Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Something I keep wondering about the Vorcha. They have regenerative and healing abilities, can adapt to any environment, and are immune to disease, yet have an average lifespan of 20 years. You'd think they could live much longer with their biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Something I keep wondering about the Vorcha. They have regenerative and healing abilities, can adapt to any environment, and are immune to disease, yet have an average lifespan of 20 years. You'd think they could live much longer with their biology.

Maybe their bodies work overtime for all those buffs so it only lasts a short time. The glass cannons of the ME-verse.

The lifespans always interested me in ME.

Humans: 150 years.
    Asari: 1000 years.
    Krogan: Unknown. Apparently Okeer is almost 2000 years old.
    Salarians: 40 years.
    Turians: 150 years.
    Quarians: 150 years (but usually die earlier due to immune systems etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Just started 1 after not playing it for nearly a decade.gamelay is really disappointing didn't think it would be this bad.team mates being clueless not noticing flanking enemies etc,mako exploration so aggravating among other things.love it story wise though so think il just stick to main missions mostly and avoid extra crap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Well, it is 15 years old at this point...

ME2 is a far more polished game, luckily.

Came across this video on youtube, so I thought i'd post it here for anyone interested.

• Advertisement

I forgot how dumb the Normandy abduction is.

The whole squad leaves the ship for a "mission". What mission? Then Joker and EDI are making jokes while the crew is getting slaughtered and abducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Jesus, f*ck. I started ME2 last night, and look what they did to Kelly Chambers.

That is a genuinely awful downgrade. I read online that whatever workflow they had for importing between ME2 and ME3 went awry for Chambers, and since they're making people look more like their ME3 counterparts, she ends up like this.

I realise she's not a huge character, but she's relatively big and they could have made a bit of effort to make the ME2 and ME3 character look more like the original ME2 one. It's quite offputting.

When I finish Mass Effect 3 I think I'm going to play Mass Effect Andromeda and do a completely clean slate with it. I've played it twice already with the save data still intact, but with the legendary edition, I feel compelled to start it again. I don't know what to expect with the new Mass Effect game coming out but I feel it's best to be prepared.

Speaking of Andromeda, looking back on it now, I know it's not without it's faults but I'm happy enough with the continuation of the series if that is where the developers are heading. I'm invested in the franchise and want to see how it plays out. The side missions involving Alec Ryder's memories were probably the most fascinating aspect of ME:A.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

J. Marston wrote: »
    I forgot how dumb the Normandy abduction is.

The whole squad leaves the ship for a "mission". What mission? Then Joker and EDI are making jokes while the crew is getting slaughtered and abducted.

I completely forgot about this until I played it again. Then i was waiting for a Joker quip about coughing and breaking a hip or something

ME2 down and started 3.

You really notice how many shortcuts they took when you're playing the games back to back. The right side of the dialogue wheel would always have 3 options (paragon, neutral, renegade) but it's just paragon and renegade in ME3.

There's also a lot of automatic Shepard dialogue where in previous games you would've had the choice to say something but in ME:3, Shep just has lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Riddle101 wrote: »
    When I finish Mass Effect 3 I think I'm going to play Mass Effect Andromeda and do a completely clean slate with it. I've played it twice already with the save data still intact, but with the legendary edition, I feel compelled to start it again. I don't know what to expect with the new Mass Effect game coming out but I feel it's best to be prepared.

Speaking of Andromeda, looking back on it now, I know it's not without it's faults but I'm happy enough with the continuation of the series if that is where the developers are heading. I'm invested in the franchise and want to see how it plays out. The side missions involving Alec Ryder's memories were probably the most fascinating aspect of ME:A.

I stopped playing due to the bugs and never got back to it. I may do what you are doing and start a clean run on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished the genophage quest in 3 last night. Forgot how epic it was with the background, boss and sneaky choices that present themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Was there always friendly fire voice lines? Got in to a mad firefight on Tuchanka and heard Grunt roaring at me that I was hitting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

All done now! I completed all three on Insanity but needed to re-do final fight on ME1 one more time which caused both II and III achievements to unlock at once.

QVypqDr.png

Never played through Andromeda so going to go for that next.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished Tuchanka in ME3 there as well, and its a brilliant as i remember it. The 3rd game is really good, with some fantastic moments between the characters.

Kiith wrote: »
    Finished Tuchanka in ME3 there as well, and its a brilliant as i remember it. The 3rd game is really good, with some fantastic moments between the characters.

I love that no matter who you bring from the squad, it's like they were meant to be there.

One thing annoying me about 3 is the amount of citadel side missions. You have to do then before certain missions and some can only be done after certain missions. Too complex to track when there's the big bad happening at the same time.

Also, it took me 12 hours to recruit Tali, bollox acting Bioware :)

The Revanant assault rifle is absolutely tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finished the first one, which I never actually did before. Felt like a slog after the first few hours but finished strong and it's gone up a notch in my estimation.

Always get overwhelmed with ME:3's DLC, never know which order to play them in other than leaving Citadel until dead last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

J. Marston wrote: »
    Always get overwhelmed with ME:3's DLC, never know which order to play them in other than leaving Citadel until dead last.

