Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jobs Vacant/Help Needed Requests.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

P.A. request posted on 18/03/2012

Due to the overwhelming response I have received to the job requests I posted I have now closed the application process.

Thank you to everyone that has replied or made further enquiries. You will all by now have received a reply from me, either by e-mail or in some cases a private message.

I will be back in Ireland on Friday the 23rd and I will take the process further. Every person will receive a further reply from me on Monday 26th, whether I am taking their application further or not.

Once again thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Great to see that people are using this thread! Best of luck leincar in finding that right someone from the people that applied!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Just to let Boardsie's know. I conducted five interviews yesterday and today for the positions I had on offer.

One person has been successful from the local area (Bagenelstown) so thanks to everyone who applied or took an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭jojo86

hey i actually posted a thread on this but as this seems like a place for local people to get a bit of work then I'll ask here too. I'm looking for a hairdresser who can do colour/cut/high lights at a reasonable price and not robbery like some salons. So if you know or are someone who is a hairdresser and maybe have a small salon or work from home and offer reasonable prices please PM me or write it here or whatever as I'd gladly give my business to an honest, talented person who doesn't try to rip me off!! And I would be a regular customer and probably try bring you some more business!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jacqui Mc Nabb

The Sector Based Academy is a new initiative to help support those unemployed back into work with focused training. Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet is providing a 12 day Sales Executive Programme and a 12 day Home Care Assistants Programme to 10 successful candidates for each programme. The initiative works through a partnership between Skillnet and an employer.

Pre employment training with a guaranteed job interview.
    A Sector Based Work Academy will run through the month of June and has three key components:

Pre employment Training
    A work experience placement
    A guaranteed job interview with potential employers

This Sector based work academy is targeted towards unemployed people who are motivated and ready to work but would benefit from a short, sharp training intervention and work placement to help thin into a job.
    To express your interest in this initiative please post a letter of application and CV into Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet, Carlow Gateway Business Centre, Athy Road, Carlow. Closing date Friday 11th May.
    For further information email; admin@cktraining.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Seamus Clancy

Can anyone recommend a painter/varnisher to revarnish ( at a reasonable cost) an iroko/teak front door in Bagenalstown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Peter Scully I'd say would it,sorry don't have a number for him but if you check out phone book he is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

• Advertisement

Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet are running a 3 day Retail Fetac level 5 programme
    with work experience placement.

This programme runs June 20th 21st & 22nd 2012 from 9.30am-4.30pm
    In Forward Steps Resource Center, Tullow, Co. Carlow

Dates of work experience to be confirmed.

There is no charge to the Unemployed on this programme

For more details contact Jacqui at info@jacquimcnabb.ie

Are you Female unemployed or stay at home Mum?

And looking to improve your job prospects?

Forward Steps Resource Centre Ltd, Tullow are running a Fetac level 5 Occupational first aid Programme over six weeks 7 pm -9.30 pim
    Tuesday 12th, 14th, 19th and 21st, 26th and 28th June

This Programme is fully funded by the Equality for Women Measure
    And ESF Social Fund & Dept Justice and Equality

Places are limited to 10 call Jacqui on the above email address for more details

Mod: please don't post phone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adricat

Got a job for my wife and I?

Moving over Feb/March. She is a bank manager and I work for the the Australian gov. Wife is from Carlow and I should have a work permit.
    Can/will do most anything, office managerment, project management, stakeholder relations, logistics or manual labour if thats what I can get.
    Currently managing a $60Million project for the Aus Gov.

Also prior senior hospitality manager.

pm for cv or further detail.

Thanks for looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Hi does anyone know of any part-time jobs going around for 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Local web company BuyWebSpace are looking for sales people to sell their web solutions.

Commission only ( min 25%) with roughly €100 commission per sale on average.

Full or part-time and may even suit students ( the more you sell, the more you make).

Info on the company at http://www.buywebspace.com and interested parties can email jobs@buywebspace.com .

Cv not required but they're looking for people who can sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

has anybody heard of any retail outlets in town hiring assistants? thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jolou86

Hi all, if anyone knows of any PR agency or marketing or events (hotel or whatever) or graphic design or office assistant etc etc jobs going could you post here? I am desperate for a job!! I have a post grad in PR and events, I'm studying graphic design online, I 'do' art, I've worked in an office environment, I've worked in hospitality!!!!! So any jobs, at all, that pay money please do let me know!!

