anyway.

Just 9.99 has been taken from my card so far. I presume my first month's bill will come at the beginning of the month.
    Was the 9.99 taken from your card automatically?do you think in future you will get a monthly bill and you will pay it through your card or will it be deducted from your card(hope that makes sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Taken on the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    .... into my dual sim phone.......

Can i ask what sort of dual sim phone u have? I could only get a cheap one from Argos - looking for a good one that can take interactive apps, thx

Was the 9.99 taken from your card automatically?do you think in future you will get a monthly bill and you will pay it through your card or will it be deducted from your card(hope that makes sense).

Not sure I follow you but 9.99 was taken from my card when I signed up. My understanding is this will cover me until November 1st when another 9.99 will be taken to cover that month.

I get you now. It's PAYG so payment is needed in advance. Otherwise you are talking about bill pay. Same thing different day :D

ddub11 wrote:

It should be automatically deducted each month AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Can i ask what sort of dual sim phone u have? I could only get a cheap one from Argos - looking for a good one that can take interactive apps, thx

Go to Amazon and search for dual SIM. There are literally thousands from budget to flagship smartphones

1. OnePlus 7 Pro. Rating: Reviewed on: 15 October 2019. ...
    2. Xiaomi Mi 9. Rating: Reviewed on: 15 July 2019. ...
    3. Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro. Rating: Reviewed on: 15 July 2019. ...
    4. Huawei P30 Pro. Rating: Reviewed on: 20 May 2019. ...
    5. Vivo Nex 3. Rating: Reviewed on: 27 September 2019. ...
    6. Honor View 20. Rating: ...
    7. Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. Rating: ...
    8. Huawei P30. Rating:
    9. 9 Vivo Nex
    10. Xiaomi Mi, 8
    The samsung S8, S9 & S10 can be gotten in Dual sim online & the S10 Plus has dual sim as standard. The samsung note will have dual sim too

There are 100s of dual sim card phones out there in every price bracket. They aren't popular in Ireland & the UK but most high end smartphones are dual sim on the continent yet the same phone sold here will be single sim

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    1. OnePlus 7 Pro. Rating: Reviewed on: 15 October 2019. ...
    2. Xiaomi Mi 9. Rating: Reviewed on: 15 July 2019. ...
    3. Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro. Rating: Reviewed on: 15 July 2019. ...
    4. Huawei P30 Pro. Rating: Reviewed on: 20 May 2019. ...
    5. Vivo Nex 3. Rating: Reviewed on: 27 September 2019. ...
    6. Honor View 20. Rating: ...
    7. Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. Rating: ...
    8. Huawei P30. Rating:
    9. 9 Vivo Nex
    10. Xiaomi Mi, 8
    The samsung S8, S9 & S10 can be gotten in Dual sim online & the S10 Plus has dual sim as standard. The samsung note will have dual sim too

There are 100s of dual sim card phones out there in every price bracket. They aren't popular in Ireland & the UK but most high end smartphones are dual sim on the continent yet the same phone sold here will be single sim
    Latest Galaxy A range are all dual SIM also.

Galaxy A 10,20,30,40,50,70,90 etc

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Latest Galaxy A range are all dual SIM also.

Galaxy A 10,20,30,40,50,70,90 etc

I had to Google the A range and WOW! they are reasonably priced for the spec & the Samsung badge. Dual sim to boot

Advertisement