Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aritech Alarm Internet Dialler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

tnegun wrote: »
    I haven't looked at the code so this is just a guess. the keypad alarm led blinks on part set I'm wondering if this is how the code interprets an alarm event? If so I believe it can be configured not to.

Thats a good point. Could be the issue alright

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Hello,

Thank you for all of the information on this thread. I am hoping to build this web access module, but i am having trouble compiling the arduino code.
    I have copied all of the files, but i am getting a lot of errors when i try to compile. They are as follows:-

Build options changed, rebuilding all
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:20:49: error: stray '\' in program
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:20:49: error: stray '\' in program
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:307:931: error: invalid suffix "f0e5d633f4494a41ea39bd38bfd6" on floating constant
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:401:1165: error: missing terminating " character
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:404:1171: error: missing terminating " character
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:546:1434: error: stray '#' in program
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:586:94: error: stray '#' in program
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:676:68: error: stray '\' in program
    CastleAritechArduinoRKP.ino:11:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '<' token

Error compiling.

Does anybody know what I have done wrong? I will build the hardware in the mean time.

Regards, Freddy

Problem solved.
    The files had downloaded as .html files and had been corrupted even though I removed the .html suffix.
    Software compiling OK now, so on to the soldering.
    Thank you again to everyone on this thread for this very useful tool.

Regards, Freddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭ozmo

freddy99 wrote: »
    The files had downloaded as .html files and had been corrupted even though I

There is a link on the main page to download all the files as a single zip file. Might be worth doing to make sure all files are ok?

Good luck with the soldering.. Post us a photo of what you make :)

“Roll it back”

Thanks again,

Just fiddling with the Arduino.
    What IP address/ port should I direct my IPhone to in order to access the Aritech ?

• Advertisement

OK, just answered my own question again by reading & adjusting websocket. Ta

Yea, the only file you should need modify is
    Config.h

All the settings, ip email address etc are in there.
    There are comments in there of all your options.

“Roll it back”

That's magic.
    Trying to find out how to access the address when outside of the house wifi, i.e. via 3G, or work wifi network.
    Any hints ??

Regards, Freddy

Trying to find out how to access the address when outside of the house wifi

Hi - yes Chrome etc on a mobile phone will work just fine outside the lan when port forwarding is enabled on the local lan.

- menus, default passwords etc.will be different depending on who you are with but it will be much like this link shows(link).
    The port number is the one you specified in the config.h file.

Then you could get a free version of your own domain name (dynamic dns - link)
    two popular ones are:
    http://www.duckdns.org/about.jsp
    or
    http://www.noip.com/remote-access

“Roll it back”

Hi, I have built my circuit using P2N2222AG transistors and powered the circuit with Aritech keypad A (12v) and B (0v). I have shared the 0v with the Grnd terminal on the Arduino.
    The keypad that I am replace in was dip-switched as keypad 2, so I have defined the configure.h file as ID=1
    When I try to program the Aritech to recognise the remote, I keep getting RKP errors and tamper alarms.
    I'm pretty sure that the circuit is alright.
    Does anyone have any advice.
    Is there any special sequence in terms of powering the circuit before or after using the Aritech Remote Install instruction?

Regards, Freddy

• Advertisement

Hi, The keypad that I am replacing in...
    .. I keep getting RKP errors and tamper alarms...Is there any special sequence in terms of powering the circuit before or after using the Aritech Remote Install instruction?

Panels support 4 or more keypads- this project can be keypad 3 if you like and you can keep the real second rkp.

Can you check the wiring - the 2 transistor circuit for the Aritech required all 4 wires to be connected ABCD - see the red boxes in this:

2vm9c15.png

The power up sequence is not too important - program arduino, connect to alarm 4 wire keypad bus (at any point on the wire), power to arduino, lastly enter menus and Install RKP.
    To Remove from system - remove arduino and run the Install RKP again from the Engineer menu.
    Remember - best to be in Eng Menu when removing power to the arduino or any working on the wiring as the tampers and errors and bells etc. will not fire.

During normal operation - you should see the Arduino flash its inbuilt light (pin13 led) each packet it processes from the panel.
    Also if you connect another led to Pin12 (using a 220ohm or slightly larger series resistor to gnd) you will see it blink constantly to show the Arduino software is operating correctly.

hope this helps...

