Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alarm Removal

Options
  • 28-04-2021 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

There's an old wired HKC alarm system in the house. Does any one know any company in Dublin area that would remove it for me?

Most installers seem to just want to add their kit to the house and double up and sensors which I can understand in some way but seems strange.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Daith wrote: »
    Hi all,

There's an old wired HKC alarm system in the house. Does any one know any company in Dublin area that would remove it for me?

Most installers seem to just want to add their kit to the house and double up and sensors which I can understand in some way but seems strange.

You could upgrade the Old HKC system using all cables in place rather than having it fully removed.

Not sure what you mean by they want to double up on sensors already in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Im guessing he means phonewatch or the likes with wireless systems. My buddy bought a house which has a full hkc wired setup then parallel to that a phonewatch system. So two of everything. PIRs, keypads, sensors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

Im guessing he means phonewatch or the likes with wireless systems. My buddy bought a house which has a full hkc wired setup then parallel to that a phonewatch system. So two of everything. PIRs, keypads, sensors etc.

Yes that's it. I'd like to get rid of the wired setup to replace it with a wireless setup.

Seems a bit of a pain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Yes that's it. I'd like to get rid of the wired setup to replace it with a wireless setup.

in that case, you just remove everything. lick of paint and polyfilla, or ideally get the wireless installer to just place everything in the same place as the old ones so no holes to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you down power main control panel, mains and battery, you can simply remove devices yourself.
    If you decide you want it done by installer ask the company installing the new system to do this for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement