06-05-2021, 08:18   #526
Already exists

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M.B. View Post
Very very similar endings to both the UK and US season this year.
I thought that too. I really hope future contestants don't see that as the way to win. "Be a catfish and get into a relationship with someone".

Last edited by Already exists; 06-05-2021 at 23:33.
Advertisement
06-05-2021, 22:39   #527
buttercups88

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M.B. View Post
Very very similar endings to both the UK and US season this year.
Yes both were fairly similar. Especially both having the final 2 being the catfish and the romantic interest of catfish.

Did love the fact chloe was there for the experience and had no real interest (ability) to play the game.
06-05-2021, 23:44   #528
yerwanthere123

SPOILERS BELOW! Don't read if you haven't seen the final episode!!

Absolutely thrilled for Deleesa. I wanted either her or Chloe to win, but when it came down to it I was rooting for Deleesa. At the end of the day, Chloe has a decent online following so likely makes a bit of money through promotional/influencer work. Deleesa needed the win more, played a great game and it'll make a big difference to her life.

Going forward I really hope they make the US edition longer and perhaps drop one episode a night instead. I enjoyed the series but as I've mentioned previously it basically felt like a mini series. Given the short series length I wasn't that invested in the contestants as people, and the one week gap to finish off the series with a 48 minute episode kind of killed the momentum. The third series has already been filmed so I'm guessing it'll be an identical format to what we just watched, but hopefully series 4 (if we get one) will be different.

Oh btw Savannah came across awfully in that final episode, bet she's an awful dose in real life.
(4) thanks from:
07-05-2021, 13:23   #529
yerwanthere123

Channel 4 aren't renewing it for another series Very sad and disappointed with this. Tbh I reckon Netflix made them an offer they couldn't refuse.
Thanks from:
07-05-2021, 14:05   #530
deisedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerwanthere123 View Post
Channel 4 aren't renewing it for another series Very sad and disappointed with this. Tbh I reckon Netflix made them an offer they couldn't refuse.
Hopefully, you are right and the UK version just appears on Netflix. It doesn't make sense that it would be completely cancelled because i'd imagine the ratings were pretty good
Advertisement
07-05-2021, 14:26   #531
buttercups88

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisedude View Post
Hopefully, you are right and the UK version just appears on Netflix. It doesn't make sense that it would be completely cancelled because i'd imagine the ratings were pretty good
The ratings I'd say wouldn't be as high as expected because of the 10/10:15pm start time. It needs to be to 9/9:30pm. I'd say Netflix have taken it over. Seeing as they film all the world series in the same place it would be very lucrative for Netflix to buy it out.
Thanks from:
07-05-2021, 14:33   #532
deisedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercups88 View Post
The ratings I'd say wouldn't be as high as expected because of the 10/10:15pm start time. It needs to be to 9/9:30pm. I'd say Netflix have taken it over. Seeing as they film all the world series in the same place it would be very lucrative for Netflix to buy it out.
Couldnt find ratings anywhere to verify. Seemed like more buzz online this year but could just have a hardcore highly engaged smaller following
07-05-2021, 15:04   #533
Also Starring LeVar Burton

Most likely Netflix just offered Channel 4 a shed load of money to buy all the rights ; they're desperate for original content to keep subscriptions, where Channel 4 are likely always looking for space on their schedule to fit new programming in.

I would like Netflix to stick to how Channel 4 did it though, the pacing for the recent US season felt off to me, but then again it could just be that the yanks are never going to be as entertaining in something like this as the Brits are. Actually if they could just keep the narrator of the Channel 4 one for the US version, it'd instantly be so much better.
(2) thanks from:
07-05-2021, 21:12   #534
S.M.B.

Feels like there is little incentive for Netflix to make this anything more than a 12/13 episode season so it's unlikely we'll see anything like the UK version again in terms of season length. I actually prefer the US version where "gameplay" or "strategy" isn't treated with the same contempt as it is in the UK version.

Starting up the after party now, assume Savannah and Terilisha still hate the sight of each other.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-05-2021, 21:46   #535
deisedude

Word of warning. Don't watch The Circle After Party. Absolute horse manure
Thanks from:
07-05-2021, 22:06   #536
S.M.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisedude View Post
Word of warning. Don't watch The Circle After Party. Absolute horse manure
It's horrific, that's the first and last time I'll be watching a Netflix after party.
Thanks from:
07-05-2021, 22:10   #537
yerwanthere123

Didn't even know there was an After Party, although the posts above aren't exactly encouraging
08-05-2021, 12:12   #538
deisedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerwanthere123 View Post
Didn't even know there was an After Party, although the posts above aren't exactly encouraging
Netflix have buried it probably because they realise its terrible. You really have to search to find it

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion