Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Click and Collect

• 14-11-2020 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

If my experience is anything to go by you should avoid like the plague. Ordered stuff on Thursday for collection on Friday. Finally received an email on Saturday telling me to collect the items on.... Friday! Get to the store and queued for 1hour 49 minutes to collect. You stand in the car park getting whipped by the wind and there's no coffee/tea available. When I got inside to the 'reception' five people were crouched over one monitor doing, I'm not sure what. \meanwhile the queue kept growing. And they have the gall to charge an additional €15 for 'delivery' of this service. Never again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭tscul32

Wow - totally different to my experience. Put an order in on Friday night (fri before last), got my email to say collect on Sunday. Went down around 10, 4 people in the queue ahead of me. Got upstairs and spent a few minutes in the food market, got to the collection queue, maybe 7 or 8 ahead of me but my number was called almost immediately. And I spent €204, picked some stuff up for friends too to make the €200, so no service fee. I thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Further to my experience. My wife got a call on Thursday from IKEA wondering if we were going to pick up the order or whether it should be cancelled! Unfortunately, she said we had picked it up, as otherwise I probably would have got a refund. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Incubu

I feel much the same as the op although the circumstances were different.
    I wanted to buy an Eneby Bluetooth speaker. There were 5 in stock according to the website but it would not allow me to add one to my basket. I called customer service and spoke to an English agent. She said that when there are fewer than 10 units in stock the system would not allow click and collect and that I had to call to the store in person.
    Drove out to Ballymun this morning and was told that the items weren't in stock and that the UK customer support were always giving out incorrect advice to Irish customers.
    That was a wasted hour and a half not to mention two tolls on the M50 and I still can't get the speaker. For such a big company this is a surprisingly shoddy way to treat customers.
    Long story short - do not trust IKEA customer service and do not go near the place unless you have a confirmed order to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I opened the IKEA app this morning to spec out a home office.

Noticed a banner informing me that if I spent more than €100 I could get free click and collect in Dublin. So, I spent some time adding other kitchen and bedroom bits to a basket for collection, all flagged as available online.

Got to the payment page to be told that Click and Collect is not available. What a mess, although reading here and online I had a lucky escape!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Click and Collect is currently not permitted under covid regulations except food.

So not ikea's fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Darc19 wrote: »
    Click and Collect is currently not permitted under covid regulations except food.

So not ikea's fault.

I thought that as well but passed by Argos in Nutgrove yesterday and they had signs up for click and collect and doors were open? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,360 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So not ikea's fault.

It is if they're still advertising it on their website...?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its not only food. Argos, Currys, Woodies, HN all available for click and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

So not ikea's fault.

Click and collect is allowed for essential items - what these are I am not debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭McHardcore

Anyone know if they are re-starting Click and Collect?
    The government announced from May 10th, the phased resumption of non-essential retail will begin, starting with click and collect. However, I cannot find an update from Ikea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They might not bother, when the full shop is open a week later

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

Currently trying to get click and collect at the moment because im making the trip from cork Friday and there is only 2 in stock and when i go to checkout saying collection not available in my area ��

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭ongarite

That message usually means that all click and collect slots are used up for the day.

Ah right but doesn’t even give me an option of another day
    This now and vasty overcharging for delivery
    Touch of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Is the click and collect service still offered at IKEA? I haven't been able to select it as an option for various items over the past few weeks, but the website's customer services section indicates that it's available.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Is the click and collect service still offered at IKEA? I haven't been able to select it as an option for various items over the past few weeks, but the website's customer services section indicates that it's available.

Still available when i was up there last week as i saw people collecting from that side but they don’t offer much slots.
    It maybe easier just to go up and get yourself in store but their stock levels are low at the moment. Check the stock on your item and make the trip. But try do on a weekday no queues heard weekends is a cattle mart

Advertisement