Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

claw wrote: »
    38 points from Antonio, dare I say after watching the match that I could have had more :)

Good stuff-I’d say that was a decent jump up the ranks just from him alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

thunderdog wrote: »
    Good stuff-I’d say that was a decent jump up the ranks just from him alone

Back up 140 places to 202nd. Badly needed that. Too many players not playing recently.

Antonio only 0.5% ownership in the top 1K teams. A big differential if Lingard doesn't do anything.

Kane to a United defender for a 3 for 0 (realistically a 2 for 0)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Raphinha assist there was a nice bonus, didn't expect to see him today.

• Advertisement

Raphinha assist there was a nice bonus, didn't expect to see him today.

Along with Antonio I hung onto him. Have a full team with no injuries now. Can't remember the last time that happened!

Kane to a United defender for a 3 for 0 (realistically a 2 for 0)

How many transfers do you have left. I guess Shaw or AWB would be the best bet there. Make sure you can get Kane back in, although he doesn't seem to be doing anything now.

How many transfers do you have left. I guess Shaw or AWB would be the best bet there. Make sure you can get Kane back in, although he doesn't seem to be doing anything now.

I have 4 left-most of my last 8 or so last transfers haven’t done much. A lot of blanks. I definitely would have got more out of the transfers earlier on in the season.

Last 4 transfers are looking like
    1. Kane to a United defender
    2. Maddison to Wood for his single game day
    3. A city player for their single game day
    4. Probably save a transfer for the last day (or get Kane back in at an earlier stage)

I have 4 left-most of my last 8 or so last transfers haven’t done much. A lot of blanks. I definitely would have got more out of the transfers earlier on in the season.

4. Probably save a transfer for the last day (or get Kane back in at an earlier stage)

That plan looks fine. Hard to know what to do with Spurs. You probably need to have a player. You might get away with next Sunday because you would probably captain Salah.

That plan looks fine. Hard to know what to do with Spurs. You probably need to have a player. You might get away with next Sunday because you would probably captain Salah.

Yeah no doubt an injury will pop up in the team that will need sorting

• Advertisement

I've two transfers left now. Bowen needs replacing, he was a punt when Antonio got injured. Getting a United defender for him looks like a no brainer.
    I'd use the final transfer to cover the City captaincy day probably. Don't have Kane but have Son so hoping he can match him.

I've two transfers left now. Bowen needs replacing, he was a punt when Antonio got injured. Getting a United defender for him looks like a no brainer.
    I'd use the final transfer to cover the City captaincy day probably. Don't have Kane but have Son so hoping he can match him.

As I said to thunderdog AWB or Shaw as your United defender. They will play 2 of the matches and they look more likely than Maguire for bonus points. Kane seems to have gone off the boil but he still has top scorer to go for. Just be careful which City player you put in. Hard to know what Pep will do going forward although you would imagine he will play his full team on Friday.

As I said to thunderdog AWB or Shaw as your United defender. They will play 2 of the matches and they look more likely than Maguire for bonus points. Kane seems to have gone off the boil but he still has top scorer to go for. Just be careful which City player you put in. Hard to know what Pep will do going forward although you would imagine he will play his full team on Friday.

Cheers yeah I put AWB in. Yeah not sure I even want a City player for that game. Actually considering Wilson now, he's looking sharp and has Sheffield United and Fulham after that. Have Nacho in that spot now but their last 3 are tough.

Cheers yeah I put AWB in. Yeah not sure I even want a City player for that game. Actually considering Wilson now, he's looking sharp and has Sheffield United and Fulham after that. Have Nacho in that spot now but their last 3 are tough.

Wilson is a good shout alright. Wondering who to captain today. I guess everyone captains Bruno but who knows what United will do!

Wilson is a good shout alright. Wondering who to captain today. I guess everyone captains Bruno but who knows what United will do!

Yeah just don't know if it's worth going against Bruno, if he hauls then it'd be a disaster. I've only Sanchez, AWB and Lingard as other options so nothing to tempt me away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lingard vs Fernandes.

Is there any risk Fernandes won't start giving United upcoming schedule (and poor returns)

Lingard vs Fernandes.

Is there any risk Fernandes won't start giving United upcoming schedule (and poor returns)

That's the million dollar question :)

Stuck with Bruno, c'est la vie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Dunk been saving my team the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭Xander10

haven't really got into this on first attempt. Will definitely be more up to speed next year on rules etc.

Any Irish lads in with a chance of winning this year?

Xander10 wrote: »
    haven't really got into this on first attempt. Will definitely be more up to speed next year on rules etc.

Any Irish lads in with a chance of winning this year?

Its a great game. I don’t believe so. Hopefully next year one of us can challenge for the title.

• Advertisement

Dunk been saving my team the past few weeks.

What's this glitch thing they are talking about on twitter. People bringing Dunk in and captaining him after the deadline?

What's this glitch thing they are talking about on twitter. People bringing Dunk in and captaining him after the deadline?

It was because the usual live scoring never came on until 12:30. Some people thought you could make transfers and change captains even though the wolves game started at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Something was definitely amiss. I wanted to transfer in Antonio with 4-5 mins to spare and it said the deadline had already passed.

Something was definitely amiss. I wanted to transfer in Antonio with 4-5 mins to spare and it said the deadline had already passed.

Few people of Twitter said something similar. At least it looks like you haven’t missed out on much.

Well you missed out on Antonio's 2 points :) Feast or famine with him. Wasn't too unhappy as I got another clean sheet from Digne which negates the DCL scores at least. Hard to know what a good day is now as I think everyone has different teams which is a good thing.

Got Shaw in and Wood did the job last night. For city’s single game day, I’m tempted to roll the dice on Mahrez and hope he also gets at least 1 out of the 2 last city games before the champions league.

Originally for the last transfer I was looking at saving it until the last day, but there is a decent 4 for 2 option-Leicester/Chelsea player to a Liverpool player. Azpilicueta to Mane looks tempting-Mane 0.9% owned in the top 1k.

(Everton and Villa are other 4 for 2 options instead of Liverpool)

I wonder will Bruno punish us tonight if we move the captaincy off him despite not starting

Got Shaw in and Wood did the job last night. For city’s single game day, I’m tempted to roll the dice on Mahrez and hope he also gets at least 1 out of the 2 last city games before the champions league.

Originally for the last transfer I was looking at saving it until the last day, but there is a decent 4 for 2 option-Leicester/Chelsea player to a Liverpool player. Azpilicueta to Mane looks tempting-Mane 0.9% owned in the top 1k.

(Everton and Villa are other 4 for 2 options instead of Liverpool)

Mane's ownership is that for a reason :) Hard to even know what Klopp will do now, he has rotated the normal front 3 before with Jota earlier in the season to freshen teams up. Think a lot will depend on United's match with Leicester tonight - if Leicester win it's a big ask for Liverpool to be top 4. Hard to know how motivated they will be to try and qualify for the Europa League.

I wonder will Bruno punish us tonight if we move the captaincy off him despite not starting

Not expecting him to come on at all. Ole named that team for a reason.

• Advertisement

Mane's ownership is that for a reason :) Hard to even know what Klopp will do now, he has rotated the normal front 3 before with Jota earlier in the season to freshen teams up. Think a lot will depend on United's match with Leicester tonight - if Leicester win it's a big ask for Liverpool to be top 4. Hard to know how motivated they will be to try and qualify for the Europa League.

Yeah I could get DCL instead but looking at more of a differential for the last few games. Mane 4 90 min games in the last 6, plus a 70 and a 15 min game. You’d imagine Klopp will want him playing most of the last 4 games

Advertisement