Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Racing giving Clermont a bit of a hammering today
    45-19 with about 15 mins left

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Disappointing move from Laumape. If he was going to France I’d have hoped he’d have gone to a club with a bit more ambition..

Strange move from Stade too, I thought they were trying to cut the wage bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

To be brutally honest, going to a club with more ambition would be a very distant second to the primary reason he is going to Stade.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Disappointing move from Laumape. If he was going to France I’d have hoped he’d have gone to a club with a bit more ambition..

Strange move from Stade too, I thought they were trying to cut the wage bill?

Signing Laumape shows they have ambition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Signing Laumape shows they have ambition

They’ve got rid of Fickou and Matera to cut the wage bill. Laumape is obviously a cheaper alternative star name to keep the fans happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I see Luke Pearce is refereeing the HEC final next week. Would it not be in the interest of the 2 finalist to have a fluent French speaking referee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

I see Luke Pearce is refereeing the HEC final next week. Would it not be in the interest of the 2 finalist to have a fluent French speaking referee?

Theoretically yes, but given that both teams will have quite a few players on the pitch for whom English is a first langauge, it's not a big issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Pearce speaks French too IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Pearce speaks French too IIRC

Well if he does I hope it's better than Wayne Barnes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Well if he does I hope it's better than Wayne Barnes'.

he definitely speaks it better than WB, although tbf WB does a decent job of it and gets his point across

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Are Toulouse resting players in Top 14 in preparation for CC final? They've lost their last 2 games.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Seems U.K. and Irish TV rights to the Top 14 have *finally* been picked up, by Premier Sports.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Premier Sports have gotten the rights to the Top14 for the rest of this season and the next two seasons. 4 live games this weekend plus a highlights show.
    https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1397519073861324801

Excellent end to the regular season. Pau snatch a BO try after the buzzer to put them level on points with Bayonne but having beaten them head to head it's the Basques who have to play the second team in ProD2 for their survival. Which just happens to be Biarritz.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That will be..... EPIC!!

I wonder if Harinordoquy's da is still up for a scuffle

Premier Sports have gotten the rights to the Top14 for the rest of this season and the next two seasons. 4 live games this weekend plus a highlights show.
    https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1397519073861324801

But how can I watch that in Ireland?

I have a Sky sub (not including Sky Sports) with subs to BT sport and eir sport, but I couldn't find any channel showing the Top 14 yesterday? I can't find Free Sport on Sky and Premier Sport was blocked.

Fortunately, I found another means, but I'd far rather watch it legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

I have a Sky sub (not including Sky Sports) with subs to BT sport and eir sport, but I couldn't find any channel showing the Top 14 yesterday? I can't find Free Sport on Sky and Premier Sport was blocked.

Channel 429 was showing the Top14 games yesterday on my Sky box.

• Advertisement

You should have Premier Sports if you have BT Sport, they are the one package.

Some programmes will be blocked (Pro14 and GAA) but Top14 won’t be.

Were you watching on the right channel? #429 Premier Sports 2 was showing Union Bordeaux-Belges v Stade Toulousain. FreeSports (not on the Irish EPG) was showing ASM Clermont Auvergne v Stade Rochelais. Both at 8pm.

It’s possible you tuned into #412 Premier Sports 1, which was at the same showing Cardiff Blues v Zebre to customers in the U.K. only, and which would have been blocked in Ireland.

Also just to add, if Premier Sports isn’t an option, the play offs will be on TV5Monde, which is free to stream on the internet. French commentary obviously in that case

icdg wrote: »
    You should have Premier Sports if you have BT Sport, they are the one package.

Some programmes will be blocked (Pro14 and GAA) but Top14 won’t be.

Were you watching on the right channel? #429 Premier Sports 2 was showing Union Bordeaux-Belges v Stade Toulousain. FreeSports (not on the Irish EPG) was showing ASM Clermont Auvergne v Stade Rochelais. Both at 8pm.

It’s possible you tuned into #412 Premier Sports 1, which was at the same showing Cardiff Blues v Zebre to customers in the U.K. only, and which would have been blocked in Ireland.

Thanks for that.

Yep it was Premier Sports 1 that I was 'watching' - except that it was blocked!

I didn't find #429, although I managed to watch the UBB - ST game thanks to IPTV.

Can I tune Free Sports into my Sky box, or will I need to watch it via another means?

Thanks for that.

Yep it was Premier Sports 1 that I was 'watching' - except that it was blocked!

Yes it would have been blocked - the game on Premier Sports 1 was Cardiff v Zebre, for which Premier Sports does not hold the Irish rights.

I didn't find #429, although I managed to watch the UBB - ST game thanks to IPTV.

Can I tune Free Sports into my Sky box, or will I need to watch it via another means?

It can be turned in through Manual Tuning - 11426 V 29500 8/9. You will not be able to record or use PVR features (a restriction that applies to all manually tuned channels) but you can watch the channel live.

It’s possible it might re-appear on the Sky EPG later in the year, but there is no official word on that.

If you have eir broadband or eir mobile, you can also watch FreeSports through the eir TV app (you do not need an eir TV subscription, just an entitlement to eir sport). That will probably cease once eir Sport closes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

La Rochelle v Racing semi final next weekend should be a good game.

I ended up missing the Basque Derby but what an intense game and finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Just flicking through channels and happened upon the Top14 semi-final on Free Sports.
    Zebo just coming on with 25 to go.
    La Rochelle winning 19-6 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

20 to go and Donnacha Ryan coming on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

20 to go and Donnacha Ryan coming on now.

La rochelle strangling the life out of this game.

Racing lineout is a mess. No hooker

Advertisement