09-05-2021, 01:36   #286
Retr0gamer
Category Moderator

Haven't really been able to enjoy this just yet. Having annoying graphical issue on PC.

There's a white highlight around all shadows where the contact softening shadows should be. It's really distracting. It seems to be resolution based as if I increase the visual quality to 2 (basically x4 times the resolution) it goes away but then it runs like ****.

Only just found a way to get rid of it. Basically I bumped up resolution to x4 times the resolution of my monitor using virtual super resolution and adjust the visual quality to 0.5. Shadows are now displaying correctly.
Advertisement
09-05-2021, 01:39   #287
mightyreds

Got it on time yesterday morning from Smyths but havent had got to open yet, still about 10 hrs from platinum on final fantasy X hopefully can start Monday.
Really looking forward to it I hadn't played 7 until after 2 and 3 remake, I didn't think I'd like the point of view, got it hard to get used to but ended up loving it.
some parts scared the crap out of me

Last edited by mightyreds; 09-05-2021 at 01:56.
09-05-2021, 02:11   #288
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Just finished Castle Dimitrescu

Spoiler:

****ing loved it. The whole place has a great pace to it and even the annoying servant enemies weren't too bad as the game gave me plenty of ammo to deal with them (playing on standard). Lady D and the daughters are great characters, kind of raging that's them over and done with though. Looking forward to the next area!
Thanks from:
09-05-2021, 02:16   #289
How Soon Is Now

Send a message via Yahoo to How Soon Is Now Send a message via Skype™ to How Soon Is Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Just finished Castle Dimitrescu

Spoiler:

****ing loved it. The whole place has a great pace to it and even the annoying servant enemies weren't too bad as the game gave me plenty of ammo to deal with them (playing on standard). Lady D and the daughters are great characters, kind of raging that's them over and done with though. Looking forward to the next area!
You won't be disappointed if what I've played so far is anything to go by!
Thanks from:
09-05-2021, 02:28   #290
Jordan 199

It looks great on the Series X.
Advertisement
09-05-2021, 09:33   #291
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan 199 View Post
It looks great on the Series X.
Yeah looks so pretty on the PS5, the RE Engine is a beast! The level of detail on the objects around the world, especially indoors is just immense.

I just discovered the preorder weapon charm doors absolutely nothing except look completely out of place and swing around annoyingly when you're trying to aim. At least you can turn them off in the menu. What a strange thing to add to the game.
09-05-2021, 11:04   #292
Underground

Quote:
Yeah looks so pretty on the PS5, the RE Engine is a beast! The level of detail on the objects around the world, especially indoors is just immense.

I just discovered the preorder weapon charm doors absolutely nothing except look completely out of place and swing around annoyingly when you're trying to aim. At least you can turn them off in the menu. What a strange thing to add to the game.
Thought the same myself, and if you're playing on PS5 the little jingle jangle sound it makes on the controller is really annoying.

The Baker incident report is worth a read, mostly a recap of 7 but some interesting stuff relevant to 8 in there too.
09-05-2021, 14:01   #293
Robert ninja

Well that's me out. It's truely baffling that a company as big as Capcom, with so many millions in budgeting expenses for their flagship title don't not have FOV option. And doesn't this have VR... so FOV absolutely went through development iterations. Console focus me thinks.
09-05-2021, 15:50   #294
Jordan 199

I just spent a few hours at it there. I fcuking love it
Advertisement
09-05-2021, 16:09   #295
Cordell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert ninja View Post

Well that's me out. It's truely baffling that a company as big as Capcom, with so many millions in budgeting expenses for their flagship title don't not have FOV option. And doesn't this have VR... so FOV absolutely went through development iterations. Console focus me thinks.
They added plenty of options for the PC graphics settings, so probably they didn't add a FOV option on purpose, the narrow FOV add a lot on the tense atmosphere.
09-05-2021, 18:00   #296
recyclops

I'm just not loving it. The old school fairy tale feel etc doesn't feel like a resi game and constantly checking map to see if a room is cleared is really effecting the continuity (this is more of a me thing)
09-05-2021, 18:35   #297
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by recyclops View Post
I'm just not loving it. The old school fairy tale feel etc doesn't feel like a resi game and constantly checking map to see if a room is cleared is really effecting the continuity (this is more of a me thing)
No, that's a downside for me as well, the room clearing. I'm constantly in and out of my map to check if I'm good to move on or keep exploring, takes me out of the action. Saying that, i really like that feature because i hate. Missing things but I'm not sure what would be another good mechanic its place.

Overall, I'm finding it a good mix of resi 7 and 4. REmake 2 was so ****ing good though, I'd love something else along those lines, even another Resi 1 REmake.
09-05-2021, 19:08   #298
How Soon Is Now

Send a message via Yahoo to How Soon Is Now Send a message via Skype™ to How Soon Is Now
Its a shame the House Beneviento section seemed kinda short because i was REALLY enjoying it. Some of the best horror content in a game Ive played threw for a very long time. Actually probably since 7 itself.
09-05-2021, 20:26   #299
Markitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Soon Is Now View Post
Its a shame the House Beneviento section seemed kinda short because i was REALLY enjoying it.
I think the short length is one of the reasons its so good.
09-05-2021, 20:34   #300
rtron

Quote:
No, that's a downside for me as well, the room clearing. I'm constantly in and out of my map to check if I'm good to move on or keep exploring, takes me out of the action. Saying that, i really like that feature because i hate. Missing things but I'm not sure what would be another good mechanic its place.

Overall, I'm finding it a good mix of resi 7 and 4. REmake 2 was so ****ing good though, I'd love something else along those lines, even another Resi 1 REmake.
Veronica remake would be the job
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion