Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Friar's Balsam

• 25-08-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for this product as an adhesive for taping feet. Seems it's known as Benzoin Tincture in the US but Friar's Balsam here.

Have asked in 3 pharmacies and they have never heard of it. I checked the Holland and Barrett website too and no results.

Any ideas where i might find it in Dublin ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

You can get it on Amazon.co.uk, I cannot remember where I got it. Some pharmacies definitely stock it. It is used as a decongestant so can be labeled as that rather than an antiseptic. It was common place 40 odd years ago so any old school places might have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Maybe Tiger Balm as an alternative?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I got two tins of oriental balm for 1:50€ in my local deals shop in Clare hall shopping center Dublin 17ish,maybe what your looking for op

https://www.poundshop.com/masterplast-2pk-oriental-balm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for this product as an adhesive for taping feet. Seems it's known as Benzoin Tincture in the US but Friar's Balsam here.

Have asked in 3 pharmacies and they have never heard of it. I checked the Holland and Barrett website too and no results.

Thanks

If you mean to help tape to stick to your feet then " rubbing alcohol " will help
    Ask a pharmacist for surgical spirits

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Blanc von lobster

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Have you tried Atlantic Aromatic in Bray? They sell Benzoin resinoid for €6.50 on the website.
    I don't have anything to do with them, just occasionally but essential oils from them. Including this Benzoin... it takes ages to drop out of the bottle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sean.casaidhe

Not to resurrect a dead thread, but for reference for anyone else looking; tincture of benzoin is not licenced in Ireland and is only available on order from pharmacies. A prescription is required. Hope this helps.

Advertisement