Im still trying to find people to do this job. Its not the best one in the world, but its money - yet theres hardly an applicant
    maccored wrote: »
    Local web company BuyWebSpace are looking for sales people to sell their web solutions.

Commission only ( min 25%) with roughly €100 commission per sale on average.

Full or part-time and may even suit students ( the more you sell, the more you make).

Info on the company at http://www.buywebspace.com and interested parties can email jobs@buywebspace.com .

Cv not required but they're looking for people who can sell.

uh the job hunt still at a loss here. I'm a little annoyed by 2 things when job hunting.
    1 is the amount of jobs that are under that CE scheme. I think its a bit of a joke. I think businesses are looking for free staff. I think X amount of times I'm sure it's all above board but I don't believe it always is and I would like to see more actual paying jobs that countless 'intern ships' which alot are not as an internship means shadowing a person and being mentored and this doesn't happen all the time.
    The second thing that annoys me may just have happened to me. I applied for loads of jobs and while I got a few 'sorry your application was not successful' I also got these 2 replies. One was 'thank you for your application, we will be in touch shortly to arrange a meeting'. The other was 'hey, thanks for your application, when are you available to meet for an interview?' I replied to both, specifically to the second outlining my availability aka 24/7 365 and since then nothing. Not one reply and I really had my hopes up the second one would at least be an interview.

Also, I check Indeed.ie, Jobs.ie, Fas Jobseeker and have the apps for those as well for jobs, can anyone else advise on good places to keep an eye out for jobs? I also check the paper when I get a chance to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

can anyone else advise on good places to keep an eye out for jobs? I also check the paper when I get a chance to buy it

I know sometimes it seems old fashioned but did you try going "door to door"? I think its a good way to get yourself out there. I sub contract graphic design sometimes, have you got an online portfolio?

• Advertisement

Yeah I've tried door to door. Having been in a position before where I was the one hiring, I remember people would come up to me asking if I got their C.V and I'd be clueless. It turned out when I wasn't there people where giving staff C.V's to give to me and they either lost them, forgot about them or on occasion dumped them. So I tend to be wary when I go door to door, if the manager isn't there anyway.
    Dboy85, I've sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LittleBlondie

Hi,

Does anyone know of anyone who would be interested in minding two kids in their own home?

Rural Carlow, St Mullins, Monday to Friday.

Baby is eight months, older chap is almost eleven.

Older chap will only need to be minded during school holidays.

Call 051 424384 for more info.

Thanks

Im still looking for a commission based sales person if anyone is interested - see post 79 above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 edf2013

Hi. I'd like recommendations for a good cleaner to do a couple of hours every second week. I don't want to put a sign up locally or anything as I'd rather someone really good be recommended, do you know of anyone? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

edf2013 wrote: »
    Hi. I'd like recommendations for a good cleaner to do a couple of hours every second week. I don't want to put a sign up locally or anything as I'd rather someone really good be recommended, do you know of anyone? Thanks

What area you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 edf2013

racso1975 wrote: »
    What area you in?

I'm in tullow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just sent you a PM there with a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

Did you get sorted with anyone? I am looking for the same so please PM me their details if you were happy with the service (I'm Browneshill area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Does anyone know of any place that are hiring students for summer jobs and who are also not looking for too much experiance? I have work experiance but this is going years back when I was in school and it was the usual one week experiance for TY, and I would not mind only having work for one month if it meant just getting some new experiance for my CV.
    jolou86 wrote: »
    Yeah I've tried door to door. Having been in a position before where I was the one hiring, I remember people would come up to me asking if I got their C.V and I'd be clueless. It turned out when I wasn't there people where giving staff C.V's to give to me and they either lost them, forgot about them or on occasion dumped them. So I tend to be wary when I go door to door, if the manager isn't there anyway.

I would give CVs to the staff members rather than ask for manager when going door to door myself, because I kinda feel like I am just annoying the manager from doing work by asking for a minor part-time student job that might not be even available. :confused: But i think I'll start asking for the manager more, after reading your post. :P:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Hey does anyone know of any part time work going over the summer? I am postgraduate student going into my second year of my masters.. and just looking for work to tide me over the summer in Carlow town or even surrounding area?

I dont have much experience only then a month in T.Y as I was quite ill for a few years.

If anyone knows of anything cheers in advance..

Advertisement