“Roll it back”

Thank you again for your time and suggestions.

Still having difficulties with this.
    Trying to replace my old Keypad 4 with Aruino and 4 wire circuit. have shared ground between circuits.
    config.h is set to #define RKP_ID 3
    Install Remote in CS350 menu showing KKK*, but after attempting install, still showing KKK*
    Iphone App display constantly shows 'RKP Fault'
    Have use a multimeter to measure 'ArdTx' and it is about 4.5volts
    'ArdRx' is measuring 0 volts, despite the fact that the circuit diagram says it should be just under 5 volts.
    C-Pnl Rx 6 volts
    D-Pnl Tx 6 volts

Any ideas what I am missing

Regards, Freddy

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mrkayak

Hi Ozmo,

Just wanted to added a couple of comments.
    I used your 4-wire RKP on an Arduino Leonardo with ethernet shield and TP-Link wireless
    router. Worked great for about 2 years. Very stable.
    I also modded it to detect my 433MHz smoke alarm too. So I got one email if House
    alarm, and another email if smoke alarm. One time we were on holidays and
    the house alarm went off. I could see the reason on my phone, and then
    disarm/re-arm the alarm again. Summary: a great little project!

What I want to do now is add a RESTful API instead to the alarm panel.
    And then use a Raspberry Pi (maybe the Zero) to provide the following functions:
    arm, disarm, send email if alarm. Probably I will try wiring the Aritech panel outputs
    to the GPIO inputs on the Rasp-Pi.
    Note: I've had a Rasp Pi in the hall (controlling my home-brew thermostat) for
    over two years, and it has never needed to be rebooted. It's much more
    stable nowadays ... and the Pi-Zero is even cheaper than an Arduino!

I've done a little work with "homebridge" (an open-source Siri HomeKit interface),
    so I'd like to be able to arm/disarm as part of a Siri
    sequence ... for example: 'Hey Siri, I'm going out now'

Thanks.
    Best regards,
    Niall.

mrkayak wrote: »
    Hi Ozmo,
    Just wanted to added a couple of comments...

- the homebridge/homekit too sounds very interesting - I must look into this also myself... There is also an a few different "Jarvis" sdks out there for rpi that might be fun to look into.

For connecting rpi to aritech panel - yes, best bet would be to use the provided panel outputs and 'key zones' to set - just remember of course the rpi pins are 3.3V max so you will need some relay or similar board designed for the pi to protect the i/o pins from the higher voltage Aritech panel voltages or Arduino 5V components (maybe solid state relays?).

“Roll it back”

thanks!

If I use this
    el817 photocoupler from dxdotcom sku 294234

Do I connect the 12v output and GND from the aritech panel output to NC1 and COM1
    And then connect IN1 to a GPIO input.
    When the alarm output goes high, then the GPIO input will go high on the Rasp Pi ..?

Is that the idea do you think ...?

Could it also work the other way around ... to arm the alarm set the GPIO as output,
    and connected NC1 and COM1 to the inputs on the aristech panel?

Thanks.

maurice1 wrote: »
    Well done Ozzo, looks good.
    I did something similar 2 years ago with aritech 10 zone panel cs450 and has been working fine since
    I Connected the 16 input/outputs through resistors into the leonardo arduino inputs, Think they were 1k
    eg:
    int input0 = 0; //D0 GREE Armed/UnArmed
    int input1 = 1; //D1 YELL Alarm
    int input2 = 2; //D2 BLUE P.A.
    int input3 = 3; //D3 ORNG FIRE
    int input4 = 5; //D5 RED Internal Siren
    int input5 = 7; //D7 BLCK Ext Bell
    int input6 = 10; //D10 WHT Doorbell
    int input7 = 11 ; //D11 BRN OR testswitch for input0
    int Led1 = 13;
    int analog0 = A0; //A0 W/O Entry/exit
    int analog1 = A1; //A1 O/W Hall+lounge
    int analog2 = A2; //A2 W/B Cloak+Laundry
    int analog3 = A3; //A3 B/W Patio+Kit
    int analog4 = A4; //A4 W/G Bed123+enS
    int analog5 = A5; //A5 G/W Bed4+Bath
    int analog6 = A8; //D6 W/B PIR Hall+Kit
    int analog7 = A9; //D8 B/W PIR Patio

When their values changed providing input 0 was low (armed) it sent an email from smtp.upcmail.ie to
    This seemed to work fine for a week or 2 but then forgot to send them.

