Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jobs Vacant/Help Needed Requests.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 sarmor

Hi all...I'm looking for a childminder to care for my 5month old son 3 days per week mon thurs and frid... In there home hours may vary.... Please pm .... Benefit if you are mother whom has reared children..not essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Sue Ryder Charity Shop Carlow

http://www.facebook.com/suerydershopcarlow

Anyone out there that would like to volunteer for a few hours a week in our shop?

MORNINGS 10am - 2 pm

AFTERNOONS 1pm - 5:30pm

WE WOULD LOVE YOUR HELP :-)

Volunteer application forms available in the shop.

Thank You :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 issymaria

Hi All,

I'm looking for a painter to paint the front door and window sills of my house in castledermot. Does anyone know of anyone in the area or surrounding areas who might be interested??

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

merged the Painter request thread with the jobs wanted thread. :

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The Very Man

Hi
    Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced plumber in carlow?

thanks

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The Very Man

Thanks Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AFOB

Hi Guys,

The electric shower packed up last week, so i'm gonna get a new one in Argos, but wouldn't be the handiest in regards to D.I.Y.

Could anyone recommend someone who would do this for a fair price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You'll need a plumber and a sparky.

• Advertisement

why both ? it's not a new install but replacing an existing unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bobby brown

Get a registered sparks to do it.Unfortunately, too many people dying because of badly installed electric showers these days,i.e young guy in Kilkenny last week and usually hear of about two a year the past few years.Water does,nt kill you.

Merger the "Handyman to fit electric shower ?" thread to here as a more suitable location

Fair point !, thanks bobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭The Crab

Hi, anyone know a good electrician in Carlow? I have a problem with our oven. I'm pretty sure the problem is the control panel - its a whirlpool electric model. The control panel has been acting a little strangely lately - flickering and making a slight burning kind of smell - almost like when you use a scaletrix for the first time. Then after turning off and back on its worked fine, until tonight when it won't come on at all although the stove works absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

Hi,
    Moving to carlow for a month in january, looking for a B and B that might do a good deal. Il be there 19 nights all together, no fridays or saturdays, i dont need the sheets changed each day etc. I have a budget of 300E.. If you know anybody interested can u PM me the number.

The best deal i got so far is 490E... Of the limited amount of Band Bs answering the phone at the moment, the best deal i could get was 450. Pity to see all those empty rooms in b and bs in january. itl be the easiest 300 they ever make,il never be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Did you try Dolmen guest house?
    I've heard if her putting up a lot of guys who would be on short term location jobs.
    runman wrote: »
    Hi,
    Moving to carlow for a month in january, looking for a B and B that might do a good deal. Il be there 19 nights all together, no fridays or saturdays, i dont need the sheets changed each day etc. I have a budget of 300E.. If you know anybody interested can u PM me the number.

The best deal i got so far is 490E... Of the limited amount of Band Bs answering the phone at the moment, the best deal i could get was 450. Pity to see all those empty rooms in b and bs in january. itl be the easiest 300 they ever make,il never be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jake12

I need a good house cleaner in the carlow town area, can anyone recommend?

@Jake12

I just merged your thread into the help wanted sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 blondegirl007

I know a guy called Brenda Hutton fixes Tv and Sky problems but i'm not sure if he is directly employed by sky, here is his number <snip>. Hope it helps, he worked wonders in our house 5 star job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 blondegirl007

seven oaks is your best bet, used to work ther and they do this all the time, ask for owner Mr Murphy phone no; 0599183600

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Hi, I need a child-minder for a few hours each week. Preferably near the Askea area - or else someone with a car. Two school going children, one in Senior Infants & the other in 4th Class.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭tom traubert

We used the creche in Highfield when we needed it. They do after school pick ups from the Gaelscoil (possibly others?). PM me if you want a name/ number to look into it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

We used the creche in Highfield when we needed it. They do after school pick ups from the Gaelscoil (possibly others?). PM me if you want a name/ number to look into it further.

Where is Highfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

Highfield is beside the Esso / Braun roundabout heading out the Dublin Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lilydale

Hi I live in Askea area close to schools if your interested in having a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

This wondering was there a boxing club or a mma club for beginners in Carlow. Mostly played football or soccer and would like to try something new!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

scoopmine wrote: »
    This wondering was there a boxing club or a mma club for beginners in Carlow. Mostly played football or soccer and would like to try something new!

There's a boxing club in Paulstown, and another in Athy. There's also one in the college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Evening all,

I have two jobs to advertise and before I go elsewhere I want to give people in the local area a chance to apply.

The jobs are open to male or female so don't be put off by the job title as its the best I can come up with.

Job Title ; P.A. to Director & Head of Global Sponsorship for U.S. Multi-national.

Location ; Midway between Ballon Co.Carlow & Bunclody Co.Wexford

Contract ; Six months starting on 23rd April and ending on November 2nd.

This will be a full-time position for the duration of the contract.

The two jobs advertised are for people who will work as a Man/Woman Friday for me. I have two people who work for me in this role based in my U.S. office, but due to the nature of my work this year I need two people in Europe.

I need two people who will organise my working life. I need you to be proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Word. I need people who will be confident in carrying out my instructions, and if not will say it to me. You will need to have a valid passport with a minimum of 12 months left on your passport, and there can be no Visa issues regarding travel to Israel, or the wider Middle East and North America.

I am looking for two people who will have no problem in personal dealings on a professional level with people who may through business, sport or entertainment have a high public profile.

For these positions I do not need the successful candidates to have a degree. Obviously, I expect a high degree of litracy in the English language. You will need however, to have at least 8 years experience in a Legal/ Marketing/P.R./or Political background.

To be honest I am looking for people with common sense in bucket loads and cop-on in spades. You will need to work on your own initiative at times, and you should feel confident to offer an opinion both when asked and unbidden.

These positions are for just over six months and you will have to travel on occasions. I know I should say the hours are 9 - 5, but on occasion that will not be the case. By extension there will be days when you will be in the office for just a couple of hours a day.

The salary will be high five figures and there will be commensurate benefits. As these positions may go to people from abroad who will have tax free status in Ireland, I will pay tax, PRSI and USC for the successful candidates if they are based in Ireland.

If you are interested or know any one who fits the bill, please contact me via PM or email me at caryauty@gmail.com. If I can't find any suitable candidates from this source by close of business on Thursday 22nd I will advertise the positions worldwide.

The application process has now closed please disregard Thursday 22nd.

Advertisement