Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haleyoshea

Meadow1013 wrote: »
    Re clearance they are at 23 in batch 1.3. It is getting closer to my number and I consider my options here.
    Have you any idea what are the chances to get mobility move outside Dublin? At the moment I drive 5 minutes to my office. Taking position in Dublin would extend my commute to nearly 3 hours. I looked at the mobility map and there are a handful of AO positions around the country and the nearest AO position is within 1 hour drive anyway. Mobility possibilities for HEOs are much better. I might be called to the HEO interview at some stage, but this is not guaranteed and as AO I won't qualify for the HEO comp. It would be great to get promoted, but life/work balance is important too.

It does say in the job description that it is a position based in Dublin and prob wfh at the start but I'd say before xmas it will be back in the office

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Meadow1013

Yes, it is two years in one place for mobility but it seems that mobility for AO is non-existent. There might be a chance for wfh with the introduction of the rural working hubs. Fingers crossed. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 HolyRomanMemes

This is in the General Stream on the final order of merit right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Murpl

This is in the General Stream on the final order of merit right?
    They’re up to 23 on the panel for batch 1.3. Hopefully there’s more movement this week, would love to get called for clearance before the next Bank Holiday (probably jinxing it now!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FrankSalazar

Anyone have any updates about the health stream?

• Advertisement

How long is clearance taking for people at the moment? I know it’s dependent on references and Garda vetting so can vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RockabillySnap

Does anyone have an update on what number they are at for the general stream, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KD1934

Does anyone know if a “WFH Grant” of sort is provided to buy a chair and monitor etc when starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

KD1934 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a “WFH Grant” of sort is provided to buy a chair and monitor etc when starting?

No.

Most departments will provide thin client or laptop but all depends on availability/ security.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KD1934

No.

Most departments will provide thin client or laptop but all depends on availability/ security.

Yeah must vary by departments cause someone I know who only started was offered a chair and a monitor alongside their laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭doc22

KD1934 wrote: »
    Yeah must vary by departments cause someone I know who only started was offered a chair and a monitor alongside their laptop.

It would prob be the chair and monitor they be using in the office anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mfux9mr9

Has anyone in batch 1.3 completed clearance yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pooling928

Anyone have any updates about the health stream?

Would love to hear an update on this if anybody has one

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Does anyone know in what departments there is traditionally more opportunities for AOs to travel internationally? E.g meetings/conferences in Brussels.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

any update on HR Stream?
    Anyone above number 10 (11, 12 etc.) been called for clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Does anyone know in what departments there is traditionally more opportunities for AOs to travel internationally? E.g meetings/conferences in Brussels.

Thank you

Any "Dept of", but it depends on your role. EU policy unit people tend to visit Brussels a lot but anyone in the say Finance Unit / HR Unit etc is far less likely to have a reason to leave the country.
    Surely more stuff will be online now anyways.

If you want go to Brussels for a longer period of time the best way would be to go for internal transfer / competition to the Representive in Brussels (I have no idea how it works in each individual dept I could only advise you based on where I worked, they had people out in Brussels) or apply for the Seconded National Experts programme.

I'd say short trips to Brussels for conferences etc are pretty dead atm and will be for a while. Brussels isn't that exciting, I've been for business once but not for a CS reason. Remember when it was a 20 euro flight, that's the easiest way to visit Brussels (yes you'll probably be flying Ryanair)!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Any "Dept of", but it depends on your role. EU policy unit people tend to visit Brussels a lot but anyone in the say Finance Unit / HR Unit etc is far less likely to have a reason to leave the country.
    Surely more stuff will be online now anyways.

If you want go to Brussels for a longer period of time the best way would be to go for internal transfer / competition to the Representive in Brussels (I have no idea how it works in each individual dept I could only advise you based on where I worked, they had people out in Brussels) or apply for the Seconded National Experts programme.

I'd say short trips to Brussels for conferences etc are pretty dead atm and will be for a while. Brussels isn't that exciting, I've been for business once but not for a CS reason. Remember when it was a 20 euro flight, that's the easiest way to visit Brussels (yes you'll probably be flying Ryanair)!

Thanks.. yeah zoom and other online tools will make such trips unnecessary going forward you’d be thinking. I’ll have a look at the seconded expert programme. Thanks

Are they still at 23 on panel 1.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RockabillySnap

Murpl wrote: »
    Are they still at 23 on panel 1.3?

Yesterday morning they were at around 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rocco2021

Yeah, they were at 36 as of yesterday afternoon

• Advertisement

Rocco2021 wrote: »
    Yeah, they were at 36 as of yesterday afternoon

For the General stream? My number is below that and I wasn’t called for clearance...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rocco2021

For the General stream? My number is below that and I wasn’t called for clearance...

That’s what I was told. General Stream Batch 1.3

Rocco2021 wrote: »
    That’s what I was told. General Stream Batch 1.3

Thanks. I’ll have to get on to them and ask about this.

Thanks. I’ll have to get on to them and ask about this.

Is it possible that a space in your selected regions hasn't been made available?

TheRoyce wrote: »
    Is it possible that a space in your selected regions hasn't been made available?

I’m not sure, my application was for Dublin and I know the majority of AO posts are located there.

I’m not sure, my application was for Dublin and I know the majority of AO posts are located there.

That's a good point.
    Please let us know what you hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Hi, can I ask please, is there anybody here who was a serving civil servant and was then promoted to AO? Did your HR count your previous service for your leave entitlement?

Got a response from PAS—they’ve only called just past 30.

They are on OOM 42, I emailed them this morning and they've replied already.

• Advertisement

Got a response from PAS—they’ve only called just past 30.

I've also gotten a response from them this morning which told me they are on OOM 41/42.

Advertisement