I then made it that everytime the hall door opened I got an email so that kept it awake.

I also bought 100 texts from for about £5,
    so when outside bell goes on I get a text, showing which sensors are open at the time.
    I also get an email showing every sensors state.

I prefer your system of just 6 wires, but my system only requires a resistor on the input.

I ran the ethernet to the panel, as wifi is only another thing to go wrong

For ease I got a piece of veroboard and mounted the pins on it backwards with a resistor on the inputs and the wiring on it. I nomorenails it to the alarm box with the pins sticking out so it is stationary and the ethernet shield just pushes onto it and the leonardo just pushes onto it.

Butchered a 1A usb car cigarette adaptor fed from 12v battery to power it up and grounded the negative.

I coded it so that led13 flashes like a strobe to show that it is alive and when sending an email it goes on for a second or 2. This made it easier to test.

In engineering mode / output test and i make output 0 low, I can go around the house and test the whole alarm, via eircom emails

Hi,
    Thanks for this info .. I'm hoping to try something similar with Rasp Pi
    and RESTful API (and maybe later Siri/HomeKit).

Q: Are the Aritech alarm outputs 12V ...connected to Arduino 5V digital inputs?
    Don't you need a voltage divider or opto-isolator..?
    Q: Are you able to arm/disarm the Aritech alarm using the Arduino pin
    as output wired to Aritech alarm input..?

Thanks

Looking at the Aritech manual, a zone can be configured with attributes as below

.Fs Full set. Keyswitch fully arms system.
    .Ps Part set. Keyswitch partially arms system.
    .Us Unset.Keyswitch disarms system.
    .Pu Pulse.Keyswitch used must be a pulse type. Allows
    arming/disarming with multiple keyswitches in a sys-
    tem.
    .Qs Quick set. Keyswitch arms panel without exit time.

Does this mean that if I connect a relay to a zone with attribute .Fs, then turning on
    the relay will fully arm the system???

any comments welcome..!

thanks.

I have been using the Aritech 4 wire version version for about 10 weeks now and it is fantastic, except for one issue. Twice in the past 10 weeks the alarm has been activated due to an RKP Tamper fault due to the Arduino emulated keypad. The keypad will not rejoin until the Aritech board is reset I have changed the router, as I thought that it may have been a router issue, but this has not solved the problem. There hasn't been any power cut or broadband outage to cause the glitch.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards, Freddy

I have been using the Aritech 4 wire version version for about 10 weeks now and it is fantastic, except for one issue. Twice in the past 10 weeks the alarm has been activated due to an RKP Tamper fault due to the Arduino emulated keypad. The keypad will not rejoin until the Aritech board is reset I have changed the router, as I thought that it may have been a router issue, but this has not solved the problem. There hasn't been any power cut or broadband outage to cause the glitch.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards, Freddy

Hi Freddy,

Yes I have experienced similar issues were I stop receiving email alerts or alarm activates when I do a remote login and the only way to get it functioning again is to reset the Arduino. These issues may only occur once every few weeks.

Overall it is a great system that I continue to use and thanks must go to Ozmo for his fantastic work on this.

I installed an anti-vandal push button that connects to the Arduino so I don't have to open the Pannel every time the board needs to be reset. It's perfectly safe as the alarm will activate if pressed unless in engineering menu :).
    The button fits perfectly into one of the metal holes on the Pannel case that can be used for cable entry and was about €9 from Maplin.

http://www.maplin.ie/p/19mm-ip65-anti-vandal-push-switch-n39eb

On a separate note, I like the idea of integrating the smoke alarms.

Thanks - I don't experience this issue myself - mine has been running without any problem consistently for well over 6 months now- since last time I modified the code - I use a local smtp server on my main site and my non-critical test-bench developer setup has the email notification disabled - would you like try that and let me know if the problem goes away? Shouldn't be an issue - but just maybe could be a slow email server so some external network issue? Might help narrow down where it happens so I can fix it.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe slow server issue. I'm using gmx.com to send notifications to a Gmail account. Don't particularly want to disable the email notifications as I depend on them. How do you monitor your alarm if you have them disabled? do you have a GSM dialer.