Try this
    https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/11183-mass-effect-3-mission-order-best-sequence-for-all-priority-dlc-and-side-quests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I just finished ME3, bittersweet really in that I think this is the last time I'll play through them all. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as much as I love nostaligia trips like this it's too easy to get fixated on them and there is a time to just move on permanently.
    I left the Citadel: Shoreleave DLC until the last possible moment and realised I had forgotten so much of it, to the point I'm pretty sure I must have just been drunk as hell the first (and last) time I played it years ago and rushed through it without really engaging, it was so good, perfectly crafted dialogue and story beats and probably the finest epilogue'ish content I've seen in any game.
    Now to just wait for my N7 helmet to arrive and take it's rightful place in mancave history :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I love that no matter who you bring from the squad, it's like they were meant to be there.

One thing annoying me about 3 is the amount of citadel side missions. You have to do then before certain missions and some can only be done after certain missions. Too complex to track when there's the big bad happening at the same time.

Yea this is a huge problem with the game, and it completely kills the pace of the game when you have to go back there nearly every second mission. Made worse by the fact that the quest tracker is a broken mess and the people you have to turn quests into either don’t show on the map or are in a completely different place.

Yeah, last night i just googled each citadel quest in my log and how to finish it, skipping ones where i had to come back after later missions. Pain alright, made worse by the quest tracker not telling you what progress you've made so if you have to come back to a quest later and completely forgotten it, you've no idea where to go or who to talk to.

It's also bloating the game unnecessarily. I'm 17 hours in and haven't even done the geth dreadnaught yet.

I'm absolutely loving all the loose ends being tied up, feels like I'm meeting an old friend in every mission and their arc is coming to a meaningful end. I know people complain about the ending of this but to me, the whole game is like one big ending, great soaking it in and not rushing.

Yeah, last night i just googled each citadel quest in my log and how to finish it, skipping ones where i had to come back after later missions. Pain alright, made worse by the quest tracker not telling you what progress you've made so if you have to come back to a quest later and completely forgotten it, you've no idea where to go or who to talk to.

It's also bloating the game unnecessarily. I'm 17 hours in and haven't even done the geth dreadnaught yet.

I'm absolutely loving all the loose ends being tied up, feels like I'm meeting an old friend in every mission and their arc is coming to a meaningful end. I know people complain about the ending of this but to me, the whole game is like one big ending, great soaking it in and not rushing.

I can't remember if you said you had played it before, so just in case, make sure to talk to Miranda at least 3 times on the Citadel. And be sure to mention Kai Leng to her as well.

Markitron wrote: »
    I can't remember if you said you had played it before, so just in case, make sure to talk to Miranda at least 3 times on the Citadel. And be sure to mention Kai Leng to her as well.

Yupp, multiple times but don't think i ever talked to Miranda 3 times before. Just had my second chat with her last night so i shall return :)

Yupp, multiple times but don't think i ever talked to Miranda 3 times before. Just had my second chat with her last night so i shall return :)
    Yea if you want her to survive you have to have 3 conversations with her on the citadel, don't break up with her if you romanced her, and warn her about Kai Leng - which is very missable. The citadel DLC should be done right before the final mission begins at the cerberus base, and if you want her there (which you do) you have to keep her alive in Horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Finished the Virmire mission in Mass Effect last night. Wonder how much longer of the main story I have left doesn't seem like much but every time I get further I get a million side missions thrown at me!

My biggest issue so far with the first game compared to the rest is there is no % completed on the map so you have no idea how much more you need to explore plus you end up forgetting where you have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Yea if you want her to survive you have to have 3 conversations with her on the citadel, don't break up with her if you romanced her, and warn her about Kai Leng - which is very missable. The citadel DLC should be done right before the final mission begins at the cerberus base, and if you want her there (which you do) you have to keep her alive in Horizon

Also
    To be able to warn her about Kai-Leng you have to have read the emailed Dossier on him from Anderson after the first Citadel attack

As for the side-quest mess on ME3 basically between each mission fly around the star map to any system that isn't showing 100% (there are a few story based single star-system ones that will never have anything but you'll learn these quickly). Fly to and scan everything in those systems, after your first run it'll take about 5 mins. Go back to the Citadel and walk through every map section picking up the new conversation hints aswell as direct requests. Hand in the ones you have picked up in this run, any others you won't be able to get to yet anyway (you've cleared all the available systems and new ones or new opportunities in existing won't open up until your next main is done) so you don't need to worry about where they might be. Do the next main mission, rinse and repeat. It saves a lot of time and frustration, but I also didn't mind being back to the Citadel doing a walkthrough as I love the little multi-stage conversations and the like going on, it was never as tedious as ME1 Citadel. Also make sure to check the Specter station as there are 2ndary request items in some of the smaller side missions that are very easy to miss, if you do they will be available for purchase there afterwards.

Finished the Virmire mission in Mass Effect last night. Wonder how much longer of the main story I have left doesn't seem like much but every time I get further I get a million side missions thrown at me!

My biggest issue so far with the first game compared to the rest is there is no % completed on the map so you have no idea how much more you need to explore plus you end up forgetting where you have been!

Don't worry about the side missions, aside from a few that are clearly highlighted they are all pretty inconsequential. The amount that you have left depends on how soon/late you did Virmire. After you complete Feros, Novaria, Virmire and pick up Liara, you can begin the endgame section which takes about 3 hours maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Don't worry about the side missions, aside from a few that are clearly highlighted they are all pretty inconsequential. The amount that you have left depends on how soon/late you did Virmire. After you complete Feros, Novaria, Virmire and pick up Liara, you can begin the endgame section which takes about 3 hours maybe.

Cheers!

I done a fair amount of them but getting pain me arse with doing very similar ones over and over ha.

I obviously just don't want to miss anything that will effect future games.

Advertisement