Here is an example of a comms fault I got a while back. As i said previous, it only happened when I tried to remote login to the panel.
    Usually there is no issues with this.

redir?resid=E1E4F1C4252E7BFD!393&authkey=!AMZbgyOnQifxNts&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E1E4F1C4252E7BFD!393&authkey=!AMZbgyOnQifxNts&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Fairly confident now that this is an issue with an occasionally slow server as have been doing a lot of debugging lately. Sometimes I had to change the external IP port on my router to get it to resend the reset email.

I have been messing around with your code and have edited it to suite my needs. It now sends me an email notification when i perform a Part Set, Fill Set, an Alarm along with which zone triggered it, and also a notification if a user deactivates an alarm. My alarm has 6 zones so I only had to add 9 additional wires from the Arduino's I/O's and 3 additional grounding resistors. Very happy with the setup now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ericmore

ozmo wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't been posting more - Christmas then some hardware issues interfered- :o

I hope to do more over this weekend - since my last post I have got the following working

* it correctly captures all the panel log as it happens (it has enough space to store the last 12 or so events - Arm, disarm by who etc)
    * When the Arduino sees an alarm log event from the panel - it sends the logs it has via email....

I plan on posting the source - maybe on GitHub - so no knowledge of coding should be necessary to create one of these for yourself
    (coding knowledge only necessary if you would like modify the functionality or help by contributing new features or tweeks)

Ill keep you updated.
    Add your reply here. it is not that easy!

Bazsutto wrote: »
    I have been messing around with your code and ... ... so I only had to add 9 additional wires from the Arduino's I/O's and 3 additional grounding resistors. Very happy with the setup now.:)

Sounds great, well done :)

ericmore wrote: »
    ... it is not that easy!

Hi - yes, this was a blog of all the things I tried as I worked through building it - so may be hard to follow unless you read the whole thread - but let me know what part you are having trouble with and I can help.

Can you tell me which project you wish to build and I can send you a document where I have put together all the instructions for the one you wish to build. There are 3 projects in this thread.

Aritech
    Arduino emulates a keypad to internet enable the Aritech alarm

HKC Secure Watch
    Arduino emulates a keypad to internet enable the HKC alarm

Generic/Other
    The first one and trickiest one as every panel is different, a starting point to get any alarm on the internet

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Underwurlde

This is fantastic stuff - great work ozmo.

I have an Aritech cd7203 but unfortunately don't (yet) have the engineer code.

In the meantime as a starting point I was going to create a very simple version (using a GSM shield) that will text me when the alarm goes off.

As I cannot enable any additional outputs I was considering taking the signal from the internal siren connector instead. As this is almost 14v, I would need some sort of voltage divider to bring the voltage down.

Can you advise (apologies if dumb questions but I'm a newbie to this) :

1) If this would approach would work (and not interfere with the operation of the siren or alarm system)?
    2) The recommended values for the voltage divider resisters
    3) The best way to hook this to the Arduino

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hello All,

My Email notifications via GMX have stopped sending. I was using IP address 74.208.5.1.
    Does anyone know if this address has changed, or indeed if I can set an IP address for mail.vodafone.ie ?

Regards, Freddy

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Handy test to see if your SMTP server is up
    Using command prompt under windows accessories when I

Telnet 74.208.5.1

I get no response so you can safely say it is down at this moment.
    May return later

Hello All,

My Email notifications via GMX have stopped sending. I was using IP address 74.208.5.1.
    Does anyone know if this address has changed, or indeed if I can set an IP address for mail.vodafone.ie ?

Regards, Freddy

Definitely changed. Anyway, the following ip address is now being used for gmx.

Thanks Maurice & Bazsutto, That new IP address is working now.
    Is there a static IP for Vodafone.ie SMTP ??

Regards, Freddy

• Advertisement

Thanks Maurice & Bazsutto, That new IP address is working now.
    Is there a static IP for Vodafone.ie SMTP ??

Regards, Freddy

Do you have your broadband with Vodafone?
    Its 213.233.128.65

Advertisement